Another Example of Slime Saving the Day

Marty Backe

33 minutes ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Aren't you glad I turned you on to the wonders of a little Slime?:D

Yes I am. Thank you again :thumbup:

• Like 1

On ‎29‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Marty Backe said:

My second flat on the MSuper V3 (the only wheel that I've had flats on). Today I picked what I thought was a small pebble from the tread of my MSuper. It turned out to be some kind of seed or such with a nasty 1/4-inch needle on the end. I threw it away and topped off the air pressure in the wheel.

Didn't think much about it.

A few hours later I passed by the MSuper and decided to squeeze the tire - it was totally flat. Hmmm!

So I filled it with air again and this time I heard a loud hissing coming from the tire. Turns out that the thorn created a nice big hole, and when I removed it, the air was allowed to fully escape.

What did I do? Pumped it with air and immediately jumped on the wheel and rode it for a couple of blocks. Fast. That action distributed the liquid Slime throughout the tire and it did it's job.

No more hissing from the tire and it's holding pressure.

Gotta love Slime :thumbup:

P.s. I'm going to avoid riding thru sections of trail that have lots of leaves and debris. Too inviting for thorns to get stuck in the wheel.

well i feel happy for ordering a can of slime to get ready for when i finally get my tesla repaired

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Geoffroy said:

hello, what kind of slime did put in ?  As preventing or after the puncture ?

@Marty Backe has a video on the youtube "ElectricUnicycles" tutorial video, detailing the information you are requesting.  :cheers:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mark Lee said:

@Marty Backe has a video on the youtube "ElectricUnicycles" tutorial video, detailing the information you are requesting.  :cheers:

Thanks Mark. @Geoffroy, here are two of my videos that discuss Slime:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, 

I am back on the same topic : flat tire. Recently I punctured 4 times, twice my bike, twice my wheel. Needless to say that what took me a few minutes and what took me a couple of hours. Streets in Paris a plenty of broken glass, ... due to the national holiday, the football and the french behaviors.

I have tried a local retailer's slim which did not work. I have also been told by local pros that the standard slim to apply once the puncture happened is a temporary fix that will last 2 hours, after what the tube has to be changed, being damaged by the liquid.

So my question is, is Slim a better product?  Does it last longer without requiring tube replacement ?

Thank you for your insights

Edited by Geoffroy

20 minutes ago, Geoffroy said:

Hi guys, 

I am back on the same topic : flat tire. Recently I punched 4 times, twice my bike, twice my wheel. Needless to say that what took me a few minutes with the bike took me hours with the wheel. Streets in Paris a plenty of broken glass, ... due to the national holiday, the football and the french bad behaviors.

I have tried a local retailer slim which did not work. I have also been told that the standard slim to apply once puncture happened is a temporary fix that will last 2 hours, after what the tube has to be changed, being damaged by the chemical. So my question is, is Slim a different product, better, and does it last longer without need to change the tube ?

Thank you for your insights

Slime is not a temporary fix. I have one wheel that I know has multiple punctures that Slime fixed and it's been almost a year now. Other people have similar stories.

if you have slime in your tyre when you do eventually change the tube for whatever reason inspect the tube and i bet it's sealed a few holes .. you just don't notice ,that's what it was like in my mountain bikes anyway ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geoffroy said:

That's make one positive return. When did it with my local "slim" there was only one hole still leaking the slim ? I will buy it to test anyway.

it only seals when it's got air pressure in when the tubes flat it won't seal that good tbh

A flat tire is our worst enemy! Don't let it defeat you! Fight back!
Slime is our hero! Also, fairwarning, tire strips for anti-puncture properties SUCK from my experience. Don't get them, use Hero Slime instead.

Well it consoles me a bit, I am not the only suffering these painful disassembling. Also it hurts fingers but I am stress that screw heads won't sustained being screwed unscrewed so often. Screws do not seem to be first quality unless I don't get the proper screw driver. it's hell.

I notice your remark about tire stip ... that was near to buy as well ?

So here's a question...

On the bottle it says that Slime works repeatedly for 2 years. But what happens after 2 years?

• Do you "empty" the tube and refill?
  • Do you just add more Slime?
  • Or, do you need to replace your tube at that time?

2 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

So here's a question...

On the bottle it says that Slime works repeatedly for 2 years. But what happens after 2 years?

• Do you "empty" the tube and refill?
  • Do you just add more Slime?
  • Or, do you need to replace your tube at that time?

Slime dries out after 2 years. There are a few things you can do after those two years are up. What I would do is, remove the inner tube then the valve core, and rinse out the old slime, inspect the tube for and large holes that would need a patch, apply the patches, add more slime. Or, you could just add a little more slime as they only start to dry out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:
  • You sell the wheel at 1.99 years to some unsuspecting newbie and buy a new one :w00t2:

Man that 0.01% of a year is a lot of time. Its;

• 3.65 days, or
  • 87.6 hours, or
  • 5,256 minutes, or
  • 315,360 seconds!!

Don't waste it! Use it!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:
  • You sell the wheel at 1.99 years to some unsuspecting newbie and buy a new one :w00t2:

Hey hunka nice profile "gif" :D 

hunka hunka "burning" love. Well now you got the burning sorted out. now we just need some love :D 

• Like 2

I did an autopsy of my 3rd puncture,  this is the same hole ? Then this issue is the repair man, ... myself. 
The first attempt was with a self-adhesive patch that did not hold, the 2nd time this was real patch probably poorly placed, and now the hole has enlarged so much that the tube has to be changed. In local shop I bought a tube for 30€ ("sowheel "stronger rub" with short valve)". It seems quite expensive for a simple tube, isn't it ? On Aliexpress they are plenty between 5 to 15€ each. Does someone have experience on the better one to buy ... balance between quality and price ?

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG