I5 for Heavy Rider?

Colorado CJ

After two weeks of owning my first wheel, and ACM2, I am already looking for a second wheel (yeah, I caught the bug bad!).  

I have the heavy, long distance and fast wheel down with the ACM2.  I'd like my second wheel to be a small, light and fun wheel.  The I5 really looks like it fits two of those criteria, maybe even all three.

The problem is my weight.  I am 6'4" and 220-225 lbs.  This wheel states a max of 220.  Am I just too heavy for this wheel?

I'd really like the I5, but I might have to go with the MTEN3 because of my weight.

I rode the I5 for the first time yesterday. It's an impressively thin wheel but didn't impress me with the sense of unlimited power like the the Mten3 provides. My riding weight is in the low 170's. It's hard to say with any certainty, but I think the Mten3 would provide you a much better sense of security.

The I5 is a 14-inch wheel with a 500-watt motor. This verses the 10-inch 800-watt motor of the Mten3. I think the I5 would feel very under-powered for you.

The I5 is very impressive as an ultra-portable wheel for carrying, etc.

I was going to say mten3, too. If you absolutely need a wonderfully light, carryable, no high demand last mile city thing, the i5 is perfect. Otherwise, for fun, and with a heavier rider, the mten3 seems far superior. Battery size, motor power, torque are on another level compared to the i5.

You're going to have a fantastic stable soon! ACM2 and mten3, holy ****:dribble:

On ‎25‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 4:44 PM, Colorado CJ said:

I have the heavy, long distance and fast wheel down with the ACM2.  I'd like my second wheel to be a small, light and fun wheel.  The I5 really looks like it fits two of those criteria, maybe even all three.

In my opinion you HAVE a small and light fun wheel with the ACM2 :-)

What about going to a real Long distance wheel like an 18incher like KS18S or GW V3s+ or even a GW Monster? Just kidding...but in my opinion These are even more addictive than the small wheels.

If to choose between an I5 or an Mten3...go for the Mten3! But as you are absolutly not that lightweight guy i would DEFINITLY check/fix the battery pack on it!

Archived