Kingsong-NEW App iOS new Version 3.0

da_toni

On 2/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, Scott Henley said:

I unknowingly updated (my phone did it automatically while I was sleeping) .

i have to say I’m not impressed. I can’t register. I’ve tried a good ten times now and keep getting the “registration failed” message . It’s pretty annoying. You can’t access the speed limit settings within the app unless you are a registered user and being that I can’t register...I can’t access these settings. Pretty unhappy with it all right now . 

This is working now. See my previous post for details. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, Holt said:

that button labeled 'shut down' - does it actually turn the wheel off?  seems kind of nutty to have that button in that position knowing folks use the app while riding.  

anybody know when they are gonna fix the registration issue with apple iOS app?  :whistling:

Holt, yes! I just tested it, and it turned my ks18s off instantly!  I will never ride with the KingSong app open until there is an update to remove it!

30 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

Thanks so much for trying. I did finally get registered! For anyone that is still struggling with this, what I did was removed my email address from the user name field, and replaced it with my first and last name with a space between. Boom! It worked. 

Next question.. it now will allow settings up to 60kmph.. can we set it that high?

@kingsong69 please chime in..

Thanks guys! So excited to ride at whatever max this baby will give me!!

Ok.. attempted to set the speed for 59.. it errors out at anything over 50. So I set my settings 1 and 2 off, alarm 3 at 47, tiltback to 49. Then, I lifted it off the floor and let it run. It spins up quickly, begins beeping at 47, and manages to hit 55 before shutting down.  I am really excited! ?

9 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Thanks so much for trying. I did finally get registered! For anyone that is still struggling with this, what I did was removed my email address from the user name field, and replaced it with my first and last name with a space between. Boom! It worked. 

Next question.. it now will allow settings up to 60kmph.. can we set it that high?

@kingsong69 please chime in..

Thanks guys! So excited to ride at whatever max this baby will give me!!

Nope...It can be only set to 50.

9 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Holt, yes! I just tested it, and it turned my ks18s off instantly!  I will never ride with the KingSong app open until there is an update to remove it!

This Shut Off button works only when the wheel is Standing still!!!

Like the power button it will not work, while the wheel is driving. The Shut off is meant to use if you want to use the Bluetooth Music without the wheel being in Action/On!

21 minutes ago, Adlers83 said:

Registration finally worked as you said!??

But my speed settings are all at 20, cant change them higher !?! 

My wheel was unloked before... 

There is no "Code" needed anymore...

But: YOu have to "Register" completly! Search in the app  (i guess it was under "more") and Register with your sex, Age etc....as soon as you have done that, and agrred to a license, your wheel is unlocked automatically....

is anybody getting prompted to upgrade their firmware in the new app? 

mine still reads version 0.0 in the firmware interface and does not prompt to upgrade. 

prior to Barrett's issue with his new 16s blowing fuses after upgrade I was prompted to upgrade each time I logged into the app - even without going into the firmware interface.

@kasenutty I am not the expert but I would not update firmware without a real need to do so.  I’ve asked the forum for compelling reasons to upgrade (safety etc) and have only received responses suggesting enhanced app functionality, not direct wheel functionality.  

It was implied that the max speed on the 18s went to 60 w last firmware update and/or the number of miles needed to remove speed restrictions was reduced.  I have not done a firmware upgrade on my 18s and the app shows max speed of 60 and removed speed restriction simply by agreeing to assume the risk.

BUT I am not a kingsong expert by any means.  I’m just addicted to riding mine!

9 hours ago, Holt said:

It was implied that the max speed on the 18s went to 60 w last firmware update and/or the number of miles needed to remove speed restrictions was reduced.  I have not done a firmware upgrade on my 18s and the app shows max speed of 60 and removed speed restriction simply by agreeing to assume the risk.

The Firmware update only reduced the needed Kilometers from 1000 to 200km, then the 50kmh Speed Setting will be allowed.

Yes, the app goes up to 60..but you can not set the last tiltback or the alarms to anything over 50kmh.

No KS wheel goes faster than 50kmh...and probably/hopefully never will.....

Where was that implied, that it went to 60??? I hear that first time

It was my understanding that a firmware upgrade increased the speed setting upper limit from 50 to 60.  If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong) the old green app top end speed shown in the speed control app interface was 50.  The new app displays 60.

I’ll dig around in the forum and see if I can find what lead me to believe this and report back.

No problem!  Just digging my new wheel.

6 minutes ago, Holt said:

If I recall correctly (and I could be wrong) the old green app top end speed shown in the speed control app interface was 50.  The new app displays 60.

Thats right......it can SHOW up to 60.....

7 minutes ago, Holt said:

increased the speed setting upper limit from 50 to 60

Thats wrong :-)

Speed Setting was and is maximum 50....and that only for 18S and forthcoming 18L....after 200km. Before it's 40....

see, I am not an expert!  but I know a forum where I can find them!  :efeebb3acc:

I am glad that the app is working and my wheel is awesome though.  

I commute to work on it and this morning I stopped at a coffee shop, rested the 18s inside next to the door and the reaction people had to it was funny to watch.

Guy on a motorcycle asked me if it was a briefcase.  When I explained what it was he got all excited and must have said the word 'cool' about 50-60 times.  I don't know why but I think watching the positive reactions people have to these things really brightens my day.  So much bs in the world today and all it takes is the 18s to get most folks to smile.  

On 3/12/2018 at 8:32 PM, KingSong69 said:

Afaik both E-Mail AND telephone are working now....

Dont use Hotmail and yahoo acounts ......

When you can not type in a Email adress, because only numbers will work, you have to Change to "E-Mail Registration" before....there is a button below to do that...

Thank you. Registration worked and i was able to login. Now for some odd reason the app crashes when i try to login :( 

On 3/15/2018 at 5:26 AM, KingSong69 said:

Where was that implied, that it went to 60??? I hear that first time

Don’t think I have heard that either. But I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to a 60kph speed limit on the 18L. :dribble:

Though , I know it probably will never happen . 

5 hours ago, sreejith said:

Can someone please help me with this? 

App crashes on me when I go into messages.  In fact not much in that part of the app/interface works for me - mapping etc does nothing and sometimes crashes.

I second the reinstall and might suggest the trifecta of uninstall - shut phone down - reinstall.  Disappointing in today’s world when we are used to everything and something that has potential almost hits the mark.  

My darkness bot app is less than helpful.  I haven’t dedicated the time to fully investigate setup though.  Weather interface and several others do nothing.  Base info seems to work ok.

I did get his game app though and that thing is pretty hard!

5 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Don’t think I have heard that either. But I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to a 60kph speed limit on the 18L. :dribble:

Guy on mt bike passed me on greenway yesterday and I tried to hang w him.  Hit about 35kph and the wheel got squirrelly.  I think, barring something out of mechanical alignment, the death wobbles come from foot placement and leg fatigue.

I will probably desire more speed as I ride more but right now for me 40kph is like the sound barrier for Chuck Yeager. :D

18 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Did you try de-install/deleting it...and installing new?

17 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Let me try del, shutdown and reinstall. Thanks guys. 

On 3/17/2018 at 1:34 PM, Scott Henley said:

On 3/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, Holt said:

App crashes on me when I go into messages.  In fact not much in that part of the app/interface works for me - mapping etc does nothing and sometimes crashes.

I second the reinstall and might suggest the trifecta of uninstall - shut phone down - reinstall.  Disappointing in today’s world when we are used to everything and something that has potential almost hits the mark.  

My darkness bot app is less than helpful.  I haven’t dedicated the time to fully investigate setup though.  Weather interface and several others do nothing.  Base info seems to work ok.

I did get his game app though and that thing is pretty hard!

An uninstall, shutdown and reinstall helped. Looks like this could be the solution for all problems related to this app :D

Well, the iOS app was working . Now today my speed limit is way reduced . So I open the app and it has logged me out . Try to login but can’t . All my info is put in and correct but the login button is non responsive. You tap it and nothing happens . So annoyed right now .:furious:

Sending positive mojo your way Scott.  I am so gun shy w that app it took everything I had to click on speed settings the first time.

and when it took my settings I exited and never went back!

Archived