Replacing the Gotway Monster Axle Shims

Marty Backe

That time of year again where I get to completely tear-down another Gotway wheel to deal with axle shims :crying: This time it's my Monster.

5 minutes ago, Rob Valley said:

Have you tought about adding something between the shims and the nut? wondering since it seems the nut is moving the shims when tightening

No. The whole design basically sucks. I hope someday they move towards something like what KingSong does. I hope I don't have to take the Monster apart again or at least for a long time.

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

No. The whole design basically sucks. I hope someday they move towards something like what KingSong does. I hope I don't have to take the Monster apart again or at least for a long time.

What the play belongs:

I guess you are just getting to used to the Tesla and ACM :-)

The older Msuper/Monster firmware had definitly some play, thats one of the reasons why i sold my V3....

26 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I thought some of the Gotway aficionados would appreciate some dry humor :D 

Yip, that was a good one! I really loughed, too :-) Or the momentwhere you said: We all know the good quality control :)

This all reminds me i ordered two new pedal arms from Kingsong France, when i was having play issues with my pedals.
The ones they sent me looked more milled out than casted, a lot more weight. 
Ended up fixing the play so i never needed to replace, should have sent them back though.. 

8 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Thanks Marty, at the moment my Monster has very little slop, however its a matter of time...  

Where did you purchase the shims ?

EWheels

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That time of year again where I get to completely tear-down another Gotway wheel to deal with axle shims :crying: This time it's my Monster.

Great educational video as always! Best of all....no sparks! ;)  I see your marked your XL60s. Perfect.

So your mixing wood and metal again. This image inspired me.

39355476535_f4b4c8f204_b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Great educational video as always! Best of all....no sparks! ;)  I see your marked your XL60s. Perfect.

So your mixing wood and metal again. This image inspired me.

39355476535_f4b4c8f204_b.jpg

Hilarious as usual :roflmao:

You may have spotted the use of a custom socket made by someone we both know ;). Thanks again.

Archived