Tesla vs. MSuper V3s+ with Tesla Motor

I had a chance to try out the Tesla over the weekend and I’m tempted to get it.  It is entirely different than the Msuper which I hate.  Though they are about the same width, it felt completely at ease riding it.  Amazing wheel.  If the KS18L is anything like the Tesla it will be a really hot wheel!

12 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I had a chance to try out the Tesla over the weekend and I’m tempted to get it.  It is entirely different than the Msuper which I hate.  Though they are about the same width, it felt completely at ease riding it.  Amazing wheel.  If the KS18L is anything like the Tesla it will be a really hot wheel!

I was surprised by how different the riding experience is between the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor.  I really prefer the Tesla on the road, I just wish it had a 1600 Wh battery because at my weight (205 lbs) I can only get 29 miles out of the wheel before it's just not fun anymore.  So, I either need a bigger battery, or I need to lose weight in order to get any more range out of my Tesla.  :-)

1 hour ago, Charles McLean said:

I was surprised by how different the riding experience is between the Tesla and the MSuper V3s+ w/Tesla Motor.  I really prefer the Tesla on the road, I just wish it had a 1600 Wh battery because at my weight (205 lbs) I can only get 29 miles out of the wheel before it's just not fun anymore.  So, I either need a bigger battery, or I need to lose weight in order to get any more range out of my Tesla.  :-)

I'm not like some of the hardcore folks here.  I can't ride for more than 2 hours without my feet going numb.  That is why I prefer to take my KS18S on longer trips since my old bones needs a seat and rest my feet even for 30 seconds when we are waiting for a light.  It really helps.  I don't really need more than 30 miles of range.  We just did a group ride over the weekend and it was for 4 hours and we didn't do more than 30 miles.  Plus if you are really planning on being in the middle of nowhere for 30 miles at a time without a place to charge?  Got to eat right?  LOL  I think the battery in the Tesla is fine for most people.  I would be bold to say it is for more than 95% of the population.  

2 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

My riding weight is ~170-pounds and I consider my Tesla a solid 35-mile wheel. I can squeeze over 40-miles out of it, but like you say, those aren't fun miles.

So I think you'll have to lose a lot of weight :P

Your experience with the MSuper is why I don't feel the need to upgrade.

I think you would really like the ACM2 though. Still rides different than the Tesla, but it's very much a Tesla (16-inch) type wheel vs the MSuper. And you'll probably be able to get 40-miles on the ACM2 (until you lose weight ;)).

40 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I'm not like some of the hardcore folks here.  I can't ride for more than 2 hours without my feet going numb.  That is why I prefer to take my KS18S on longer trips since my old bones needs a seat and rest my feet even for 30 seconds when we are waiting for a light.  It really helps.  I don't really need more than 30 miles of range.  We just did a group ride over the weekend and it was for 4 hours and we didn't do more than 30 miles.  Plus if you are really planning on being in the middle of nowhere for 30 miles at a time without a place to charge?  Got to eat right?  LOL  I think the battery in the Tesla is fine for most people.  I would be bold to say it is for more than 95% of the population.  

Very bold ;)

Myself, I can't take the Tesla on many rides that I'd like to because of the limited range.

15 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My riding weight is ~170-pounds and I consider my Tesla a solid 35-mile wheel. I can squeeze over 40-miles out of it, but like you say, those aren't fun miles.

So I think you'll have to lose a lot of weight :P

Your experience with the MSuper is why I don't feel the need to upgrade.

I think you would really like the ACM2 though. Still rides different than the Tesla, but it's very much a Tesla (16-inch) type wheel vs the MSuper. And you'll probably be able to get 40-miles on the ACM2 (until you lose weight ;)).

I'm convinced that all of my extra belly fat gives me a lower center of gravity and makes me that much more of an effective EUC rider!

On 06/03/2018 at 5:58 PM, Charles McLean said:

I'm convinced that all of my extra belly fat gives me a lower center of gravity and makes me that much more of an effective EUC rider!

ooh wonder if i can use this as an excuse to my gf so that i can keep drinking my beers :P

On 3/4/2018 at 8:32 AM, Marty Backe said:

I've been very happy with the four wheels that I've purchased from EWheels. The only reason that all 11-wheels that I've purchased didn't come from him was for some reason, he didn't carry Gotway until mid last year. Fortunately he came to his sense :D

Oh please stop, you bestow too much praise :efeec46606: This is not a paid endorsement, M. Backe Corp does not receive a royalty kickback for each time he invokes the term 'eWheels', 'ewheels.com' 'Jason McNeil' or any combination or variant thereof.

On 3/4/2018 at 4:56 PM, yourtoys7 said:

@Jason McNeil what are you getting in new order? New acm and msuper ?

.  Yep, the ACMv2s are expected to arrive today, shipping out to Customers on Monday. MSupers are waiting for the reverse diode fix to be implemented by GW.

On 3/4/2018 at 8:32 AM, Marty Backe said:

I really have received some amazing support from @Jason McNeil. When I got my new MSuper and it had the bad firmware that caused me to crash, he was able to ultimately re-flash the control board. If during that period when Gotway was sending out the crappy firmware I had bought the wheel from China I would have been without a wheel substantially longer and the fix much more involved.

I've been very happy with the four wheels that I've purchased from EWheels. The only reason that all 11-wheels that I've purchased didn't come from him was for some reason, he didn't carry Gotway until mid last year. Fortunately he came to his senses :D

On 02/03/2018 at 9:03 PM, Marty Backe said:
On 02/03/2018 at 9:03 PM, Marty Backe said:

It's strange that you find the MSuper is easier for tight turns. Totally opposite from my experience. The Tesla is extremely nimble and much easier to turn sharply. Hmmm.

I think I can understand what he said. I have the same experience. At low speed and tight turns, the msuper3 is more stable so there is a roorm for preparing well  the tight turn. Today while riding forward at low speed, it's easier for me to tight turn with the tesla but for backward riding I manage tight turns significantly better with msuper3 (820Wh).

On 3/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There are 84V volts between two of the pins at the charging port on my Tesla.  I measured it with a volt-meter.  So if you, a kid, or a dog decides to put their tongue on the prongs just to see how they taste like - watch out... And yes stranger things have happened albeit rarely thank goodness!  Although... it might come in handy to light a small signal or camp fire if you end up stranded out in the mountains after riding too long without enough water on a really hot day.  :whistling:  But how often does that happen?  Yeah yeah it's not a flaw - it's a feature!  :w00t2:

@The Fat Unicyclist. Here it is 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, Charles McLean said:

Charles McNotSoLean. :P

15 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

@The Fat Unicyclist. Here it is 

This is true. lol I also tried to measure, but i slipped and crossed them.
New one is already installed and a 6 amp fuse for good measure. Installing a diode later. This melted the Chargeport and both the connector inside from the chargeport and the one from the battery. Had to solder it. hehe

Skjermbilde.JPG

8 hours ago, EUC GUY said:

This is true. lol I also tried to measure, but i slipped and crossed them.
New one is already installed and a 6 amp fuse for good measure. Installing a diode later. This melted the Chargeport and both the connector inside from the chargeport and the one from the battery. Had to solder it. hehe

Skjermbilde.JPG

So I'm better to just use my tongue then? If it tingles, then I don't have a diode, and it won't break my wheel.

31 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So I'm better to just use my tongue then? If it tingles, then I don't have a diode, and it won't break my wheel.

Not sure if “tingles “ is the right wording. But in the event that you do try this ...be sure to get it on video . It’ll be much easier for the police, coroner and your family that way. No need for a long drawn out investigation. ?

On 3/12/2018 at 2:11 AM, Scott Henley said:

Not sure if “tingles “ is the right wording. But in the event that you do try this ...be sure to get it on video . It’ll be much easier for the police, coroner and your family that way. No need for a long drawn out investigation. ?

With auto upload I think we all should get a laugh too!

• 2 months later...

Archived