Hi Guys,

I need your help deciding on a wheel.
I am from Australia and I have been researching this for quite sometime now.
I can't seem to make a decision. Gotway seems to have the best capacity in the market but the worst quality control. With all the reported incidents on youtube; I do want to get the best, sturdiest, off-roading, long rage, highest wh out there but I dont want to die.
Now I have seen many people on youtube crashing with Gotways without even reaching half its speed limit... ACM 2 giving up at 15mph after hitting a minute bump on the road.
I sense a lot of frustration in  many videos with gotways (ACM 2 with a wrong footplace installed). I need someone to give me an honest opinion on what is the best and safest out there for what I want bearing in mind that I dont plan on going any faster than 45 km/h - 96 kg weight

33 minutes ago, Alfred said:
Hi Guys,

I can't seem to make a decision. Gotway seems to have the best capacity in the market but the worst quality control. With all the reported incidents on youtube; I do want to get the best, sturdiest, off-roading, long rage, highest wh out there but I dont want to die.
Now I have seen many people on youtube crashing with Gotways without even reaching half its speed limit... ACM 2 giving up at 15mph after hitting a minute bump on the road.
I sense a lot of frustration in  many videos with gotways (ACM 2 with a wrong footplace installed). I need someone to give me an honest opinion on what is the best and safest out there for what I want bearing in mind that I dont plan on going any faster than 45 km/h - 96 kg weight

Where are all of these ACM 2 instances that you're talking about. The wheel has barely been released? There are vast numbers of Gotway riders out there, so it's not really all doom and gloom. But I would say if you are really risk averse, buy a KingSong and accept the lower performance as the necessary tradeoff between performance and reliability.

Yet when I read between the lines of what you write, I would say that you are itching to buy a Gotway and are looking for affirmation. I hereby give it to you - but a Gotway and join the high thrills and medium risks (:cry2: ;)) of riding the best performance wheels in existence :clap3: 

I've owned a lot of Gotway wheels and only one threw me without any contributing factors from me. And that was a firmware issue that was then resolved in that batch of wheels.

"Don't plan on going faster than 45 km/h" :shock2:  Given this, you clearly like living a bit on the edge. Gotway should not be an issue for you :D

Hi @Marty Backe, I know you're an ACM 2 hardcore fan :)

I have seen most of your videos and I have to say I am impressed. You made me itch for the ACM 2.

Speedyfeet had an entire batch delivered with misplaced foot place though. 

others complaining of Gotways do exist, but I am like you said, ready to turn a blind eye.

I am not a fan of KS16 and the V8 is too good looking for me but cant say I haven't considered it due to its attractive price and safety features.

I would be very interested in hearing what you think about the V8.

do you know how I can get my hand on an ACM2 in Australia - I have subscibed with myus so if you dont know any sellers from the land down under, perhaps I can get one from America.

Anyone you know can give me a discount?

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I've owned a lot of Gotway wheels and only one threw me without any contributing factors from me. And that was a firmware issue that was then resolved in that batch of wheels.

It is really funny that you dont count  your ACM melting wire issue as throw off ;-)

I own a gotway msuper V3S+. I’ve ridden mine close to 700 miles and never had an issue. I’m a heavy rider (200lbs) and my average cruising speed is 15-18mph. My normal commute is 4-5 miles one way on mixed roads. After owning my gotway, I’d own another gotway ?

23 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

It is really funny that you dont count  your ACM melting wire issue as throw off ;-)

I specifically said "without any contributing factors from me". The vast majority of riders aren't taking their wheels up hills like what melted my wires. So I'm not including it.

I know you're just having fun with me, but for everybody else I'm clarifying my statement.

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hi @Marty Backe, I know you're an ACM 2 hardcore fan :)

I have seen most of your videos and I have to say I am impressed. You made me itch for the ACM 2.

Speedyfeet had an entire batch delivered with misplaced foot place though. 

others complaining of Gotways do exist, but I am like you said, ready to turn a blind eye.

I am not a fan of KS16 and the V8 is too good looking for me but cant say I haven't considered it due to its attractive price and safety features.

I would be very interested in hearing what you think about the V8.

do you know how I can get my hand on an ACM2 in Australia - I have subscibed with myus so if you dont know any sellers from the land down under, perhaps I can get one from America.

Anyone you know can give me a discount?

The Speedyfeet incident was memorable for sure :facepalm:  A good reason to buy from a reputable dealer - I'm sure Ian didn't send those directly to customers.

The V8 is a very nice wheel, but it doesn't have the performance that you're looking.

Regarding your desire to get one in Australia, all I can suggest is buy direct from China. Checkout the Green and Fashion Travaling Shop on AliExpress. I know, very strange name. Myself and many others have reliably purchased wheels fromChen. Contact him directly and ask if he can sell you the ACM2 and ship to Australia.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908673?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.2a121eeciADlk8

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I specifically said "without any contributing factors from me". The vast majority of riders aren't taking their wheels up hills like what melted my wires. So I'm not including it.

I know you're just having fun with me, but for everybody else I'm clarifying my statement.

Yes, sure :-)

But as a friend with a Monster was riding beside you, i dont Count taking a wheel up hill as "contributing factor".... Otherwise riding a wheel at all is also a contributing factor.

Just kidding, as you know!

Will receive my purple new wheel today...then you can make Fun with me ;-)

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

Alfred, I have seen those nature shows in Australia. It seems like all your animals and even the plants are trying to kill you. Aren't you used to it by now? Think of the EUC as just another cane toad or drop bear. :D

It is hard to pick a best wheel or best time to buy. There will always be something better coming along. Right now it looks like the new Ninebot Z10 might be great but it's not out yet. You really get into the sport you will end up buying a second wheel anyway once you know what you like. That's especially true if you're just learning, I think for example a Monster is not a good first wheel at all but you definitely might want one down the line once you're good.

Regardless, EUCs are uncommon enough that it is very handy to learn how to maintain, diagnose, and fix them. That way you can undo whatever mistakes were made at the factory or do simple repairs yourself. It's a lot easier to convince someone to send you a new control board than to ship the whole wheel back and forth to fix it.

On ‎23‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 6:31 AM, Alfred said:
Hi Guys,

a gotway is the performance wheel you have been looking for i have the tesla. I can highly reccomend it

but if you are worried about safety? Get the newer gotway wheels the tesla or the acm2 

and you can always turn on some tiltback and play around with alarms so you can choose if you want to take risks

or enable tiltback at Lower speeds and then its just as safe as a king song if not safer (more safety head room with more power)

Archived