New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

Adding speakers to an EUC is not difficult or costly to implement, doesn't detract from the design aesthetic, like gaudy rainbow LED's you cannot turn off, and adds resale value. No one is forcing you to use the speakers (unlike the rainbow LED example).

Not sure what the complaint is here.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

speakers seems odd

Agreed, its seems really strange that these are the specs they are releasing to us ?? A brake light and a speaker.. Inmotion is acting like Apple releasing a secret iPhone. Just give us the specs so we can buy it !

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Adding speakers to an EUC is not difficult or costly to implement, doesn't detract from the design aesthetic, like gaudy rainbow LED's you cannot turn off, and adds resale value. No one is forcing you to use the speakers (unlike the rainbow LED example).

Not sure what the complaint is here.

Why? LEDs can be turned off easily and are not a source of annoyance to bystanders  - quite the opposite even, making the EUC rider more visible in traffic without unnecessary noise.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

and I don't always want headphone sealing off the outside world.

Products like airpods and similar do not seal off the outside world at all.  Only over ear headphones or the ear buds that plug into the ear canal seal off the world.  I ride with airpods in and I can enjoy my own personal music selection, while hearing everything going on around me, without ruining the peaceful outdoor experience of everyone else.

If it makes sense from a business perspective and makes you more money then I see why that feature would be added.  I just would have thought that the vast majority of us EUC riders are too mature and considerate to use such a feature.

Edited by RooMiniPro
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

I just would have thought that the vast majority of us EUC riders are too mature and considerate to use such a feature.

50 slashes! :P

17 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

The LED example I'm quoting is the annoying rainbow light on my MTen3.

Turning it completely off would mean I lose my wheel responsive brake light, which is super inconvenient.

Keeping it on means the rainbow pattern light makes the wheel gaudy and people react to it like it's a kid's toy, which is far different from the crowd reaction when I'm on my KS18S. 

Ok, that's making some more sense if you cannot edit or deactivate them LED's. Not good...

18 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

...they're probably not putting quality hi-fi drivers here...

And that is just one of the bigger reasons not to have them there in the first place... Because why would anyone want to listen to music on some mediocre "beepers" is beyond any form of logic... (generally most of those crappy BT-speakers are just a pet peeve of mine....)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

That makes lot of sense to me, and I will keep listening and learning from you all, and I have confident to bring InMotion onto the right track. 

Maybe future models can have 30 kph as the standard high speed, but with the capability to go 35-45 kph in 5 second bursts before returning to 30 kph.

That would provide higher speed bursts for emergencies, while restricting the rider from going crazy with the high speeds.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

When I ride the volume was always turned down out of respect for others but the music can be helpful to alert others that your are approaching from behind. 

I think you have a very valid point on this @Rehab1 in many of the videos I seen on youtube people seems unaware of approaching EUC behind them.

Maybe add a roadrunner soundtheme too just as you pass people, since you don't seem to have speed limits in the US. Kinda like Germany autobann for EUCs ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Maybe future models can have 30 kph as the standard high speed, but with the capability to go 35-45 kph in 5 second bursts before returning to 30 kph.

That would provide higher speed bursts for emergencies, while restricting the rider from going crazy with the high speeds.

That would only work if you could speed restrict the crazy cars and terrorist drivers for just 5 sec as well. ;)

ie. I don’t want to die

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, you can play motor sounds through the speakers too, to a horn that can be activated by my Pebble watch. Lots of potential uses.

That was a classic video of you riding around with the vroom vroom sounds!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The LED example I'm quoting is the annoying rainbow light on my MTen3.

Turning it completely off would mean I lose my wheel responsive brake light, which is super inconvenient.

Keeping it on means the rainbow pattern light makes the wheel gaudy and people react to it like it's a kid's toy, which is far different from the crowd reaction when I'm on my KS18S. 

Someone put tape over the top part of the light strip, leaving the brake light uncovered.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Someone put tape over the top part of the light strip, leaving the brake light uncovered.  

Yeah, I think I saw that, but I'm not a fan of DIY-looking hacks. I'm half-heartedly looking to see if I can procure a similar LED light strip that will only allow red and white light, but doubtful.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yeah, I think I saw that, but I'm not a fan of DIY-looking hacks. I'm half-heartedly looking to see if I can procure a similar LED light strip that will only allow red and white light, but doubtful.

Yeah, it looks like it would take some time to drill down through all the choices.  But I learned that some of them can be cut to length.  But finding the right width and voltage makes it more difficult.  

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I don't see how this will be possible. These are RGB LEDs so the colors come from the firmware. Blame Gotway's crappy choice of colors not the actual LED strip.

One potential use of the speaker is to listen to Google map directions for example, and still be aware of your surroundings since you area not wearing headphones or staring at your phone.

As far as music, personally I prefer using headphones as the sound quality is much better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's a new Preorder/Deposit page live on our website. What will be unique about putting a deposit down with us, is that you have the choice of selecting any one of Holy Trinity releases that's coming out in the next 2-3 months.. The same 10% Inmotion VX discount will be extended to those putting deposits through the link. :D 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/preorder-inmotion-vx-v10-vx10-ks-18l-ninebot-z6-z8-z10/

uc?export=view&id=1fURQwenlPI-0IxXw6HDvp

A man after my own heart.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's a new Preorder/Deposit page live on our website. What will be unique about putting a deposit down with us, is that you have the choice of selecting any one of Holy Trinity releases that's coming out in the next 2-3 months.. The same 10% Inmotion VX discount will be extended to those putting deposits through the link. :D 

https://www.ewheels.com/product/preorder-inmotion-vx-v10-vx10-ks-18l-ninebot-z6-z8-z10/

uc?export=view&id=1fURQwenlPI-0IxXw6HDvp

Awesom @Jason McNeil. I just pre ordered! But no forgot to specify which wheel I want . And I honestly am torn right now between the z10 and 18l. Is it an issue that I didn’t input this information ?

4 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

Awesom @Jason McNeil. I just pre ordered! But no forgot to specify which wheel I want . And I honestly am torn right now between the z10 and 18l. Is it an issue that I didn’t input this information ?

There's no urgency, this just gives us a decent approximation for knowing how many thousand to order... :lol: Ok, maybe not thousands. 

• Like 2