Need help with app V8 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Goodman

I think this is an Android Oreo issue with Wheellog and Inmotion wheels. Does the Mate 10 Pro run Oreo? I just tried Wheellog on my wife's Sony XZ Premium Android phone (also Oreo) with no luck.

It seems things are fine if you had a connection established in Wheellog prior to any system update to Oreo (v8) but if you reinstall Wheellog for any reason and have to search for the wheel again from scratch it just doesn't show up to progress any further. I'll PM @palachzzz to see if he is still interested in continuing his work with Wheellog (he hasn't logged on since November but then it is not exactly riding season in Russia) as it is probably a quick fix for someone who knows the code otherwise I'll have a look at his code myself. There were a few changes to Bluetooth data responses in Oreo according to the Google Developer pages.

I have to fix it one way or another. Wheellog and my Pebble have spoiled me. I honestly don't feel as safe riding without access to speed data and vibration alerts on my wrist.

Archived