Kingsong-NEW App iOS new Version 3.0

da_toni

4 minutes ago, Holt said:

Speed unlock worked perfectly on android phone w old app.  

firmware will not update with the old app on either OS platform - iOS or android.

the new iOS app recognizes my wheel and prompts to update firmware but I don’t have a registered account.  Is it possible to update firmware w/o registered account?

maybe a kind person who can register a new account would create an account in the new app for a guy in need of one and send me log in info?  

Or is all registration closed due to holiday?

Even though it prompts to update firmware, you don't have to do it right away.  You can ride on the current firmware and update it later.  You should be able to register when the holidays are over, I think.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yea!  I’ve put 60 miles on it w base firmware in three days of ownership already.  

The 18s really nice. I have a ninebot that is really nice too but the 18s gets me there and back.

My work commute is 16 miles a day so planning to rack up the miles on it.

i agree w waiting for the end of holiday.

1 hour ago, Holt said:

the new iOS app recognizes my wheel and prompts to update firmware but I don’t have a registered account.  Is it possible to update firmware w/o registered account?

You do not need to register to update the firmware with this App version. The only change in the latest 18S firmware update is to unlock the Wheel once it's attained 200km.

images.ewheels.com/KSv5.apk

16 hours ago, Holt said:

Yes, after unlocking the Wheel with the v4, you can then update the firmware without the requirement to register with this version of the App: images.ewheels.com/KSv5.apk

Hey all,

is anyone having trouble with the v.4 Android app work around?

I had a friend with an Android phone come over earlier today, and we got the app installed with the correct GPS and storage settings, but connecting to the wheel always failed. 

The KS 16S would show up in the list of devices, but it would fail back to the device list without completing the connection. 

Its a bummer. That brand new wheel isn’t quite as useful as I had hoped at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, JeffDog1978 said:

Hey all,

is anyone having trouble with the v.4 Android app work around?

I had a friend with an Android phone come over earlier today, and we got the app installed with the correct GPS and storage settings, but connecting to the wheel always failed. 

The KS 16S would show up in the list of devices, but it would fail back to the device list without completing the connection. 

Its a bummer. That brand new wheel isn’t quite as useful as I had hoped at the moment. 

My ninebots will not connect that way either.  I have to turn on Bluetooth on in the phone, then just touch the app icon on the home screen and it automatically connects.

On 2/17/2018 at 2:39 PM, steve454 said:

Even though it prompts to update firmware, you don't have to do it right away.  You can ride on the current firmware and update it later.  You should be able to register when the holidays are over, I think.

But, with iOS version of the app (what the original post is about), as soon as you select the connect to the wheel, the version list of the updates pops up and you can’t close the list that pops up. (As was noted by more than 1 person in earlier posts in this thread.)

On 2/17/2018 at 4:58 PM, Holt said:

Oh yea!  I’ve put 60 miles on it w base firmware in three days of ownership already.  

The 18s really nice. I have a ninebot that is really nice too but the 18s gets me there and back.

My work commute is 16 miles a day so planning to rack up the miles on it.

i agree w waiting for the end of holiday.

4 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

But, with iOS version of the app (what the original post is about), as soon as you select the connect to the wheel, the version list of the updates pops up and you can’t close the list that pops up. (As was noted by more than 1 person in earlier posts in this thread.)

I don't have IOS but he has 60 miles on it with the base firmware so it seems to be working fine.

It seems that IOS is not working well in China.

31 minutes ago, steve454 said:

My ninebots will not connect that way either.  I have to turn on Bluetooth on in the phone, then just touch the app icon on the home screen and it automatically connects.

That’s a good idea. I’ll try that when I have access to an android phone again. 

Thanks for the tip. 

14 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Can we get back to the original subject of the thread?

Has anybody been able to use the iOS version of the app or have a workaround using iOS ?

I have not been able to register . Assuming after CNY it will get working . But it does connect to my wheel and give me battery , temp, distance and speed info. So since my settings are already where I want them from using the previous app it’s not a huge problem. 

15 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Can we get back to the original subject of the thread?

Has anybody been able to use the iOS version of the app or have a workaround using iOS ?

I am using the newest IOS version and it still works pretty flawless for me....

Afaik it is just not possible to register at the moment. But i have to say i was registered since a long time on the new app.

What do you want to do....will you try loging in with my account ;-)?

Actually i find this app neat...

It adjusts your speedometer/tachometer to the settings you have done in speed settings.

Means the speedometer wheel is green until your furst set alarm....then yellow, from alarm 1-2..

and red from alarm 3/4...

The social functions work now better...i have done some messages with foreign KS freaks.... :-)

Firmware update had worked flawless, too....

So no complains from my side....Optical not so good(white/orange ...no contrast)...temp and amps to small letters....really worse User Interface. But other than that...it works.

My daily driver is still the Darkness Bot app! Best graphical user interface....

11 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Afaik it is just not possible to register at the moment. But i have to say i was registered since a long time on the new app.

Whenever I try to connect to my KS18AY, the app displays the list of the versions of the app and it doesn’t let me close it or do anything else. 

this was mentioned earlier and may help:

there are two buttons hidden or covered up by the app interface at the bottom of the screen.  poke around bottom left (NO button location) and see if you can get the firmware update notification window to close.  if you poke around bottom right (YES button location) and if you manage to click that button it will prompt you to log in.  you can cancel out of that log in screen fairly easily.  either of these workflows should get you to the main app interface.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:38 PM, KingSong69 said:

Afaik it is just not possible to register at the moment. 

KingSong69 - if you try to register a new account in your app, can you?  I’m wondering if it is a Americas issue, Euro thing, Asia thing, nobody can, etc.

You could become an account incubator for your brothers in the US.

8 hours ago, Holt said:

this was mentioned earlier and may help:

there are two buttons hidden or covered up by the app interface at the bottom of the screen.  poke around bottom left (NO button location) and see if you can get the firmware update notification window to close.  if you poke around bottom right (YES button location) and if you manage to click that button it will prompt you to log in.  you can cancel out of that log in screen fairly easily.  either of these workflows should get you to the main app interface.

Before it was first suggested about “poke around bottom” I had tried that very thing with no results. 

Do you have an iOS device ?

19 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

Before it was first suggested about “poke around bottom” I had tried that very thing with no results. 

Do you have an iOS device ?

On 2/18/2018 at 9:11 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, after unlocking the Wheel with the v4, you can then update the firmware without the requirement to register with this version of the App: images.ewheels.com/KSv5.apk

Not sure if this answers your question, since I don't own a Kingsong, just trying to help from what I am reading.

Was thinking Kingsong might be the next wheel, but these app problems are driving me away.

Ninebot also is a PITA

3 hours ago, steve454 said:

Not sure if this answers your question, since I don't own a Kingsong, just trying to help from what I am reading.

Was thinking Kingsong might be the next wheel, but these app problems are driving me away.

Ninebot also is a PITA

Totally different issue and that’s for Android. 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:44 PM, KingSong69 said:

.i have done some messages with foreign KS freaks.... :-)

Me too......YOU! :roflmao:

Is there any way to get back the old app on iOS?  I didn't ask for this POS and I don't want it.  I'm happy enough with the old green app, Ollie and all.

4 hours ago, Smoother said:

Me too......YOU! :roflmao:

Is there any way to get back the old app on iOS?  I didn't ask for this POS and I don't want it.  I'm happy enough with the old green app, Ollie and all.

Hi,

yes you could go back to the old app version but only if you have a iTunes backup of your phone on your pc/mac... :barf:

Maybe Kingsong will release again another update where the old look is back again... :efee8319ab:

Archived