Ninebot One S1/S2 Control Board Needed

Knifa

Anyone know where I can get hold of a S2 control board? Mine seems to be hoopajooped after my wheel fell sideways into a puddle. The battery's BMS jumps to the short circuit/over current state as soon as power is plugged in.

As it was an eBay purchase, I'm having trouble finding someone who could either give me the part or do a repair (at my expense, obviously). 

An S1 control board might also work albiet with the limited speed

21 hours ago, steve454 said:

You might call speedyfeetuk, they don't show the control board in stock but might know where to find one.  https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/

Cheers, sorted! :)

As an aside, I'm trying to fix my current board as well. I figured out that one phase of MOSFETs were busted (but not burnt out) and shorting out. Removed them and now the board boots again. Hoping I can just replace them and it'll come back to life.

I think water got into the power switch board and shorted out as it made a pop sound when I turned it off and never came on again. The power switch LEDs are super dead so it doesn't bode well, but I'm gonna give it a go. Replacement MOSFETs are on the way.

Bonus aside: The S2's board is pretty compact.

q4415wTh4fKR2ey1_vMeSP_HnzhIYVv58j9hDisAHQMFkYAyOF7wTZABAPh_OWp59K0jOy2MyCI255NBZjFvO5FrdsEGsoglpkO9awrkqvxaCGzjDTzYSL2I_V2VvtrtSWAJdicEz2zCnBWjj77Da3qnH5O2pltmG_kUiPVI49qE7t8URn0WsOxoGankSt53Ycv_r08jwxj6JqWq-binVM9sw8msGt1BbeHQCfGzkNXGc54BNT5AM06dp9R8IxLQfaQa-ndIQriO-pf3evAhpKaMEi3ujlrBxNTXl_e5ND0PTjS9rfjDxdyfSNRi6KBEyY3Fb3juAXV7Vibpl80MnNp18dC4J5id6rzN_4Hohw8cVQw6Izb5a2ysTHk8B8zs_hku9PlwnQK6U2mgsy482rW42YzKULT3yenzteuSrGizxBzlH9C-bSmEfvvXdj0vjpAalriMcbWIoyIo2dsmAtBOtDawTNaOxgNA-hSDENZFYoyCFs_TrfeuFH87c2H3JESurfP1ls5yUiyDFTxI6l67ZVC86frSb1Wl6H_9w0nYFWxoyW7xlsR0joOdbusR_oBj4ehT5gno42KQWre5RhMbVtI-LcuIX69JXdeM=w1200-h901-no

Edited by Knifa

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Knifa said:

Cheers, sorted! :)

As an aside, I'm trying to fix my current board as well. I figured out that one phase of MOSFETs were busted (but not burnt out) and shorting out. Removed them and now the board boots again. Hoping I can just replace them and it'll come back to life.

I think water got into the power switch board and shorted out as it made a pop sound when I turned it off and never came on again. The power switch LEDs are super dead so it doesn't bode well, but I'm gonna give it a go. Replacement MOSFETs are on the way.

Bonus aside: The S2's board is pretty compact.

q4415wTh4fKR2ey1_vMeSP_HnzhIYVv58j9hDisAHQMFkYAyOF7wTZABAPh_OWp59K0jOy2MyCI255NBZjFvO5FrdsEGsoglpkO9awrkqvxaCGzjDTzYSL2I_V2VvtrtSWAJdicEz2zCnBWjj77Da3qnH5O2pltmG_kUiPVI49qE7t8URn0WsOxoGankSt53Ycv_r08jwxj6JqWq-binVM9sw8msGt1BbeHQCfGzkNXGc54BNT5AM06dp9R8IxLQfaQa-ndIQriO-pf3evAhpKaMEi3ujlrBxNTXl_e5ND0PTjS9rfjDxdyfSNRi6KBEyY3Fb3juAXV7Vibpl80MnNp18dC4J5id6rzN_4Hohw8cVQw6Izb5a2ysTHk8B8zs_hku9PlwnQK6U2mgsy482rW42YzKULT3yenzteuSrGizxBzlH9C-bSmEfvvXdj0vjpAalriMcbWIoyIo2dsmAtBOtDawTNaOxgNA-hSDENZFYoyCFs_TrfeuFH87c2H3JESurfP1ls5yUiyDFTxI6l67ZVC86frSb1Wl6H_9w0nYFWxoyW7xlsR0joOdbusR_oBj4ehT5gno42KQWre5RhMbVtI-LcuIX69JXdeM=w1200-h901-no

Let us know how you get on with that. 

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Let us know how you get on with that. 

To my absolute surprise, it works! I replaced the two circled MOSFETS and it sprung back to life. Motor spins and balances as normal.

image.thumb.png.747e864c1f10a5ed7b14d719f5d09844.png

There's another new problem that I need to deal with which is that the logic for the handle lift is now inverted. Lifting it turns on the motor, dropping it turns it off. Not too sure what's gon on there.

Still need to try it outside too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Knifa said:

To my absolute surprise, it works! I replaced the two circled MOSFETS and it sprung back to life. Motor spins and balances as normal.

image.thumb.png.747e864c1f10a5ed7b14d719f5d09844.png

There's another new problem that I need to deal with which is that the logic for the handle lift is now inverted. Lifting it turns on the motor, dropping it turns it off. Not too sure what's gon on there.

Still need to try it outside too.

That's awesome... that it works (not that it's inverted).

One question - What is the orientation of the control board? Are the two MOSFETs that you replaced at the bottom by chance (where they would be most effected by water)?

4 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's awesome... that it works (not that it's inverted).

One question - What is the orientation of the control board? Are the two MOSFETs that you replaced at the bottom by chance (where they would be most effected by water)?

Picture below shows the board orientation. So this whole board sits underneath the handle with the bit showing facing upwards. It's on a big heatsink with a large gasket that squeezes against the plastic.

IMG_20180123_232113.thumb.jpg.c2514b51d14bb1dfa41537de19e37883.jpg

IMG_20180123_231828.thumb.jpg.fc88d4e0626fd9fb535184e20c401d67.jpg

There's extra circular gaskets that fit in the same piece for the power board, charging port and LED strips wires but the fit isn't particularly tight. Water could definitely get in that way.

Edited by Knifa

I'm hoping the handle problem is either that I put the handle round the wrong way (there's only a magnet on one end for the hall effect sensor), or re-calibrating it in the app broke it because the Android app is total balls.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Good to know you solved you problem like that. I have kind of the same problem here. When I try to start my ninebot s2, I hear a beep and nothing happens. Checking the batteries I noticed that when I try to start it, the green light goes to red. I really hope I have some deffective mosfet as well. Tomorrow I will finish removing the control board and will try to check the mosfets according to a video I just watched in youtube :D

Other question... The big Allen screws are in mm or inches? I tries the Allen 3mm and it was impossible to remove it. I stopped trying to not damage the screws and tomorrow going for inches instead mm.

How did I damaged my ninebot? Well, I forgot to remove the tire valve adapter and turn it on. With the hand I move it slight foward and the adaptor got stucked inside. I turned it off. I imagined that this wasn´t a big deal, it take me a few minutes to undo it, but the problem was when I tried to start it again it stopped working and the batteries going into this red mode instead the blinking green.

Edited by Mário Benvenuti Neto

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 3:49 PM, Mário Benvenuti Neto said:

I found one mosfet busted!

I took it out from the board but I can't find it in the towns electronics shops... What's the reference number of the mosfet you put in? Did u order from aliexpress? 

I couldn't find the exact replacement so I found ones that were similar from RS Components (STP110N10F7). https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/mosfets/7863776/
I think they will ship internationally.

The bolts are definitely in metric --- all of the other screws are!

• 2 years later...

Happily pay somebody £50 to get my control board working again.

Think it's a MOSFET but that solder joint does not want to melt and I'm super-nervous that I'll damage nearby components when trying to get the busted MOSFET out...

• 8 months later...