Can I use bicicle tires that are 16 inches on my inmotion v8

claudioagmfilho

Apart from the clearance problem not all 16" tires are alike and match on any so-called 16" rim. The V8 tire is 57-305. The second number is the specification for the rim diameter in mm, which you need to adhere to precisely. So-called 16" tires can be made for rim diameters from 305 up to 349mm.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know a person who actually increased the tire clearance on his V8 to make space for a different tire. I got a different tire that I tried to put on after a having a flat tire because I wanted to try out if it reduced the sense of wobbling with high tire pressure but... Also not enough clearance so ended putting the stock. (ofcourse after fixing the inner tube with a regular bike fixing kit). So yeah definitely would say be mindful of the tire you buy ;)

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, lucian75 said:

Hi, do you know if this tire will work on V8?

Mitas 16 x2. 10 54. 305

I broke 3 inner tube, 1 from my fault but last 2 times i think i have something om my tire or the tire is very used.. Have 2200 km :)

Screenshot_20190205-000722.jpg

The rim size is correct and I have been using different tires of size 2.125 without problem. Larger tires do not fit into the shell, and you might get rubbing of the new tire in the inner shell as reported by others even with the above size.

• 8 months later...

You can just use regular cheapo 16" (kids bike usually) bicycle tubes,   just cut a spacer or two from an old tyre (I use the thick part from around the valve from an old tyre) to go around the valve on the inside of the wheel.

You're making a spacer  to stop  the valve sticking out of the rim as far.   Till the valve whilst still not being bent - sticks out straight,  but not as far,  and will then clear the plastics on the unicycle.    

I've been running normal tubes ever since working that out - at $5 each from K-mart.   Those bent valves tubes are expensive!

Edited by t0me
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, t0me said:

You can just use regular cheapo 16" (kids bike usually) bicycle tubes,   just cut a spacer or two from an old tyre (I use the thick part from around the valve from an old tyre) to go around the valve on the inside of the wheel.

You're making a spacer  to stop  the valve sticking out of the rim as far.   Till the valve whilst still not being bent - sticks out straight,  but not as far,  and will then clear the plastics on the unicycle.    

I've been running normal tubes ever since working that out - at $5 each from K-mart.   Those bent valves tubes are expensive!

interesting :)

thanks, gonna try this when I need to change the tube :) 

• Like 1

It sounds a bit risky to put a spacer behind the valve. The tube will want to rest against whatever you put there and if it doesn't provide support for an inflated tube the tube will eventually tear there.

Edited by alcatraz

good luck finding a bicycle tire that will fit lol.. i havent been able to find any the same size.. these are not bicycle tires that they are using theyre e bike tires

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

Euc specific tires have inforced sidewalls.

”EUC specific” tires don’t exist. Z10 excluded though, which in my understanding is a made-to-order motorcycle tire.

EUCs use generic tires made for e-bikes and other electric vehicles.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2018 at 1:29 PM, houseofjob said:

First off, it's the inner tube that you would probably be replacing when flat, not the tire, so any 16" x 1.95" or wider inner tube with a 0º bent valve; typical bicycle inner tubes will not work because the valve is usually sticking outwards (90º) and not flush with the tire plane (0º).

Second, if you in fact do want to replace the tire, the V8 in particular has very little tire clearance in general, so not all 16" x 2.125" tires will work (certainly not Chao Yang / CYT tires, as that was a main reason why I sold my previous V8). Usually 16" x 1.95" tires will work on the V8 (like the Maxxis Hookworm), but this is all dependent on the thickness of the tread.

am i looking for 0deg bent valve inner tubes for Kingsong wheels (the S series), i know i can visually look at my wheels, but that doesn't mean i can tell what angle they're at

9 minutes ago, someguy152 said:

am i looking for 0deg bent valve inner tubes for Kingsong wheels (the S series), i know i can visually look at my wheels, but that doesn't mean i can tell what angle they're at

I had luck with a 16x2.125mm tube in my KS16S. https://allegro.pl/oferta/detka-rowerowa-16x2-125-zawor-dunlop-30mm-awina-8405194705

It's not bent, but the valve is so short it doesn't matter. :)

It's thinner than original inner tube though, so additional padding may be a good idea.

22 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

I had luck with a 16x2.125mm tube in my KS16S. https://allegro.pl/oferta/detka-rowerowa-16x2-125-zawor-dunlop-30mm-awina-8405194705

It's not bent, but the valve is so short it doesn't matter. :)

It's thinner than original inner tube though, so additional padding may be a good idea.

hmmm, i have to disagree on that.. i would not suggest using any straight valve tube as while it may be able to fit, you are putting a lot of stress on the joint forcing the stem to bend over like that.. some wheels it would be fine like some 18" wheels i know the hole is centered and theres ample room to go straight up.. but on most eucs its off to the side and by forcing a straight valve over to the side like that the joint is constantly being twisted with pressure on it so it becomes even more of a weak point, likely to be where its going to fail.

@someguy152 all you need to do is look at your euc, there are only two types of bent valve stems those that point parallel to the tube and those that point outwards (or inwards depending on the orientation you install the tube).. if im remembering right the KS16S has it pointing parallel just like this theyre cheaper on aliexpress and they all work good as long as you get the stem right ive bought a dozen tubes from aliexpress, but you can also obviously get them from most dealers for a premium if youre in a hurry. if you are still unsure just post a pic of it here and ill be able to tell you which one it is

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

hmmm, i have to disagree on that.. i would not suggest using any straight valve tube as while it may be able to fit, you are putting a lot of stress on the joint forcing the stem to bend over like that.. some wheels it would be fine like some 18" wheels i know the hole is centered and theres ample room to go straight up.. but on most eucs its off to the side and by forcing a straight valve over to the side like that the joint is constantly being twisted with pressure on it so it becomes even more of a weak point, likely to be where its going to fail.

I did a few hundredths of km on mine without issues. But I obviously agree, it's an inferior solution, albeit a very cheap one ($3 per tube).
I ordered a straight bicycle one because I wasn't able to get a bent one locally and I didn't want to wait a month from China. I'll definitely order a proper one when I fix my KS16S. B)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

I did a few hundredths of km on mine without issues. But I obviously agree, it's an inferior solution, albeit a very cheap one ($3 per tube).
I ordered a straight bicycle one because I wasn't able to get a bent one locally and I didn't want to wait a month from China. I'll definitely order a proper one when I fix my KS16S. B)

hey whatever works! if these things were easier to take apart i would be using whatever the cheapest tube i could get my hands on and not care lol, but im definitely much more willing to spend more money on a proper tube if i can mean that possibly it will be much longer until i have to swap it out, because changing the tire is always a nightmare on any EUC haha... thats why i have always recommended whenever somebody takes their EUC apart for any reason they change the tube (unless its got like 100 km on it obviously that would be a waste)

Over 2000k's on my V8 with a standard $5 straight stem kids bmx bike tube spaced for the valve to fit without interference.

No drama's at all.     

Took the tube out today to check it out because of some of the posts I've seen here.  No special wear that I can see.  No wear at all really.   Still riding fine as far as I can tell.

I have a bent valve tube on the wall in case the one I have in it craps out on me.   I shouldn't have wasted the money to buy it.   I can't see any difference in the thickness or construction other than a bent (and metal) valve vs the integrated rubber valve with small metal stem on the cheapo $5 k-mart tube I'm riding on in it daily.    
I have slimed it though.

1 hour ago, t0me said:

Over 2000k's on my V8 with a standard $5 straight stem kids bmx bike tube spaced for the valve to fit without interference.

No drama's at all.     

Took the tube out today to check it out because of some of the posts I've seen here.  No special wear that I can see.  No wear at all really.   Still riding fine as far as I can tell.

I have a bent valve tube on the wall in case the one I have in it craps out on me.   I shouldn't have wasted the money to buy it.   I can't see any difference in the thickness or construction other than a bent (and metal) valve vs the integrated rubber valve with small metal stem on the cheapo $5 k-mart tube I'm riding on in it daily.    
I have slimed it though.

nice, like i said its different for every EUC some it will work fine if theres room.. i tried this too out of desperation (and cheapness) once and it literally lasted me about ten mins before it split open at the joint lmao.. needless to say i wont be doing that again taking apart an EUC and changing the tube twice is not at all fun