How to remove S1/S2 covers?

RooEUC

Does anyone know the proper technique to remove the panels? Speedyfeet did a video but edited out the part where he figures it out. I have tried pulling with fingers: no go. Leveraging it off with tools: no go. I’m pulling with so much force that the cover bends way out, risking breakage. Are there hidden tabs inside? Surely there’s a simple and gentle method and they didn’t just make a terrible design choice.

The manual says a firm tug with fingers will do it. I have tried the hook of a hammer and so much force that I’m yelling “grrrrrr” but this thing is not coming off.  

2 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I got it off. It turns out it’s just a bad design. I would not want to have to remove these again. It’s a nightmare.

Once you get it off a couple of times, they're easier to remove the next time. :) 

I think they made a mistake with the tabs nearer to the bottom.  When force is applied to pull the cover off, those two lower tabs are pulled inwards, causing the hooks to actually grip harder.  So the more you pull, the tighter those two hooks dig in.  This is why it's so hard to remove the cover.  Those hooks should be mirrored 180 degrees and hook under the adjacent part of the hole so that when you pull the cover they let go and the cover comes off easily. 

Archived