Kingsong-NEW App iOS new Version 3.0

da_toni

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unknowingly updated (my phone did it automatically while I was sleeping) .

i have to say I’m not impressed. I can’t register. I’ve tried a good ten times now and keep getting the “registration failed” message . It’s pretty annoying. You can’t access the speed limit settings within the app unless you are a registered user and being that I can’t register...I can’t access these settings. Pretty unhappy with it all right now . 

49 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

i have to say I’m not impressed. I can’t register. I’ve tried a good ten times now and keep getting the “registration failed” message . It’s pretty annoying. You can’t access the speed limit settings within the app unless you are a registered user and being that I can’t register...I can’t access these settings. Pretty unhappy with it all right now . 

Dont use Gmail accounts! (if thats the case here)

1 hour ago, Scott Henley said:

(Using iPhone 6s+ on iOS 11.2.5)

Yea. I can’t register as well.  I tried to register using my phone number, they sent me a verification code, I entered it, and I kept getting a message that the register verification process failed.   I repeated this about 6 times and each time I got the same register verification failed message.  After about the 6th time, they stopped sending me validation codes (they were text messages from them to me each time).

Whenever I try to connect to my KA18AY with the app, about 2-3 seconds after it connects, my iPhone screen displays a large list of the updates to the app and what each update did.  However, this ‘update page’ never goes away and I can’t ‘swipe it’ away or press anything on the screen to make it go away. 

5A486B7F-4D60-45AD-8A49-A53CCAC7F732.jpeg

43CDFA32-AA86-4AAA-9589-5D879248D997.png

@Jason McNeil, have you heard anything about this problem ?

19 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

43CDFA32-AA86-4AAA-9589-5D879248D997.png

On the bottom of this „update yes/no“ page, there should be 2 buttons, the „No“ on the left....So if up/down scrolling is not possible? Thats bad then....while it should work without doing anything on this page.

For me the app works fine...even the version before, seams i was lucky!

@Scott Henley, also:

Try out registering by mail, but dont use a GMail account.....

If the registration process However will not work...you can do a goaround:

Ask a friend with an android phone to install the app, register there!

After registering you can use the normal login on the IOS app. 

This is interesting that they are encountering difficulties to release a robust app? This is probably not their core business/skill, but on the other hand most product today get advantage to be connected, isn't it ? That drives me to another idea : would you think feasible to dev a watch app to manage your wheel from you watch ? (for example, on IQ Connect of Garmin sport watch)  Would someone be interested in investigating it with me ? 

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

On the bottom of this „update yes/no“ page, there should be 2 buttons, the „No“ on the left....So if up/down scrolling is not possible? Thats bad then....while it should work without doing anything on this page.

@Scott Henley, also:

If the registration process However will not work...you can do a goaround:

Ask a friend with an android phone to install the app, register there!

After registering you can use the normal login on the IOS app. 

I just took your advice on FB and tried using an alternative (non gmail) account . That still didn’t work . I guess I’ll try the android go around when I get to work this morning . Thanks !

1 hour ago, Geoffroy said:

This is interesting that they are encountering difficulties to release a robust app? This is probably not their core business/skill, but on the other hand most product today get advantage to be connected, isn't it ? That drives me to another idea : would you think feasible to dev a watch app to manage your wheel from you watch ? (for example, on IQ Connect of Garmin sport watch)  Would someone be interested in investigating it with me ? 

I’m assuming it’s not their strong suit . But what’s more puzzling to me is why release a buggy app at the time of Chinese New Years, knowing that they will not be there to offer any tech support ? 

5 hours ago, abinder3 said:

@Jason McNeil, have you heard anything about this problem ?

It's in keeping with the long running tradition of releasing better hardware but worse Apps with each successive generation <_<

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

why release a buggy app at the time of Chinese New Years, knowing that they will not be there to offer any tech support ? 

Technically the CNY doesn't start until the 12th, a lot of factories, including KS shut everything down a week early, this year on the 6th. Yes very poor planning to put this out right before the general shutdown, Flora told me they were going to live 'after the holiday'. I was given a link to the App a week earlier but I've been up to my neck with other projects, since it was going out later, it wasn't a pressing priority. When exactly the same thing happened in October, where the App couldn't be registered, it took well over a month to revert back to the earlier functional version. The reason you ask? In my experience there's typically not a specific reason, but more a cavalier incomprehension of the ramifications of pushing out a half-baked App release to the world.

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Scott Henley, also:

Yea, unfortunately it doesn’t allow me to scroll up or down. 

Thanks for your input. 

5 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I’m assuming it’s not their strong suit . But what’s more puzzling to me is why release a buggy app at the time of Chinese New Years, knowing that they will not be there to offer any tech support ? 

Actually they said it will be released after the chinese holiday. To give them the doubt, perhaps the apple registration process just worked faster as usually :-(

That maybe also a reason why registering is not possible:

They just didnot set up the response server for this version, as it was exspected to release later...But in the end its:

Poor management!

Why in the world is registration necessary to use the app? That is just annoying. I'm very glad I didn't update the app when I saw it, was hoping for some other adventurous souls to jump on it first. Kingsong's app was amateur hour stuff but now it's just garbage. I hope my current version doesn't revert back to Chinese like it does every now and again. My solution to that was to uninstall and reinstall but that won't work anymore with this crap version out in the App Store. 

On 2/10/2018 at 12:57 AM, Scott Henley said:

Me too. Really? KingSong can’t hire one illiterate high school dropout to create some redneck English that we can at least understand??

12 minutes ago, Tuben74 said:

Any response from KingSong yet? I can’t register at all tried difffrent accounts aswell as phone, Android and iOS. Also have the big not closeable versionscreen splashing up after 2 sec.

afaik: It only works with E-Mail registration and not with hotmail accounts...telephone number does not work out of china.

After E-Mail registration also check your spam folders for the verfication e-mail.

As its national holiday in China there is no support at the moment

On 2/10/2018 at 8:03 AM, Jason McNeil said:

It's in keeping with the long running tradition of releasing better hardware but worse Apps with each successive generation <_<

Technically the CNY doesn't start until the 12th, a lot of factories, including KS shut everything down a week early, this year on the 6th. Yes very poor planning to put this out right before the general shutdown, Flora told me they were going to live 'after the holiday'. I was given a link to the App a week earlier but I've been up to my neck with other projects, since it was going out later, it wasn't a pressing priority. When exactly the same thing happened in October, where the App couldn't be registered, it took well over a month to revert back to the earlier functional version. The reason you ask? In my experience there's typically not a specific reason, but more a cavalier incomprehension of the ramifications of pushing out a half-baked App release to the world.

Note that at the bottom it says for support please contact seller. That would be you. 

???. A moment of levity to keep me from losing what’s left of my sanity. 

2 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

Here’s another tidbit of knowledge for you all:  Make sure you do NOT update the firmware while on the wheel. It stops balancing while updating. 

Luckily I was only standing on it and not riding at the time..

Yip, perhaps it is a good idea not to change/take away the software which drives and steeres your motherboard/wheel/motor, while you are using it.

Also you shouldn't plug out the batterys while driving or change the fuses while standing on it ;-) Just kidding.....

Issue:  I have a new 18s with base level firmware that needs updating to latest version.  

Question:  do you need a registered account on new app to update firmware?

The new app will connect to wheel and recognizes need to update firmware.

My attempts to register with phone number and email did not work on both iOS or Android based phones.

27 minutes ago, Holt said:

Question:  do you need a registered account on new app to update firmware?

King Song completely screwed up by releasing an App which cannot be registered before leaving, without any contact, for their extended 3 week holiday. 
If you're on Android, there's the v4 version of the App which doesn't require this registration mess.  

It's best to use this earlier version of the App to unlock the Wheel's speed. http://images.ewheels.com/KSv4.apk

Unlocking the Speed Potential:
Out of the box, the Wheel is electronically controlled to a maximum speed of 12MPH. 
The easiest way to obtain the unlock code is to use the below online generator tool (link below). It requires the Wheel's serial number, found in the 'Speed Limit Decoding' section of the App. When entering the value into the ISN field on the online Unlocker tool, please use the colon symbol [:] between each two characters, otherwise it will generate an 'unrecognized' error—when entering the code through the App, no special formatting is needed.

The App interface is not the best, if any of the values are outside the permitted range, it defaults to 18/19/20/20kph settings. For your Wheel, the 18S, you can set it to 0/0/39/40.

Speed Unlock Tool

Speed unlock worked perfectly on android phone w old app.  

firmware will not update with the old app on either OS platform - iOS or android.

the new iOS app recognizes my wheel and prompts to update firmware but I don’t have a registered account.  Is it possible to update firmware w/o registered account?

maybe a kind person who can register a new account would create an account in the new app for a guy in need of one and send me log in info?  

Or is all registration closed due to holiday?

Archived