dark theme removed due to a bug

10 hours ago, John Eucist said:

The "Dark Theme" option was removed due to a bug that I cannot resolve. Just put your sunglasses on. B)

is it a bug only in darkmode?? or does it affect other tings...

i liked dark mode so well... :crying:if any chance can you put it back 

11 hours ago, Shad0z said:

is it a bug only in darkmode?? or does it affect other tings...

i liked dark mode so well... :crying:if any chance can you put it back 

The bug only affects dark theme. All embeds of other forum posts show the wrong embed in dark theme.

Meanwhile you can use this but it won't work for mobile:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

2 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

Also anyone with a Samsung phone (and the latest Samsung browser software) can activate the night mode (and also the 'high-contrast' mode in settings.

i think you should make your signature a little smaller...:mellow:

12 minutes ago, John Eucist said:

Wow didn't know that. Thanks! 

Screenshot_20180224-230725.jpg

Yeah it's awesome. The difference, as far as I can tell, between the 'night mode' and 'high contrast mode' in accessibility settings, is that night mode will dim images too in certain light conditions, whereas high contrast keeps images as they are.

In terms of desktops/laptops, youtube and twitter also have dark modes which are SO much better if a regular user.

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2018 at 10:03 PM, John Eucist said:

The bug only affects dark theme. All embeds of other forum posts show the wrong embed in dark theme.

Meanwhile you can use this but it won't work for mobile:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en

You mean how they would show as basically unreadable with the dark background and basically same coloured text? I tried pretty hard to find the setting in the theme to fix that and a few other minor issues, but never managed, or the fixes broke other things as well.

Archived