New Inmotion V10 / V10F

Pingouin

Wow

2. The InMotion V10 started off as an off-road model.

The 18 inch tire and off road style won in our team at the beginning and we designed something like below

Glide_4_medium.png?v=1524286250

10 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Holy crap what the heck?  Now THAT is what I imagine is in Batman's riding arsenal when he isn't riding his Ninebot Z!  Wicked cool... but maybe more leg cushions against those support bars... and bolt on the V5F trolly handle... ^_^

:roflmao:

*imagining something like a samurai's topknot*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

I wrote some insights of InMotion V10 here:

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/insights-inmotion-v10

C61_FC1_E3_D2_B4_4_CC8_93_DE_935_D90_D38

Please make it. I will buy it, no review needed.

If those suspensions are implemented in V10, I wiiiilllll get V10 in a second to front run everyone here. Money is not a problem for this machine!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  Holy crap what the heck?  Now THAT is what I imagine is in Batman's riding arsenal when he isn't riding his Ninebot Z!  Wicked cool... but maybe more leg cushions against those support bars... and bolt on the V5F trolly handle... ^_^

Batman on a Ninebot?

Batman-Finger-Waves-Nope-In-The-Animated

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

This is one awesome design but let me get this straight, 200 customers were asked about urban commute vs off road and 59% said they preferred a commute product. Who are these people?  Did they ever see this product? Over twice the customers just on the EUC Forum would have selected this model! 

Curious..... are we looking at a high quality CAD rendition or an actual heart beating, dragon slayer model that was ridden by a real person and taken off road? 

Can I atleast swap out pedals before my V10F is shipped?  :P

41602499102_97eddc5f73_b.jpg

VS

40931374864_fc7d65957c_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FreeRide said:

I would think the software would need a maybe non trivial enhancement if the pedals had any sort of suspension. Any comment on that?  Any suspension on an EUC would be amazing to try. 

Since the wheel body itself (= the gyro sensor) isn't suspended, not necessarily. Everything should work as usual, at least in theory. The only thing to test is whether the suspension can produce self-reinforcing oscillations in forward backward tilt due to some automatic reaction by the rider, so if that creates some kind of wobble, maybe an adaption is needed to prevent uncomfortable riding that the suspension/rider might mechanically introduce.

@Joey Serrin did some self-builds with suspension, and I don't think he did (or even could) modify the firmware.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/1/2018 at 6:16 AM, Jason McNeil said:

Yes, I put that very question to the Engineer. Do any of the EE wizards @esaj, @Cranium,@Churhill know if it's relevant if the MOSFET fails in the open or closed position? Is it only in the open position that the motor will offer resistance, because the motor pairs are crossed? During our meeting, I asked if they could create a simulation video with a bypass switch to simulate a MOSFET failure. Surely it ought to be possible to design a board to bypass the defective motor channel, diverting power to the remaining functioning one?   

I can't work out what they meant by dual core and redundancy, looking at the ecodrift teardown there's the usual STM32 controlling the motor and possibly a second MCU up the other end of the board doing BMS functions or other non motor tasks but I can't see anything overly different. 

11 hours ago, Bobwheel said:

I wrote some insights of InMotion V10 here:

https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/insights-inmotion-v10

C61_FC1_E3_D2_B4_4_CC8_93_DE_935_D90_D38

I think @Bobwheel You guys spent too much time with marketing, focus groups, debates, etc.

The V10 is a nice upgrade and puts you back in somewhat competitive position, but for how long ?

You should have just made an Msuper v3s+ 1600wh class of wheel, but with much higher quality and refinement and you would have blown away the competition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

I would think the software would need a maybe non trivial enhancement if the pedals had any sort of suspension. Any comment on that?  Any suspension on an EUC would be amazing to try. 

I've seen a modified existing EUC with heavy suspension like this. The firmware was not modified and it worked fine.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It looks nice, but:

• Must be the least ergonomic design I've ever seen. Your ankles and shins sure will love those metal bars:shock2: Especially in connection with the moving suspension. Cushions are for women! Useless extra weight? Sure!
  • Barely any space for battery. A wheel like this can't have only 800Wh or so.
  • Pedals might as well be made from ice, as slippery as they look. (Ok, might be an afterthought in this early concept phase.)
  • The motorsport/automotive/combustion engine design style is just off. Electric unicycles are different and should have their unique look, determined by their technical design, and not look like some unspecified part of an old motorbike fell off. The Ninebot One Z is showing the way in this respect (one does not have to like its design, but it is not a derivative of something unrelated). No fake cooling grills, pistons, ... , please.
  • For real offroad (mountains, going up and particularly down steep inclines) 18 inches might be too unwieldy? I'd instinctively go with 16 inches instead for torque and controllability (less is too small for bumps and general unevenness).

So in my view, good call Inmotion didn't build this. While I love the general concept of an extreme offroad/power wheel, this would have needed a massive amount of further development (euphemism for "Start again, and make sense this time!") to get a realistically good result (it is an early concept, I don't blame it for its shortcomings, but it's more like a concept on what to avoid).

In fact, the V10(F) is already halfway there. All is needed is doubling down:

• V10 is basically the V8 shell (widened) with the tire pushed downwards out of it, to give greater pedal height. (I'm getting the impression the side panel molds from the V8 were reused and the design was made to accomodate this).
    So? Push the tire 5cm further out of the shell. Even higher pedals and ground clearances.
  • That also gives more space for battery on the top. Make the body wider so the sides can have batteries too like most other wheels, and that's plenty of space for these sweet Wh.
  • It's already 16 inches with a strong motor. Make it even stronger (and wider?) if you like.
  • Evolve electronics, cables etc. for even higher stresses.
  • Add suspension (might be easier said than done). Or skip it and go with big, high friction, easily leg-grabbable side cushions for better hold on the pedals when needed.

That would work better than the above concept. Call it V12 and call it a day:efee47c9c8:

By the way, @Bobwheel really great to have company representatives (the bosses, even) have such good community involvement!

Oh common @meepmeepmayer! Where's your sense of excitement and wonder for this awesome looking wheel? Do you work in marketing? :laughbounce2:

• Like 1