wheellog won’t connect to ks-18s

novazeus

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

it will connect to my ks-16s running 1.03 but not ks-18s running 1.04. anybody else having this problem.

Did you try to delete the app in the task switcher? sometimes the application is blocked because it is paired to another wheel...

novazues,

I might be stating the obvious here, so forgive me if that’s the case, but hard to know what level of familiarity you have with this issue.

I also have two KingSong wheels — so when I have one up and running with Wheel log and I want to switch to the other wheel I have to go through a little app exercise.

First I have to activate the KingSong App and establish a connection with the second wheel by letting the KS App do a scan to find it. After I have established the connection to the new wheel with the KS App then back out of it and fire up Wheel Log......wheel log wont connect to the new wheel without doing a new scan as well, so push the orange wheel icon that will be blinking on the top line then the Bluetooth icon will be highlighted......push that icon (BT) and it will now scan for the new wheel so that you can then pick it from list of BT devices it finds (if you don’t have location on, it may ask for that first, but you can just ignore that page and back out of it if you want, it will then go to BT scan).

Seems like a bit of a hassle, but that’s what I have to do to switch wheels with Wheel Log cause it always wants to connect to the last wheel it was registered to which makes you have to do a new scan to get connected to a different wheel.

Hope that helps and I didn’t state stuff you already were aware of. 

Thanks @Master Blaster  Your advice was spot on for me. (16S v 1.02)  I was able to get WheelLog and Pebble to work.  But now I have a different problem.

When I was setting alarms in WheelLog, the alarms started going off and nothing I did would stop them.  It's a 6 buzz alarm.  It first started when I moved the "Current Alarm" slider.  As I said, nothing I did after that stopped the 6 buzz alarm, until I turned all alarms off.  I got the Pebble for the speedo and the alarms.  Any Ideas?

57 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Thanks @Master Blaster  Your advice was spot on for me. (16S v 1.02)  I was able to get WheelLog and Pebble to work.  But now I have a different problem.

When I was setting alarms in WheelLog, the alarms started going off and nothing I did would stop them.  It's a 6 buzz alarm.  It first started when I moved the "Current Alarm" slider.  As I said, nothing I did after that stopped the 6 buzz alarm, until I turned all alarms off.  I got the Pebble for the speedo and the alarms.  Any Ideas?

I don’t know on the alarms in Wheel Log, I have never messed with them......you might have to ask in the general discussion area for that one.

6 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

novazues,

I might be stating the obvious here, so forgive me if that’s the case, but hard to know what level of familiarity you have with this issue.

I also have two KingSong wheels — so when I have one up and running with Wheel log and I want to switch to the other wheel I have to go through a little app exercise.

First I have to activate the KingSong App and establish a connection with the second wheel by letting the KS App do a scan to find it. After I have established the connection to the new wheel with the KS App then back out of it and fire up Wheel Log......wheel log wont connect to the new wheel without doing a new scan as well, so push the orange wheel icon that will be blinking on the top line then the Bluetooth icon will be highlighted......push that icon (BT) and it will now scan for the new wheel so that you can then pick it from list of BT devices it finds (if you don’t have location on, it may ask for that first, but you can just ignore that page and back out of it if you want, it will then go to BT scan).

Seems like a bit of a hassle, but that’s what I have to do to switch wheels with Wheel Log cause it always wants to connect to the last wheel it was registered to which makes you have to do a new scan to get connected to a different wheel.

Hope that helps and I didn’t state stuff you already were aware of. 

thanks. pretty sure i already tried all that. i even force closed the apps between wheels. if u can connect, i’ll keep screwing with it. i think it worked on 1.03.

58 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Maybe the Pebble diety knows.  @Marty Backe are you with us?

Alarms are confusing to configure. When I get home tonight I'll write something up on how they work.

On 2/12/2018 at 8:24 PM, Master Blaster said:

Novazeus,

Yeah I can connect with both wheels, both also have the recent firmware updates 1.03 and 1.04 respectively 

works fine with the ks-16s but wheellog will not connect to the ks-18s. i noticed in the kingsong app when connecting, i’ll get a momentary “illegal device” and then ks-18s. i don’t get that with the ks-16s, so i think it’s a kingsong thing.

13 hours ago, novazeus said:

works fine with the ks-16s but wheellog will not connect to the ks-18s. i noticed in the kingsong app when connecting, i’ll get a momentary “illegal device” and then ks-18s. i don’t get that with the ks-16s, so i think it’s a kingsong thing.

Don't you have both Kingsong logos on your wheels?  One with the China logo and the other with the European/rest of the world logo?  That is why you get illegal device I think.  :unsure:  The workaround AFAIK is to use a chinese phone number in a VPN.

35 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i can connect to the kingsong app with both wheels but only the ks-16s connects to wheellog. i connect to kingsong 1st then try to connect to wheellog. 

My bad, I misunderstood.  The only other thing I can think of is try a different phone.  Hopefully someone with wheellog experience will chime in.  I wish wheellog worked with Ninebot, but apparently it does not.  Looks like a great app for Kingsong and Gotway.

so weird. between kingsong and bluetooth who knows. just tried everything with my other android phone, no luck. then i decided to pair the phone to the wheel to play some music on the speakers and it did that fine so then i switched to wheellog and it paired up. without the kingsong app running. pairs with or without the ks app running.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived