Well, today begin presale for LOOMO on Indiegogo , and will dispatch next May 2018

4 hours ago, only 20 future owners could obtain LOOMO for "only" $999

5a9ef536aeb9d_999.PNG.2529c1c5332a0d8d5796554fc033000a.PNG

Now, LOOMO is selling in "super early bird" for $$1299, only for 100 new buyers

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/loomo-mini-transporter-meets-robot-sidekick-mobile#/

Finaly price is $1799

My question is how can we wear it when climbing the stairs? (Loomo's weight 19kg/42lbs)

It's interesting, but does not work for me right now.  The people who got it for $999 did OK though as it will have the new factor for a while.  Still, it's slow, I don't really need it to do anything for me, and based on their previous software I expect the software to be really bad.  I don't like companies controlling my use of something with poor software, automatic updates, forced registration, etc.  So it's not for me, but it will get some attention, even if it's not very practical for the cost.  I'm sure a few people will find some innovative uses for it.  It should be good entertainment at a daycare.  They also have the color wrong, this device makes more sense in white as it will likely be indoors more, and the Plus makes more sense in black.  They are conflicted obviously between cool and practical/functional. Still it's a sign of something for the future.... it's just a long way away yet.  maybe you can mount your Echo on it, so you don't need Dots everywhere to talk to Alexa.  

On 3/6/2018 at 10:56 PM, FreeRide said:

It's interesting, but does not work for me right now.  The people who got it for $999 did OK though as it will have the new factor for a while.  Still, it's slow, I don't really need it to do anything for me, and based on their previous software I expect the software to be really bad.  I don't like companies controlling my use of something with poor software, automatic updates, forced registration, etc.  So it's not for me, but it will get some attention, even if it's not very practical for the cost.  I'm sure a few people will find some innovative uses for it.  It should be good entertainment at a daycare.  They also have the color wrong, this device makes more sense in white as it will likely be indoors more, and the Plus makes more sense in black.  They are conflicted obviously between cool and practical/functional. Still it's a sign of something for the future.... it's just a long way away yet.  maybe you can mount your Echo on it, so you don't need Dots everywhere to talk to Alexa.  

I fully share your opinion
What you say is absolutely true
The LOOMO firmware has been made available to developers since last JUNE
I have not found any new FCC documents on the FCC LOOMO model validated last July.
which means that no technical improvements have been made since July
Like ANKI's COZMO American robot, LOOMO is particularly intended for a coding-sensitive & geek audience, but i rather prefer Cozmo ....
In official FCC documents, LOOMO is black and MINI PLUS is white
I agree, the opposite would have been better (white and blue metal for Loomo like R2D2) and black for the Mini PLUS because it is off road
The design of the Mini PLUS is really beautiful, it's a success, I'm not talking about problems related to firmware or used materials
I think that Xiaomi / Segway / Ninebot's choices are very much influenced by cultural factors & roots but also by Western ideals (APPLE sacred by Ninebot engineers)

100 million US dollars were injected by Ninebot in October 2017 "to increase its investment in the field of robotics and smart short transportation to further improve the company's global business development and layout."

but

Today they released an INDIEGOGO Crowdfunding project, and they obtained $ 215,929 USD raised by 204 contributors  :roflmao:

it's incredible !
they are very strong
they did not need that money
it's just the typical funding for a communication campaign

In fact, this communication campaign, it is not Ninebot who paid but his customers but who bought?
engineers, developers, businesses, shops,  some individuals, segway associates, segway employees? Official resellers?

But they will never sell the LOOMO at $ 1799 
I can not believe it
(it's the price of a NINEBOT ONE Z10)
As I can not believe that SEGWAY ROBOTICS sold LOOMO for enterprises at $ 5999 !

Cozmo really rocks...not sure Loomo will be more funny

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

100 million US dollars were injected by Ninebot in October 2017 "to increase its investment in the field of robotics and smart short transportation to further improve the company's global business development and layout."

but

Today they released an INDIEGOGO Crowdfunding project, and they obtained $ 215,929 USD raised by 204 contributors  :roflmao:

Yes, that was funny with Ninebot doing crowd funding. I had a good laugh at that. Especially when i saw they had Intel backing. 

Now the Z10... that might just be the first thing they get right in a long time if you ask me.  Although I decided i had to try an Elite Plus. It's not cheap, but call it an experiment.  The Z10.... that has a chance to be something great for them. As long as the don't try that crap about building it cheap, before they even know how to build it. The Z10 is the most interesting wheel to me, although the Tesla motor and drive firmware look like a pretty spectacular. The problem is Ninebot let the cat out of the bag, but have nothing to sell yet... other companies have now had time to prepare. 

Interesting concept and product. I've followed it a bit. Had some hope since they first announced it to be soon available as an Add-On to existing minipro's... We'll see now how it perform before I decide to buy one...

• 1 month later...

The INDIEGOGO campaign is over
They won a lot of money, really big money,
Buyers and donors have been very generous with Ninebot's Segway (robotics)

$1,191,226 USD Total funds raised !

unfortunately, Segway (Robotics) Ninebot is not too grateful to his donors and buyers https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/loomo-mini-transporter-meets-robot-sidekick#/comments

when a contributing buyer asked :

""

Congratulations for the million dollars!

for the occasion will you offer contributors the extension kit? it would be cool

bb5nofhayeaozmn158ln.jpg
Segway RoboticsActivist9 days ago
Sorry Mathieu: / that's a great idea! But we will not be offering the extension kit for free. Apologies!""  

??Extension Kit cost only $49 ($29 indigogo buyers + $20 shipping)
Extension Kit (Loomo Hardware Extension Bay) is :

"Loomo Hardware Extension Bay

Accessory - Loomo Hardare Extension Bay ($29 Indiegogo-Only Deal plus $20 Shipping). With the accessory, you can: 1) Expand your Loomo with a standard Android 5.1 powered USB 2.0 port and 2) Leverage a 24-volt power supply (1A limit). Shipping to US, CAN, UK, and EU select countries (please see FAQ for full list of countries). VAT not included."

$29 ! and he does not offer it to their $1,191,226 USD contributors !

It's amazing, the price of LOOMO is very expensive, the Indiegogo campaign brought them a great publicity, their competition to win a Loomo allowed a great visibility via social networks.

$29....23.87338 EUR (usb conector)

by putting it in the Loomo package they would have lowered their carbon footprint environmental impact....(kg CO2)...

I think Ninebot may turn out to be the Audi of the personal electric vehicles.  High prices, high priced options, poor service, and limited performance.  Trying to push style and emotions more than actual functionality.  Now unlike Audi their original series of wheels and the miniPro are very well built, but in pursuing their 'Audi' strategy there subsequent products have been a large disappointment, and an out outright failure in the P series.  I'm still really hoping, and at least 50% optimistic, that the Z series will be a good product with the decent specs at least in NA, but the price is certainly no bargain. However if they deliver a solid Product they at least will shake the Audi reliability issue, but I doubt the service issue.  Communicating with Ninebot is next to impossible.  If they start having problems it's going to be a mess.

I'm not interested in that silly Loomo, but the Z series is what is going to make or break them in my eyes.  It seems to me they have problems in the upper levels of the company.

28 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Communicating with Ninebot is next to impossible

Segway was American, so they have a little more active communication in the US
In Europe it's "zero communication"
In China it is different, the communication with the users is really good, with still some "lack of answers" concerning certain problems/issues.

10 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I'm not interested in that silly Loomo, but the Z series is what is going to make or break them in my eyes.  It seems to me they have problems in the upper levels of the company.

Same here.

I am mildly interested in the Loomo.  Probably a stronger interest in a few years as my MiniPros age.

The Z was interesting for a while, then have lost all interest in it.

I’m pleased with my setup and will look for more MiniPro batteries.

4 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

Same here.

I am mildly interested in the Loomo.  Probably a stronger interest in a few years as my MiniPros age.

The Z was interesting for a while, then have lost all interest in it.

I’m pleased with my setup and will look for more MiniPro batteries.

In the future Loomo could be interesting, but too many unknowns there.  

Other than the speed when I have to travel on the road, the miniPro really is a great concept.  really nice for sight seeing with camera and/or binoculars, goes surprising number of places since it is fairly narrow.  My Elite seems like a boat anchor in comparison, the mini is actually better at 1/4 the price.  I need to spend more time with my EUC, and I hope to get a Z series, or another one, but they way they are going their won't be stock until fall.

Yes, I will try making my own battery pack hopefully before summer is over, and I'd really like some way to make the foot plates more comfortable.  

• 2 weeks later...

Western consumer vision seen by Segway Ninebot China
I let you translate and interpret these lines 

机器人产品作为新兴事物,国外相对国内接受度更高,用户也更愿意试错。用户在够买第一台服务机器人产品时,往往抱有尝鲜的心态,对于产品性能等问题选择适度接受。而在国内,用户往往愿意购买市场成熟的产品。出于这个方面的考虑,Loomo个人版产品首先会在美国市场进行销售。

source: https://baijia.baidu.com/s?id=1589098561823547929&wfr=pc&fr=app_lst

On 5/8/2018 at 7:09 AM, jojo33 said:

Western consumer vision seen by Segway Ninebot China
I let you translate and interpret these lines 

机器人产品作为新兴事物,国外相对国内接受度更高,用户也更愿意试错。用户在够买第一台服务机器人产品时,往往抱有尝鲜的心态,对于产品性能等问题选择适度接受。而在国内,用户往往愿意购买市场成熟的产品。出于这个方面的考虑,Loomo个人版产品首先会在美国市场进行销售

source: https://baijia.baidu.com/s?id=1589098561823547929&wfr=pc&fr=app_lst

Robotic products are emerging, foreigners are more receptive to the domestic market, and users are more willing to trial and error. When users buy the first service robot product, they often have an early adopter mentality, and they choose to accept it appropriately for product performance and other issues. In China, users are often willing to buy mature products in the market. For this reason, the Loomo Personal Edition product will first be sold in the U.S. market.

Archived