Mileage contest Feb -- Win A Free Solowheel

Bob Yan

Thanks @Rehab1 for the advice, I am going to try to attempt the repair with the angle bar. I have now discovered it is cracked on both sides of the case and am not particularly hopeful about success. It will be at least 2 weeks before my replacement shell arrives, so any miles I tally beyond what I have now (164 miles) will likely be ridden on my Tesla, subject to the approval of the contest administrator. Posting mileage of both wheels as of Sunday 2/18 below.

Gotway Tesla (914 miles)

Screenshot_20180218-153727.thumb.png.c1828c722945f6b464f8a695484c74b1.png

Gotway MSuper V3 (4,015 miles)

Screenshot_20180218-153643.thumb.png.801cb03dba13cdc362832344542ec075.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, who_the said:

Thanks @Rehab1 for the advice, I am going to try to attempt the repair with the angle bar. I have now discovered it is cracked on both sides of the case and am not particularly hopeful about success. I

Your most welcome. Be sure to take photos.  When my staff and I begin tearing into my ACM 1600 this week to replace the shells I’m going to try a similar repair on the old shells just to see how tenacious the bond actually is. I’ll probably try the JB weld first.  I’m more interested in applying leverage under the bar once the weld has hardened to see which breaks first, the plastic shell or the bond.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:46 PM, yourtoys7 said:

Im sure we'll get into 10000 miles range by the time this is over, but I have personally have done roughly 1000 miles/ 1650 km,

Awesome! I am not too far behind. :cheers:

Okay, here is mine in Km is drum roll please...image.thumb.jpeg.c65d7bbdd5a15aba2e87ccaee1d37441.jpeg

461kms on the Kingsong. There were only around 152 miles on the V8, and that didnt even beat who the's 165 miles before his ACM cracked. So not really necessary for this, this time. There is still time before midnight though. Its soooo cold. :efeeab781c: I will wait for @who_the to beat me.

image.jpeg

The frame on my Msuper V3 1300 cracked, my fast charger bit the dust, and tonight, in the rain, at the Golden Gate Bridge, my Tesla inexplicably lost all 30 percent of its last remaining battery in the span of about 10 seconds.

So, here I sit, in my Uber of shame, in the dead of San Francisco winter (50 and pouring}, posting my final mileage tally for this contest. Ironically, to try and win this, it's cost me two wheels, a charger, and nearly all of my dignity. All of which I will get back, soon enough. 

Final result: 

MSuper 164 miles

Tesla 238 miles

402 miles in 20 days

Best I could muster up. Thanks to Solowheel and my fellow competitors. 

(Drops mic) 

Screenshot_20180228-232851.thumb.png.cfaeaea8be4ff420afe75a772069f28e.png

16 hours ago, who_the said:

The frame on my Msuper V3 1300 cracked, my fast charger bit the dust, and tonight, in the rain, at the Golden Gate Bridge, my Tesla inexplicably lost all 30 percent of its last remaining battery in the span of about 10 seconds.

So, here I sit, in my Uber of shame, in the dead of San Francisco winter (50 and pouring}

:roflmao:Uber of Shame, very funny, everything else... :crying:

Uber is always shameful. Its the name more than the service. :D Congratulations! I really couldnt decide which wheel of mine I wanted to ride. I love the V8, but the KS18 has more range even with an extra V8 battery.

weather never really factored in for me, since the only day it was too windy to ride with any comfort I had to be shackled to my computer and phone for the day. That Rain stuff isnt too bad to ride in either if its not too cold or windy. 

Thanks to Solowheel for the contest! :clap3:  Thankfully it is over and now I can ride my V8 without worrying about range or carrying the second battery. Although I am going on a ride that will require both these wheels later this weekend.

Waiting for the brushes to go on sale so I can grab a pair for my v5f.

Sorry I've been traveling these days, and I am back to China now. 

Is there anyone can do me a favor to find out the winner please? Or the winner could contact me please? My personal email is: bob.yan@myinmotion.com

BTW, we are considering to hold this kind of contest by InMotion in the future since there will be more products that we can give away from www.myinmotion.com.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:55 PM, Pard said:
On 3/5/2018 at 2:50 PM, who_the said:

By my calculations (math check please):

@Stan Onymous 438 miles
@who_the 402 miles

I thought 450 would win it. I was right, but fell short.

Thanks! 

If no one is more than 438 miles, then our winner for January should be @Stan Onymous !  Could you please forward me your name and address info? 

I just ran into old friend Paolo Diaz, one of the Founding fathers of Skateboard tricks, and plan on getting him onto this awesome Glide 2 to see what he can do with it. He was very impressed with my Glide 2/ v8 and said he would like a smaller version for tricks.  :rolleyes:

Thanks to all who entered and I would like a re-match for a week long contest for some of those Super cool brushes sometime in the future! We need some sort of low mileage high skill contest though. Maybe a contest to get the EUC onto the news. Whoever can get the unicycle on the news or some TV coverage riding by one of those on the street camera shots, should get some prize. 

I will be down to San Diego this weekend to speak to the Solowheel guys about future synergies we can cobble together.

I really like your way of thinking.

Hopefully I get my first wheel by post tomorrow (an Inmotion V8). But when started to look at this the major obstacle is the demand to be road legal.

By bringing up awenes then we maybe can get a more sensable legastration for EUCs. Being in the news and on TV could help.

Note : Sorry for my spelling, but English isn't my native language.

Good post Stan. ?

7 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

Hard to participate in Feb, it is freezing here.  LOL  Maybe in the summer?

Less risk for EUC overheating or? ? However I know what you mean. I need to learn to drive/ride an EUC first and the delivery of the first wheel.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, 

We have finished the contest in Feb and thanks for all of your participations!  We’d like to bring more fun and communication for our riders in this community, no matter which brand you are riding now.   We’d like to start the March contest now, and welcome to join in this one if you missed the Feb one. The prize for this month will be:  A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10. 

BTW, congrats again to our winner of Feb @stan onymous, welcome to join our SD group riding this weekend and pick up your award in our office. 

Basic Rules:
1. Attendance: Anyone with any brand wheel above 18 years old living in United States
2. Apply procedure
  • Comment under this thread with  “I read the waiver thoroughly and I agree all the terms and want to participate this contest, and my start mileage is xxx miles” , and attach the screenshot of App showing the current mileage of your wheel. Screenshot must be dated the day of posting and contain the same mileage stated in your post.
  • At the end of March, post in this thread to mark your progress. First quote your original entry post, then show us your ending mileage with a screenshot dated no later than 03/31/2018 , then calculate the mileage you rode within this whole month. 
3. WinnerThe champion is the one who has the most mileage!
4. Award: A free Glide 2 Lite or 50% off for the upcoming model of InMotion V10.
5. DateThe award will be sent out before 04/10/2018
6. Waiver: I am of full legal age. I have carefully read this release and fully understand its contents. I execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance. I understand there may be dangers in participation in this contest. I expressly assume all risks, including personal injury, property damage and all other loss relating to my participation in this contest, and I expressly waive and release the Solowheel Inc from all claims resulting from any such risks. I verify that I have no impairment that might inhibit or make unsafe my participation in this contest. I will abide by all applicable safety rules, guidance and regulations governing my participation in this contest.
7.Note: There is a same contest on InMotion official website(https://goo.gl/tVMHn2), please keep in mind that you can only join one of these two, the awards will not be overlapping for a same participant. 

On 2/18/2018 at 10:05 PM, who_the said:

Well, I finally "cracked" 4,000 miles on my wheel. And, shortly thereafter, my wheel "cracked" — the plastic above the pedal hanger gave way, rendering it unrideable. :(

I have repaired the crack with epoxy and we'll see how well it holds up. About to take it for its first ride since it broke yesterday. A little birdie tells me @Stan Onymous has been racking up some pretty serious mileage. I suppose I could ride my Tesla and count those miles, seems to be within the rules. Let's see how this fix holds up and if I can catch up with my good friend from the south.

20180217_140901.jpg

The shell on my King Songs doesn't really do much in that area except hold the rest of the structure to the pedal arms which in turn connects everything to the wheel itself.  I suspect it's similar on a GotWay. Unless you do a lot of riding, standing or sitting on the shell, it should nobe under much stress.  By the looks of that crack and the way it is bigger at the top I would check that axle end for bending and/or cracking; although from the look of the axle itself (just visible on right-hand side) that looks like the more solid side (no hole for wires), so that's a bit confusing.

BTW did you ever figure out why your Tesla lost 30% in 10 minutes?

On 2/18/2018 at 5:05 PM, who_the said:

Well, I finally "cracked" 4,000 miles on my wheel. And, shortly thereafter, my wheel "cracked" — the plastic above the pedal hanger gave way, rendering it unrideable. :(

I have repaired the crack with epoxy and we'll see how well it holds up. About to take it for its first ride since it broke yesterday. A little birdie tells me @Stan Onymous has been racking up some pretty serious mileage. I suppose I could ride my Tesla and count those miles, seems to be within the rules. Let's see how this fix holds up and if I can catch up with my good friend from the south.

20180217_140901.jpg

What is that?  Msuper?

10 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

What is that?  Msuper?

Yes, MSV3S+ 1300. Turned out my axle was cracked too, sheared right off. Kind of like the Blues Brothers car at the end of the movie.

10 hours ago, Smoother said:

BTW did you ever figure out why your Tesla lost 30% in 10 minutes?

Pretty sure it was just some water (rain) in the switch assembly. Wheel has been perfect since without issue. I recommend riders completely tape over the front switch/light assembly if they ride their Tesla in the rain.

Archived