New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

6 minutes ago, Shemp said:

Since we're doing wish-lists for future InMotion / Solowheel models, here's mine (coming from a happy V8 owner, married to a happy V5F+ owner):

• More powerful motor. I don't really feel a need to go faster, but as a 200lb guy who sometimes has 30lbs of gear, it would be nice to have more hill climbing / pothole-taking / safety margin.
  • Lower center of gravity. I like having a 16" wheel, but the V8's height and battery placement make it handle like an 18" (without the power of an 18").
  • Longer, wider pedals. Also, make them actually flat. The V8 rapidly fatigues my feet.
  • Better parking "stand."  The little nubs on the body at the "fender" could be wider so the wheel could stand more stably when parked.
  • Headlight / tail lights that auto switch depending on direction. It would also be nice if the lights and reflectors met California visibility standards (which will probably set precedence for other geographies).
  • Taller trolley handle. At 6", the trolley handle is just slightly too short for comfort.
  • Long mudflap.
  • Wider tire, with more clearance from the body, and an easier to access valve.
  • Suspension. I know it's too much to ask, but one can dream.
  • A hard-point to which I could attach a bike chain/lock.

I totall agree to the reflectors or white reflex on front and red reflex to the rear. Also a requirement to be road legal in Sweden

To add another 'forgotten' point to my previous wishlist, protective bodysuit or cover, that is reflective and with 'raincoat' effect. Not all countries have 24/7 sunshine. ? I prefer cloudy skies. So I must not wear sunglasses.

The body cover was one of high pluses to me since I know I will need some protecting to have a nice looking wheel after my first learning steps. And that can add benefit to late evening or night rides.

It would be great the v10 was completely new. Not a v8 with more range. 

Makes sense do a 18" wheel, with the retractable handle, slim body and high place for pedals of inmotion, probably taller than v8 with open wheel for keeping the weight low.

• Upvote 1

@Demargon By the few early reports alluding to the V10, it sounds very much like this is not just a spec-bumped V8, but a new wheel (plus the new '10' numbering).

Way back, I believe (might be remembering wrong) @Jason McNeil had said the InMotion heads were of the mind of making wheels that were more accessible and appealing to the greater masses, and not just niche enthusiasts, hence no 18" offering, which would also explain why the V5 & V8 have stayed svelt/thin, at the sacrifice of a fatter battery pack.

Let's hope maybe their mindset has changed a bit after Gotway recently overran the market with several plus-sized wheels, but EUC co leadership doesn't seem to change their vision so easily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Let's hope maybe their mindset has changed a bit after Gotway recently overran the market with several plus-sized wheels, but EUC co leadership doesn't seem to change their

I have seen the change on their InMotion app social media area. In May when I got the app it was almost all InMotion products in the pics. Now its about half to a third InMotion pics and the rest are Gotway pics and Kingsong pics. Lets hope this range idea will catch on with them.

For Instance, when you were a kid, did you ever even once say something like :w00t2: "I cant wait to ride this brand new, always wanted one, cant wait to get on it, machine of my dreams and drive it until........ :clap3:        The battery goes dead in 18 miles. :crying:

That appeals to the masses in a let down sort of way. Kinda like the blues, but not as uplifting

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling, based on a lot of the EUC marketing promo with female models, that these Asian co's dream of capturing a more female demographic / ridership, hence the push to solve a lighter, but able EUC. (a very Asian mindset mind you)

However, what they fail to realize is, at least in the States, the way you capture the female demographic is a slow and generational process: you hook their fathers with EUCs, who then teach the young daughters, who then proceed to grow up with EUCs... not unlike how females in this country become fans of major male athlete sports (NFL, NBA, etc.)

On 21/02/2018 at 1:54 PM, Wax said:

Just retain the under the handle motor cut-off switch and collapsible handle. That’s one of the most underrated features of the V8 that make it the ultimate commuter unit. 

AND the high pedal height of the v5f+/v8. It's hard to go back to anything lower once you're used to that.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Smoother said:

What qualities do you enjoy from higher pedals, other than less scraping in corners?

Well I suppose it depends on how you use your wheel.

I don't use mine for commuting, just in the park. So I do lots of slaloming through and around the skater cones, lots of super tight turning on the spot etc etc. On my Lhotz it would not only scrape but occasionally fully 'catch' the ground especially if there was an imperfection/bump. with my Inmotion there's zero danger of that.

Having said that, I still scrape the pedals up like hell when resting the wheel on the road or some newbie has a go so yeah.... there's no escaping the scrape unless they're covered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WaveCut said:

So, Chinese holidays are over, waiting for some new tasty info!

Can still take some time before all they are actually back at work...

On ‎21‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Wax said:

Just retain the under the handle motor cut-off switch and collapsible handle. That’s one of the most underrated features of the V8 that make it the ultimate commuter unit. 

I second that!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Juick said:

Inmotion released this picture few hours ago on facebook. Looks wonderful!

29101216_1588245704590896_6383864935792771072_o.png

Looks like some beefy tire for sure! Will be great to see a V10 vs Z10 comparisions later this year (we can only hope)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vik's said:

Looks like some beefy tire for sure! Will be great to see a V10 vs Z10 comparisions later this year (we can only hope)

There are so many new wheels entering the market in the next few months. I have always liked IM and NB wheels. Should be interesting. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Juick said:

Inmotion released this picture few hours ago on facebook. Looks wonderful!

29101216_1588245704590896_6383864935792771072_o.png

Looks like LED lights in the foot pedals, but I may be wrong since the tires look plastic or graphite and I know thats not right.

This is a tease. Cmon IM remove some more feathers lets take a look at that bird! :efeeab781c:

Well the good news here is that Inmotion is making an extended battery model which is the V10 F.

I have a feeling this is going to be the wheel of the moment (2018), intuition tells me that it’s going to beat our z10, and 18L expectations.

I love the handling /firmware of my V5f+, most responsive wheel I own.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Well the good news here is that Inmotion is making an extended battery model which is the V10 F.

I have a feeling this is going to be the wheel of the moment (2018), intuition tells me that it’s going to beat our z10, and 18L expectations.

I love the handling /firmware of my V5f+, most responsive wheel I own.

And what is this extended battery size?

Inmotion is trying to torture me!  This is looking like exactly what I hoped for in a new wheel.  Still have to wait and see if it's up to their previous standard, but seeing the wider tire makes me cautiously optimistic they've got another winner on their hands.  This probably takes the lead for me now over the Z10 as my most anticipated new wheel.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

And what is this extended battery size?

Rumor... 680wh for the V10, 920wh for the V10f.   Let’s see, yes I know we want more then 920wh

Edited by Mrd777
  • Like 2