My ACM2 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

54 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

When you sell the wheel I expect to see some ambiguous phrases like "Riding a wheel like this will make you quiver. My wife can't recommend it highly enough! It's perfect for a down-to-earth person. The ideal rider is someone with a lot of guts who's not afraid to show them. With this wheel you'll experience brisk acceleration and very snappy deceleration."

I have a huge smile on my face!:D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/02/2018 at 6:46 PM, Marty Backe said:
On 09/02/2018 at 6:38 PM, electricpen said:

Ok Marty, I caved and am putting a deposit down with Jason for the next incoming shipment. I'm also getting rid of my KS16s so I will only own gotways. I hope you're happy now!

Very funny, and cool. I really think you'll be amazed with the ACM and will wonder what you were thinking by getting the KS16S. Yet maybe it served the purpose of getting your rim damaging riding style out of your system :D
Can't wait to see how you choose to describe the KS16S when you put it up for sale.
P.s. make sure Jason is giving you a trolley handle

The ACMv2 page updates have been made, we're now accepting preorders, with an expected ETA of 2-3 weeks from now. I wish I had an ACMv2 to get some pictures/videos content;  will have to wait until the protracted CNY is over ;)

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-gotway-acm-acms-16-800wh1300wh/

uc?export=view&id=1csUSRFVLblFdgqG9lnF-t

> "Some enthusiasts questioned the rationale of going from a 1600Wh Wheel to a 1020Wh in roughly the same 16″ package; was it really a compelling enough upgrade for existing ACMs+ owners, having to sacrifice up to 60% of their range?"

Just to get the math right, an existing owner of a 1600Wh battery would be giving up roughly 36.25% of their current range if they moved to the Tesla (assuming for simplicity that it is a linear relationship for the portion of the discharge used).  It would be roughly a 60% increase for a Tesla owner to move upto a 1600Wh battery.

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

The ACMv2 page updates have been made, we're now accepting preorders, with an expected ETA of 2-3 weeks from now. I wish I had an ACMv2 to get some pictures/videos content;  will have to wait until the protracted CNY is over ;)

BTW, I can confirm that the board in my ACM2 does have the HY3712 MOSFETs

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

Hey @Jason McNeil you need to update the rest of the verbiage for the "What’s New in the V2?" section ... the bulleted talking points refer to the MTen3.

9 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Just to get the math right, an existing owner of a 1600Wh battery would be giving up roughly 36.25% of their current range if they moved to the Tesla (assuming for simplicity that it is a linear relationship for the portion of the discharge used).  It would be roughly a 60% increase for a Tesla owner to move upto a 1600Wh battery.

Thanks for pointing this out, this is what happens when I work too late :), fixed.

7 hours ago, Charles McLean said:

@Jason McNeil you need to update the rest of the verbiage for the "What’s New in the V2?" section ... the bulleted talking points refer to the MTen3.

Might have be a content caching problem.

• 1 month later...

Just pickup the ACM2 from Ewheels, charging now, can someone teach me how to change the ride setting (hard, medium and soft). Can that be change in wheellog app? The old Gotway app only found the alarm and tilt back setup.

Thanks

Peter

4 hours ago, Peter Q said:

Just pickup the ACM2 from Ewheels, charging now, can someone teach me how to change the ride setting (hard, medium and soft). Can that be change in wheellog app? The old Gotway app only found the alarm and tilt back setup.

Thanks

Peter

Hey Peter. Congrat's on the new wheel. Man, you're going to love this wheel. :cheers:

Install this version of the WheelLog app. Just click OK when it asks for a password.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/pc8swvnsgkkm5ai/Forked WheelLog_17092017.apk?dl=0

Swipe from the left to bring up the configuration screen and then you will see the Wheel configuration menu. There you can turn off the first two alarms, set the tilt-back speed (or turn it off), and set the ride mode (try them all, but I'm mostly riding in the hard mode).

Let us know how you like the wheel when you've put a few miles in.

Thank you Marty, just finished charging the wheel, (still waiting for the fast charger), I open the wheellog app, but it said 100% battery, but showing 67v, is that normal? The wheel should be 84v, right? The charging port has 4pins and the charger is 84v.

Peter Q

Screenshot_2018-03-14-05-10-52.png

30 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

Thank you Marty, just finished charging the wheel, (still waiting for the fast charger), I open the wheellog app, but it said 100% battery, but showing 67v, is that normal? The wheel should be 84v, right? The charging port has 4pins and the charger is 84v.

Peter Q

That is a software bug/software design limitation that needs to be worked around. 

I had the same confusion when I first received my Gotway Msuper. 

The percentage charge is correct, but the voltage is off.

I recommend using a charge doctor for charging so that you can see actual voltages and to also allow for storage charging.

35 minutes ago, Peter Q said:

All Gotway wheels Report a voltage to 67Volt only....

What i dont get is why no app developer has made a Workaround about this "fault"....It just Needs a box where you mark your wheel as "84Volt wheel" and then the voltage Needs to be multiplied with 1,25.....

17 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

All Gotway wheels Report a voltage to 67Volt only....

What i dont get is why no app developer has made a Workaround about this "fault"....It just Needs a box where you mark your wheel as "84Volt wheel" and then the voltage Needs to be multiplied with 1,25.....

Great point.

Thanks Marty ‘s review, made me bought a 1600wh ACM2 from Ewheels Jason, just finished a 26 miles my first Gotway ride, this ACM2 is AWESOME!!!! So smooth, so much Power!!! Very easy go up to speed 35-40km/h (that's my personal speed limit) easier than my KS16S and KS18AY. After 26 miles ride battery show 50%, I'm 210 lbs riding weight, should be enough for 50 miles trip. Now waiting for the Fast charger, should ship to home next week, that will be all set  and Perfect!!!!!!

Peter Q

wx_camera_1521304305612.jpg

wx_camera_1521311574784.jpg

On 3/17/2018 at 1:27 PM, Peter Q said:

Thanks Marty ‘s review, made me bought a 1600wh ACM2 from Ewheels Jason, just finished a 26 miles my first Gotway ride, this ACM2 is AWESOME!!!! So smooth, so much Power!!! Very easy go up to speed 35-40km/h (that's my personal speed limit) easier than my KS16S and KS18AY. After 26 miles ride battery show 50%, I'm 210 lbs riding weight, should be enough for 50 miles trip. Now waiting for the Fast charger, should ship to home next week, that will be all set  and Perfect!!!!!!

Peter Q

wx_camera_1521304305612.jpg

wx_camera_1521311574784.jpg

Hey @Peter Q. That's a great report from the field. I'm really glad that you're enjoying the ACM2. I love mine and still think that the ACM2 is the best 16-inch wheel on the market. And I don't know if you agree with me, but I think it has the best sounding motor of any wheel that I've ridden.

Hopefully we'll get a chance to ride together in the upcoming year :thumbup:

I just received my ACM2 this morning. Shoutout to @Jason McNeil for being willing to go above and beyond to get the wheel to me as quickly as possible after a little mishap. It is still charging but I did take it out and ride it like 5 min when it hit 40% and the wider stance will take a little getting used to but the big pedals seem like they will be fairly comfy compared to the relatively smaller KS-16s pedals. I look forward to putting in a longer ride when it hopefully isn't raining. Will update when I get a chance to put some miles on it.

You are going to love it.  I've had mine for a little over a month now (my first wheel) and have over 400 miles on it.  It is a smooth, fast wheel.  Feels like a sports car.

I really want to get a second wheel, but I am afraid anything else will feel like a lesser wheel in comparison.

2 hours ago, Colorado CJ said:

You are going to love it.  I've had mine for a little over a month now (my first wheel) and have over 400 miles on it.  It is a smooth, fast wheel.  Feels like a sports car.

I really want to get a second wheel, but I am afraid anything else will feel like a lesser wheel in comparison.

3 hours ago, electricpen said:

I just received my ACM2 this morning. Shoutout to @Jason McNeil for being willing to go above and beyond to get the wheel to me as quickly as possible after a little mishap. It is still charging but I did take it out and ride it like 5 min when it hit 40% and the wider stance will take a little getting used to but the big pedals seem like they will be fairly comfy compared to the relatively smaller KS-16s pedals. I look forward to putting in a longer ride when it hopefully isn't raining. Will update when I get a chance to put some miles on it.

Yes, IMHO the ACM2 is the best 16-inch wheel available. This is reaffirmed every time I ride it.

3 hours ago, Adel said:

@Marty Backe when are you going to get the 2000W Msuper V3s+ and tell us about it :)

Due to how I ride the MSuper and the condition (great) of my 1600wh version, I have no plans on upgrading it. But my old ACM had been through a lot, so it was time to upgrade.

@Marty Backe. Still loving your ACM2? ?

Im just about to get on Ewheels and buy one myself . Hoping to have it by the beginning of next week. Can’t wait to see what all this fuss you’re making is about. :D

You were totally right about the mten so guess I can trust your opinion. ;)

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Im just about to get on Ewheels and buy one myself . Hoping to have it by the beginning of next week. Can’t wait to see what all this fuss you’re making is about. :D

Hold the phone... Didn't you just sell your old ACM (by executive order) because you had pre-ordered  a "VF-18ZL1" ???

3 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Of course, the ACM2 still reins supreme with me. This wheel will spoil you, rest assured :D

2 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

Yes ...:unsure:

but I promised her the mten is going too .:ph34r:

I suppose you have a large cupboard and a "baby head" mask too?

Did @Rehab1 ship you the mask with the control board?

Archived