Rehab1´s accident(s)

Rehab1

34 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Holy shrapnel Batman! That's a whole lot of screws.  No more silent metal detectors for you at the airport anymore.

Freeeeeeeze!!!! Show your hands!!!!! Down on the ground!!!!! The feds are coming, and homeland security, and the national guard!!!!

Things will be interesting for poor @Rehab1... :roflmao:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

- Hands up!

- No can do, officers... My shoulder is killing me!

- What! Arrest resistance?!

...:shock2:

Hands up

I can't

Hands up

I CAN'T!

SHOOT HIM!

BLAM, BLAM, BLAM BLAM

BLAM

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Smoother said:

Holy shrapnel Batman! That's a whole lot of screws.  No more silent metal detectors for you at the airport anymore.

I am so bummed. There should be more bone callous at the top of the humeral head. It is still so fragmented. I might be doing it more harm by working. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

I am so bummed. There should be more bone callous at the top of the humeral head. It is still so fragmented. I might be doing it more harm by working. 

What did I say in your acm glue testing thread? Slow down, protect your arm, protect you livelihood.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ya, go chill. start with a grain of rice size cannabis oil and work up to about a half gram a day. ur doctor will think ur healing is a miracle. google endocannabinoid system. wasn’t discovered until the late 90’s. much more productive in ur injured state than hanging out here. heal urself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dbfrese said:

There's more screws in your humerus than in a 5th grade shop bird feeder!

Talk about getting screwed over...

About wobbles...

It seems I was in a hurry today, I averaged 18.5 mph with a peak of 23 mph. That in itself is not that strange, but I did it with a Mad Mike tire with studs on gravelly roads.
It is a bit scary when the wind and traffic is such that you don't hear the alarms. Today I felt them rather than hearing them, which is the only reason I peaked at 23 mph, rather than 26-27.

Some days, it is like you're a rock, and no speed feels dangerous. And I expect that if I ever give in to THAT illusion, fate will remind me painfully that it isn't so...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Talk about getting screwed over...

About wobbles...

It seems I was in a hurry today, I averaged 18.5 mph with a peak of 23 mph. That in itself is not that strange, but I did it with a Mad Mike tire with studs on gravelly roads.
It is a bit scary when the wind and traffic is such that you don't hear the alarms. Today I felt them rather than hearing them, which is the only reason I peaked at 23 mph, rather than 26-27.

Some days, it is like you're a rock, and no speed feels dangerous. And I expect that if I ever give in to THAT illusion, fate will remind me painfully that it isn't so...

how is the mad mike tire? any big pros and cons?

one is on the way to me now 

3 hours ago, Shad0z said:

how is the mad mike tire? any big pros and cons?

one is on the way to me now 

Superb on soft ground, mud, sand, snow, loose gravel etcetera. Not so good on hard surfaces like concrete or asphalt. The "track" that touches the ground on a hard surface is less than on a city "slick" tire, the "track" is also narrower and the geometry of the tire is more evenly round than most city tires. I suspect the narrowness compensates for the deep threading, as the tire is about as easy on the batteries as both my earlier ChaoYang and CST tires. In terms of stability, the ChaoYang has been the best I've tried so far. But I have a set of Kenda city tires lines up for testing as soon as the spring is here to stay.

The Mad Mikes accepts a bit less tire pressure than your typical city tire, so you can partly compensate for the differences, but it will probably never feel as stable or safe on a hard road as a slicker tire. I suspect the difference is less with a wider tire, but as I've only tried the 2.125" variant, I can't know for sure. Lower pressure will also kill your batteries faster.

I put it on for the thickness to be able to put studs in it. At first I had studs on the sides and in the center, but eventually I took away the central studs - the side studs were enough to give traction, and the stability was far better without them. I have it at 2.6 bar myself, the official lower limit is 2.5 bar, but I've tried them down to 2.3 without issue. The city tires I use, I usually push to 2.9-3.0 bar or so.

Overall it's the tire I'd choose for off-road driving, especially since it can handle hard surfaces too - if not as good as a smoother tire.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

Overall it's the tire I'd choose for off-road driving, especially since it can handle hard surfaces too - if not as good as a smoother tire.

well thats good. as long as it doesnt give "problems" while riding on a hard surface then im happy

EDIT: well. i got my order cancelled because i choose that i wouldnt like it anyways

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

:roflmao:Putting on pants has become much easier so no need for an instructional video (unless you insist). ;) 

I just want to keep making progress. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I can finally put a coat on by myself after 7 weeks post op but what can I say...it hurts. Baby steps.

I'm definitely going to keep wearing protection :)

Glad your recovery is proceeding though

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm definitely going to keep wearing protection :)

Glad your recovery is proceeding though

Thanks. There may be times when I”m riding very slow for painting or dancing with Mten3 some of the protective gear could be off but other than that I will definitely gear up.  

Formal therapy begins today. My surgeon told me to take along my X-rays.  He said my  therapist will probably make some comment like “you should have been in here much earlier:” He told me to tell them “Go fu.k yourself!” and then elaborated  “They weren’t inside your arm and saw what I did”!  I love this guy!. 

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks. There may be times when I”m riding very slow for painting or dancing with Mten3 some of the protective gear could be off but other than that I will definitely gear up.  

Formal therapy begins today. My surgeon told me to take along my X-rays.  He said my  therapist will probably make some comment like “you should have been in here much earlier:” He told me to tell them “go fu.k yourself.” and then elaborated “ they weren’t inside your arm and saw what I did!” I love this guy!. 

None of my business, but I think you should refrain from all EUC riding until you can put a lab coat on without causing vicarious pain for the viewer :efee96588e:

• Like 1

Thanks! I’m being extremely careful! I thought I was smiling during the video. That obvious eh? :) Unfortunately I will probably have facial grimaces donning a jacket for the next year or so. 

When I currently ride Mten it is at whooping 3-5 MPH. I am waving and moving my arms in all directions for a range of motion therapeutic effect. I just don’t want to start back at square one learning to ride. You would be surprised how much somatosensory feedback is lost over a short period of time.

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! I’m being extremely careful! I thought I was smiling during the video. That obvious eh? :) Unfortunately I will probably have facial grimaces donning a jacket for the next year or so. 

When I currently ride Mten it is at whooping 3-5 MPH. I am waving and moving my arms in all directions for a range of motion therapeutic effect. I just don’t want to start back at square one learning to ride. You would be surprised how much somatosensory feedback is lost over a short period of time.

Oh yeah, when I started EUC riding I felt old neuropathways and mental processes being re-awakened after a long slumber. Felt like a kid again. 

3-5 MPH should be fine, as long as you have some kind of plan for freak accidents/falls.

Man, a whole year of that pain/limitation, at best? Only a slow EUC cruise could heal those blues.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1