Anyone replaced their car yet?

exoplanet

18 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I've carried a large box down to the post office to mail, and I've gone shopping for some items like a 4L milk, jug of lemonade, eggs, etc.  It's actually very practical and fun if you don't need to get a lot of items.   I usually will carry one plastic bag in each hand and ride home.  I haven't bothered bringing a backpack, but that's an option.  It's not too bad with the extra ballast, but you have to keep full control of your wheel with only your feet.  It's a little tricky on downward slopes so be careful.  I still need to practice stopping on downhills.  Uphills don't seem as bad for some reason.  People love seeing you riding and carrying stuff around.  I've had cars stop especially for me to cross the road.  I usually try to give them a thumbs up if I can, but it depends on how heavy the bags are.

I do that all the time :cheers:

But be sure to have a bag in each hand, or the bag hand will become a wind-anchor trying to turn you constantly... I mostly use a sailors sack that I carry slung on my back.

I bought an euc to augment my travel options after ditching my auto... My commuting needs are modest: I rotate walking, wheeling, and cycling. In the heat of summer, I don't like to walk or get all sweaty - so I use my wheel (weather permitting). For longer trips, works great with public transportation; (I also use a motor-scooter for getting around town). All in all,  I don't miss having a car much... B)

On 2/15/2018 at 5:44 PM, exoplanet said:

With the higher speed monster, tesla, msuper, has anyone got rid their cars yet?

I am trying to commute.. but having to work with the Safety team at work.. having to convince them that it’s safe enough to ride on the property.  ?

On 16/02/2018 at 12:44 AM, exoplanet said:

With the higher speed monster, tesla, msuper, has anyone got rid their cars yet?

My car lease came to an end and I didn't renew as I had my tesla, saves me about £300-£400 a month I reckon, specially since I charge the wheel at work :P

Archived