My ACM2 Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

My long awaited ACM2 arrived today, from EWheels (thanks again @Jason McNeil).

I just finished filming an introduction, Slime'd the wheel (~3 ounces), and put it on the charger overnight. Tomorrow morning I'll take it for a quick 20-mile ride to put it through it's paces.

Contrary to my normal behavior with new wheels I actually opened it to reveal what can be seen regarding the upgrades. I know some people were interested, so what the hell. This will all be in my video to be released tomorrow (Thursday) along with a comparison to the ACM and Tesla, and a ride video.

I couldn't help myself, so I rode it a bit in my driveway to get a sense of whether this is a Tesla version of the ACM. Looks like it was all I was hoping it would be. This is indeed a Tesla :clap3: I'm stoked :w00t2:

Talk to you guys more tomorrow...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

My long awaited ACM2 arrived today, from EWheels (thanks again @Jason McNeil).

I just finished filming an introduction, Slime'd the wheel (~3 ounces), and put it on the charger overnight. Tomorrow morning I'll take it for a quick 20-mile ride to put it through it's paces.

Contrary to my normal behavior with new wheels I actually opened it to reveal what can be seen regarding the upgrades. I know some people were interested, so what the hell. This will all be in my video to be released tomorrow (Thursday) along with a comparison to the ACM and Tesla, and a ride video.

I couldn't help myself, so I rode it a bit in my driveway to get a sense of whether this is a Tesla version of the ACM. Looks like it was all I was hoping it would be. This is indeed a Tesla :clap3: I'm stoked :w00t2:

Talk to you guys more tomorrow...

Such a tease...

Really interested in this one! If it doesn't get too expensive, I'm going to upgrade mine! Better cabling + thicker axis + stronger motor = :dribble:

Marty, would be nice if you compared the ride modes. I really like the medium one on the original ACM, and hope one of the Tesla modes is similar.

Am interested to know whether anything else has been upgraded, i.e. the LED lights or casing materials. Weirdly enough, my local dealer has the 1300Wh and 1600Wh ACM2 versions at exactly the same price.

Also, please fix the thread title. ACM2 is the new one (1900W Tesla motor, Tesla board, fans, whatever else), ACM V2 (or rather ACM16 V2, but let's not put more thought or consistency into the issue than Gotway themselves have:efee612b4b:) are the old ones (V2 only indicates 12 mosfets, which all but the very early 67.2V ones have anyways).

51 minutes ago, Kael said:

Weirdly enough, my local dealer has the 1300Wh and 1600Wh ACM2 versions at exactly the same price.

Which is why I believe it will be some time until they're available - when Speedyfeet puts on correct  prices:efee8319ab: Has anyone tried ordering a 1600 one for the 1300 price (which they both have)?:efef015fe0:

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Also, please fix the thread title. ACM2 is the new one (1900W Tesla motor, Tesla board, fans, whatever else), ACM V2 (or rather ACM16 V2, but let's not put more thought or consistency into the issue than Gotway themselves have:efee612b4b:) are the old ones (V2 only indicates 12 mosfets, which all but the very early 67.2V ones have anyways).

Which is why I believe it will be some time until they're available - when Speedyfeet puts on correct  prices:efee8319ab: Has anyone tried ordering a 1600 one for the 1300 price (which they both have)?:efef015fe0:

I'll change it to just ACM2, but I've seen it referenced different ways and I haven't seen anything from Gotway.

28 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll change it to just ACM2, but I've seen it referenced different ways and I haven't seen anything from Gotway.

The call ACMv2 was originally found/used  for the the 12Mosfet ACM....So i would also advise to always use the term ACM 2 and no other

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

The call ACMv2 was originally found/used  for the the 12Mosfet ACM....So i would also advise to always use the term ACM 2 and no other

Why is this wheel not referred to simply as ACM v3 ?

55 minutes ago, Adel said:

Why is this wheel not referred to simply as ACM v3 ?

You should ask Gotway...not us!

Funny is also:

While in europe and US the ACM“2“ keeps poping up...the main aliexpress seller doesnt know about its existence!

The Msuper V3s+ with Tesla motor is known in China....but when i asked for the ACM „tesla“ i just got question marks...(at least 2 weeks ago)

So perhaps the ACM 2 also -maybe- just for for some markets...not all!

38 minutes ago, Charles McLean said:

Hey @KingSong69, do you have a link the MSuper V3S+ with Tesla Motor?  That's my ideal wheel!

HERE:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Latest-upgrade-Gotway-Msuper3S-1600WH-84V-Life-150KM-the-maximum-speed-of-55KM-H-the-fastest/1908673_32832913078.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.4e136243aOK0xl

Seller is recommended and trustable...BUT: 

wait a few days..the price normally is 200-300bucks lower!

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:roflmao:

According to Gotway (www.kebye.com), there are no new wheels after late 2016 (67V ACM and ms3).

But you still have a point. Not that it matters. Because Gotway.

Oh, and there's a picture of a Tesla, if you click it, it goes to the old ACM page.

16 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Thanks a lot!!!

2 minutes ago, Colorado CJ said:

That blue looks great!

I just got back practicing with mine.  Got up to 300 yard rides at a time.  I can't wait until I can ride as effortless as you make it look.

Give it time. Fortunately it's incredibly fun learning.

No Gotway Dance

In the upcoming video review I forget to mention that the new firmware also incorporates the higher shutoff angle of the Tesla, so when the ACM2 tips over it shuts off much quicker than the old ACM :thumbup:

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@KingSong69 The price dropped to $1,785.00 for the MSuper V3s+ 1600Wh with the Tesla motor, and I couldn't help myself and bought it!  I confirmed with the seller (Chen) via e-mail that it had the 1900W Tesla Motor, so hopefully truth in advertising wins the day.  Thanks again for the link ... I appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Charles McLean said:

@KingSong69 The price dropped to $1,785.00 for the MSuper V3s+ 1600Wh with the Tesla motor, and I couldn't myself and bought it!  I confirmed with the seller (Chen) via e-mail that it had the 1900W Tesla Motor, so hopefully truth in advertising wins the day.  Thanks again for the link ... I appreciate it!

Congratulations. I bought my Mten3 from Chen. You'll be good.

Let us know your thoughts when you get it. Based on what I'm seeing with the ACM2, your MSuper should be killer.

Given that my trusty KS16s has a beat up rim and case literally held together by duct tape, I am quite tempted to pick one of these up once Jason gets more in stock... If I replace my KS I will only own gotway wheels though and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

3 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Given that my trusty KS16s has a beat up rim and case literally held together by duct tape, I am quite tempted to pick one of these up once Jason gets more in stock... If I replace my KS I will only own gotway wheels though and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

:lol:

Well, I have seven nice wheels and only one is a KingSong. I'm surviving :D

Archived