Mten3 London

Hey, 

Not sure if I should post in here or meet ups, I was wondering if anyone had a gotway mten3 in London ? I'm considering purchasing one and would love to give it a quick test before ordering. Or does any one know of any UK Suppliers who would let me have a test ride ?  

Am very experienced euc rider, promise I won't damage it! 

Thanks

Andrew

38 minutes ago, andrewk said:

Hey, 

Not sure if I should post in here or meet ups, I was wondering if anyone had a gotway mten3 in London ? I'm considering purchasing one and would love to give it a quick test before ordering. Or does any one know of any UK Suppliers who would let me have a test ride ?  

Thanks

Andrew

Yorkshire Airwheels is closing down, so I think your only option left would be Speedyfeet...that obviously would involve a train trip up north. It's good that you want to try one though - I'm not sure it would be wise to buy a 10inch wheel without seeing/giving one a go first!

What wheel are you coming from? I have a v5f+ you're welcome to try out which is a 14inch. I've never used or even seen a 10incher before.

There is of course, ONE OTHER OPTION if your heart is set on an mten3: you could buy a £50 return ticket to Paris using Eurostar Snap (snap.eurostar.com). I know that sounds crazy but that's how much a train ticket up north is too these days anyway. So it's the same money. Plus Paris would be a more enjoyable day trip than Gloucestershire! Plenty of euc shops in Paris where I'm sure they'd let you try any wheel you wanted - e.g. http://gyroroue-shop.fr

6 hours ago, andrewk said:

Hey, 

Thanks

Andrew

Trust us Andrew, the Mten3 is one of the best wheels out there... its truly a blast to ride, and the acceleration on it is fabulous. Its not a beginner wheel, but once you get the hang of it, its amazing. Just buy it

52 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wut? Do you have more details?

Was announced on the 'Official London Electric Unicycle Club' facebook page.

Not a Gotway fan personally, but if you are perhaps there'll be some killer bargains to be had as they (presumably) try and shift their remaining stock. So might be worth keeping an eye on their products page I suppose.

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Wut? Do you have more details?

Yeah, thats known a bit longer now...some time ago some people searched for Kingsongs in england, and when they reached out to yorkshire wheels, they were told the same :-(

I always wondered why there was no "official" KS distributor in the UK, thought they were or were going to become that (vs. Speedyfeet for Ninebot and GW). And now they shut down? :efee8c29ce:Ian talked about testing KS wheels (he showed an 18S in some of his videos) and selling them, but since it hasn't happened, I don't get the impression that's high on his list.

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I always wondered why there was no "official" KS distributor in the UK, thought they were or were going to become that (vs. Speedyfeet for Ninebot and GW). And now they shut down? :efee8c29ce:Ian talked about testing KS wheels (he showed an 18S in some of his videos) and selling them, but since it hasn't happened, I don't get the impression that's high on his list.

I'm no entrepreneur, but I get the general impression (Jason, Ian and others seem to support this) that the Chinese business attitude is.....to put it politely.......'cavalier.' They need to be sort of stimulated into action even for things that can only HELP their profit margins. It's weird. A cultural enigma - perhaps like Americans and their guns.

Mten3 is a great wheel. For short distances. And after some mods. Battery mod is almost compulsory (please search the forum) ,  trolley handle mod ( Marty Backe did very good mod) and tubeless tire (if it is not tubeless from the stock ). 

@Paddylaz

Yea i heard about Yorkshire airwheels - I emailed them to ask if they had any more stock and they emailed back to say they were closing down.

I'm coming from a crappy generic 14" X3 clone, have had it for about 3 years now! Thanks for the offer, I've actually tried the V5F, went for audition for a B&Q advert where they wanted people who could ride EUC's (random I know) and they had them there, they are a nice ride!

p.s. Great and hilarious idea  about going to france for the day!

@Mrd777

I'm looking for a last mile wheel primarily, and I've read/been advised that due to the size of the wheel on the mTen3 it really wouldn't be practical. I was split between a  IPS I5, KingSong 14S, and Mten3. I'm now on the verge of purchasing a Kingsong 14S as although its overkill for my intended use (less than 5 miles most days), the wheel just has such good feedback and seems very safe. But its gonna be really heavy to carry around on my daily train commute in London and due to its size it's gonna take up quite a bit more space too. My last wheel weighed about 10KG and was about 17 inches tall, apart from the wheel size mTen3 was almost the perfect replacement! I decided against the IPS I5 as there isnt much feedback about it, and the motor/battery size, I weigh 90 KG and with my work bag + clothes im probably just over 100KG - decided I wanted something a little safer and more powerful!

@Scully Hah yeah thanks, pretty far away though!

@Ch.Eng.62 yep thanks for the tips, I've been reading about those mods.

Archived