Burbank, CA Unicycle Meetups?

Jon Sawa

I've been on regular and electric skateboards for forever now and I am really wanting to make the jump to a unicycle!  Any chance there are meetups out there where I could find some friendly people to hang with and maybe try one of them out?  Big investment without giving one a spin.  I will pretty much travel to anywhere in Los Angeles to try one out and even willing to pay someone for their time but would be nice if some folks are in Burbank!  Thanks for the help guys!

6 hours ago, Jon Sawa said:

I've been on regular and electric skateboards for forever now and I am really wanting to make the jump to a unicycle!  Any chance there are meetups out there where I could find some friendly people to hang with and maybe try one of them out?  Big investment without giving one a spin.  I will pretty much travel to anywhere in Los Angeles to try one out and even willing to pay someone for their time but would be nice if some folks are in Burbank!  Thanks for the help guys!

If you look in this section you will periodically see Los Angeles area group ride announcements, mostly by me. Actually, a group of us will be departing on a 45-mile group ride this Saturday morning at 7:30am. Unfortunately we're meeting to go on a ride, but you could probably get 15-minutes of seeing them up close and personal.

You might be hard pressed to find someone willing to ride their wheel because it's 100-percent guarantee that you will crash the wheel since you don't know what you're doing.

Actually, I do have a generic cheapo that I wouldn't care if you crashed it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/15/2018 at 10:15 PM, Marty Backe said:

If you look in this section you will periodically see Los Angeles area group ride announcements, mostly by me. Actually, a group of us will be departing on a 45-mile group ride this Saturday morning at 7:30am. Unfortunately we're meeting to go on a ride, but you could probably get 15-minutes of seeing them up close and personal.

You might be hard pressed to find someone willing to ride their wheel because it's 100-percent guarantee that you will crash the wheel since you don't know what you're doing.

Actually, I do have a generic cheapo that I wouldn't care if you crashed it.

Are you planning one of these again any time soon. I really would like to ride with some other people. 

36 minutes ago, MikeTheCreator said:

Are you planning one of these again any time soon. I really would like to ride with some other people. 

Join my Telegram group. Just about every weekend something is going on. Our next Big ride is February 9th, and the 18XL is a perfect wheel for it. The ride is pinned to the top of the Telegram group. https://t.me/laeucgamesgrouprides

On 1/27/2020 at 12:17 AM, MikeTheCreator said:

I’m just down the road in WeHo if you feel like meeting for a ride.  I’m off work for the next couple weeks so my schedule is fairly open. 

16 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I’m just down the road in WeHo if you feel like meeting for a ride.  I’m off work for the next couple weeks so my schedule is fairly open. 

Yes I’m down. I don’t live far from there. Also are you on that telegram group. It’s pretty awesome!

13 hours ago, MikeTheCreator said:

Yes I’m down. I don’t live far from there. Also are you on that telegram group. It’s pretty 

Yes, I show up as Brian on Telegraph.