Need help with app V8 on Huawei Mate 10 Pro

Goodman

Hi Guys,

I just changed phones from Iphone to Huawei mate 10 pro but after installing the app i can not find the V8 in the search.

The bluetooth is working as I can connect everything to my new phone but just not the Inmotion V8.

Things I have tried is disconnect the bluetooth connection on my iphone logout of the app on the iphone, updated to the latest inmotion software on the mate pro, deleted the serial code and entered it again.

I just can't get the search to find my wheel but it works fine on the iphone.

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

How do I unbind?

Firstly, you have to be logged in as the current owner.

On the app go to the tab "me" (bottom right) and then tick the settings wheel (top right).
Choose "Owner verification".
You should see a serial number and the text "THE SCV HAS BEEN VERIFIED".
Now trash the serial number by ticking the garbage can icon. 
Log Out.
Open the app on your new phone.
Go again to "Owner verification".
Now you should be able to bind by entering the serial number (or scanning the QR code).

Thanks z3n but it didn't work for some reason says the following:

bluetooth Mac address is invalid please delete the vehicle in vehicle management interface and add it again.

I deleted it a few times already but still it doesnt work.

Any other suggestions?

That inmotion app is one hell of a mess... Not really user friendly and all those technical problems with the connection and geolocation let alone all the horrendous permisions it requests... tops with the "social"-part that pops up at you when you just need to see your speed/mileage or adjust the beepers volume..

WheelLog is a much better alternative. Heck, even Segway/Ninebot app is much better than Inmotion's

59 minutes ago, Vik's said:

WheelLog is a much better alternative. Heck, even Segway/Ninebot app is much better than Inmotion's

Please, how can I have wheellog working with my v5f? I been trying few times without success. I detest the social part of immo too, because this I have not euc app installed

1 hour ago, Demargon said:

Please, how can I have wheellog working with my v5f? I been trying few times without success. I detest the social part of immo too, because this I have not euc app installed

I think (and hope!) that v5f should work the same way as the v8.

So download Version 2.0.5 (WheelLog_27092017) from here: version 2.0.5 

Install as usual (uninstall any previous versions) and take a look at this topic as well:

I didn't meet any problems with my wheel and have both inmotion app and WheelLog working on my phone.

I tried using wheellog but it can't find my wheel it has something to do with.

Bluetooth Mac address is invalid please delete the vehicle in vehicle management interface and add it again.

I can find the wheel with no problems with my old IPhone on both the Inmotion app or darkness app it's really weird it seems like the blue on my wheel is locked to OS operating system.

11 hours ago, Goodman said:

I tried using wheellog but it can't find my wheel it has something to do with.

Bluetooth Mac address is invalid please delete the vehicle in vehicle management interface and add it again.

I can find the wheel with no problems with my old IPhone on both the Inmotion app or darkness app it's really weird it seems like the blue on my wheel is locked to OS operating system.

Weird stuff.. But did you succeed with removal of your EUC's serial number from the ios app?

Found some similar issues being discussed at the french forum: Mac address bluetooth is unrecognized

Somehow the OP there got connected to the wheel with an older version of android app - v6.0.2 (there are a few other versions too on https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.inmotion.ble/)

On 2/25/2018 at 8:26 PM, Goodman said:

Thanks z3n but it didn't work for some reason says the following:

bluetooth Mac address is invalid please delete the vehicle in vehicle management interface and add it again.

I deleted it a few times already but still it doesnt work.

Any other suggestions?

I same have the problem connecting V8 with my new phone (pixel 2 XL) switched from iPhone. Tried everything you've mentioned previously and even tried different versions of another APP wheellog. I have been digging around for solutions even contacting inmotion's engineers have replied me with "problem received and we are still working on it"... So please let me know if you have maybe found the solution before me vice versa. 

1 hour ago, YC A Yang said:

I same have the problem connecting V8 with my new phone (pixel 2 XL) switched from iPhone. Tried everything you've mentioned previously and even tried different versions of another APP wheellog. I have been digging around for solutions even contacting inmotion's engineers have replied me with "problem received and we are still working on it"... So please let me know if you have maybe found the solution before me vice versa. 

I tried everything the nice people on these and other forums have suggested but it still doesn't work. It seems like the Bluetooth in the new android phones is incompatible with the V8 I don't know enough I am not too technical minded. I gave up if I need to change any settings I will just use my old iPhone I hardly use the app anyway but it would be still good to have it.

Keep me updated if you do find a solution thanks :)

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Vik's thanks for the advice I have tried that a few times already without any success. I think I'm done trying now. 

Sorry to hear about that... I'm vaguely remember someone mentioned some similar problems with serial number and that the problem was solved by Inmotion's support. Serial number got corrupt or something like that... So might be worth a shot to contact Inmotion and see if they can figure it out?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks you @Vik's. Finally I have the WheelLog app working in my im v5f and what a surprise it can reach 40km/h :efee78d764:

The only problem is I need the im app working before the WhelLog can connect to the euc

Screenshot_20180328-120023.png

Oh, 40km/h, Wow! That's fast! I don't think I would try to ride that fast on mine, but good to know that there is enough headroom to be cruising at ~27km/h

Do you mean that you have to start inmotion app before Wheellog can connect every time or just once?

Yes, wheellog doesn't work without the IM app working.

I try unbind and change the Bluetooth password. Maybe I need to put the serial number instead the Bluetooth password in the wheellog request?

20 minutes ago, Demargon said:

Yes, wheellog doesn't work without the IM app working.

I try unbind and change the Bluetooth password. Maybe I need to put the serial number instead the Bluetooth password in the wheellog request?

Don't think you need a serial number for Wheellog...

Just tested this on my wheel.  I have both inmotion app and wheellog installed but none of them running (forced them to close) - so I start the wheellog and it connects to the EUC immediately.. The funny thing is that Wheellog never asked me about bluetooth passcode...

I'm just reinstalling Wheelog on my OnePlus 5T. Never had issues before on this phone or my old Sony but now it won't show the V8 in the Bluetooth search. I'm wondering if this is an Oreo thing as I think this is my first use/reinstall of Wheellog since I updated the OS. The Inmotion app still connects but that was setup before the upgrade to Oreo. I'm about to rebuild my phone and am worried neither will work afterwards. 

I get it working after installing the 2.0.5 version. I uninstalled others versions and IM app, provide the modified Bluetooth password and giving it location permits. (android ver. 7.0)

I really happy with it and I have no plans for back to the IM app. Tanks the developer and the users for help me with the setup. Good work!

Archived