KS-16S Running Temperature

JeffDog1978

Hi,

I have a quick question that one of you more experience King Song owners might be able to answer.

I got a new KS-16S in the mail a couple of days ago.  I'm currently a bit blocked on unlocking it fully due to the poorly timed app update King Song just did (and not having any luck with work arounds at the moment), but my question is about running temperature.

Since the wheel is still speed limited--and I can't access any features through the app--I've only taken it out for one quick test ride just to see that it was functioning properly.  It's a new wheel to me, and certainly feels different than my Segway/Ninebot One S1, but I was able to connect it to the Darkness Bot app and noticed that it was reporting very high temperatures.  It was a semi-cool day out (60 degrees or so), and the app was reporting a temperature somewhere upwards of 200 degrees (I think 220 or 240).

Looking at the documentation, it says the running temperature is between -10C and 60C (so, 14F to 140F).

My question is twofold:

• Is Darkness Bot an accurate source of temperature readings?
  • If so, is my wheel running freakishly hot?  

Any insight would be appreciated.  I don't have a ton of experience with these things, and would like to figure out if there is something wrong with the new wheel or not.

@JeffDog1978

I would guess that the Darkness bot temperature is wrong...i also remember reports about that!

240Fahrenheit is just not possible.....

The Ks wheel would/will warn you if to high temperatures will occure! (over 80C...176Fahrenheit)

The app prob in the moment is a bad thing....try todo the settings needed by an android phone of a friend.

Hopefully after chinese new year holiday the registration will work, and the problems will go away! But i wouldnt bet on it...so try the android workaround!

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

@JeffDog1978

I would guess that the Darkness bot temperature is wrong...i also remember reports about that!

240Fahrenheit is just not possible.....

The Ks wheel would/will warn you if to high temperatures will occure! (over 80C...176Fahrenheit)

The app prob in the moment is a bad thing....try todo the settings needed by an android phone of a friend.

Hopefully after chinese new year holiday the registration will work, and the problems will go away! But i wouldnt bet on it...so try the android workaround!

I imagine you’re right about this. Unless the wheel was really defective, it would be odd to run so hot. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RoberAce said:

How do you feel the difference between E+ and 16S? Could you tell something that the personal experience and feeling of the difference?

Way more power, more Speed etc etc etc with the 16S.....

The Darkness bot app is wrong. I have a Kingsong 16S and the an older version of the Kingsong app. Kingsong app reports vastly lower temperatures.

• 1 month later...

Which battery/control board temperatures should not to be exceeded, in order to prevent my KS-16S from damage, especially during hot summer days? 

Thanks, Borg 

Archived