Gotway Tesla Leans back? Good calf stretch!

Hi all,

Last time I posted I was still early on trying to learn how to ride.  Now I'm commuting everyday.  Even traveled 17 miles yesterday to a meeting, people were impressed with the EUC!

I have a question regarding whether I have a problem with my Tesla, or whether it is expected.

Not always, but often when I get up to speed (approx. 15 mph) the Tesla starts to "lean back."  That is, the top handle might be pointed towards one o'clock vs. being upright at twelve o'clock.  Does that make sense?

I'm wondering if it is related to me being a bit heavier (200 lbs). Or perhaps I need to place my feet even further forward (my feet are already hanging over the front with ankle aligned to axle)  Or is this to be expected?  

When I slow down or brake, the EUC "leans forward" back into an aligned straight up and down position.

The wheel still moves, my calves get a good stretch, but it's not that comfortable to ride this way for long periods.  Wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Fortaye said:

I have a question regarding whether I have a problem with my Tesla, or whether it is expected.

Not always, but often when I get up to speed (approx. 15 mph) the Tesla starts to "lean back."  That is, the top handle might be pointed towards one o'clock vs. being upright at twelve o'clock.  Does that make sense?

Sounds like the "tilt back" - a customizable speed warning. Which for gotways can imho be turned off with the app.

Yes.  That is the tiltback to limit your speed.

I rode the first 50km with it enabled.  Then @Marty Backe told me to turn it off and the difference is astounding!  So smooth.  You will love it.  Please don't disregard the warning speed beeps and be aware of your battery levels as you don't want the wheel to cut out at speed or really ever.

Archived