Looking for Lhotz dealer in europe area

Smoother

I'm looking for someone in or around Europe who sells the 16"x2.5 tire used on the Lhotz.  I'm trying to do an upgrade to my KS16S whic is fitted with a 16x2.125 tire

I can't find an IPS dealer, specifically one that sells or sold the Lhotz. The tires are available from China directly, but I've never gone down that route, and I'd rather buy as local as possible.

Hi @Smoother

I am a reseller of IPS unicycles in Malta (EU). Have LHOTZ in stock, but never stocked the tires. If you need it in a hurry I can send you one from a new wheel. Alternatively, I can ship one straight to you from China.

Any particular issues from when you got goods straight from China?

7 hours ago, IPS Malta said:

Hi @Smoother

I am a reseller of IPS unicycles in Malta (EU). Have LHOTZ in stock, but never stocked the tires. If you need it in a hurry I can send you one from a new wheel. Alternatively, I can ship one straight to you from China.

Any particular issues from when you got goods straight from China?

That's a remarkably generous offer; cannibalizing a new wheel.  I couldn't ask you to do that.

I've only bought things from China via Amazon or EBay, so my ordering procedure was conventional, and in English.  I've found these tires on several Chinese sites, but they often have several sizes listed, some with innertubes, and I'm never sure exactly which one I have selected, as often the pictures do not pop up, or the picture doesn't change.  Another problem I have, is that I'm soon to depart in my motorhome for destinations yet unknown, and I might not be here when the package arrives.  I could pony up for expedited shipping but then the cost rises a lot.  I actually put an order together on englishtaobao.net for one of these and a 14x2.5 for my 14c but I didn't pull the trigger because of the shipping time.  I thought I'd see if someone closer to home has them.

I'll get a new one on my next consignment. It's not much of an issue, and it's nice to keep one for parts (though I rarely had the need for parts). For purchasing from Chinese sites most of the time you have to contact the seller and if they are purely Chinese with the target market in China, they don't have an English speaking sales team so it is very likely to buy something other than expected (learned through experience).

I can send to you from China. To my country via DHL it normally takes 6 working days +1 day clearance (its a peak time before the Chinese new year so there might be a day or 2 of delays), If I send registered from Malta probably its easier for clearance (if any) and will take approx a week. I just need a day or two to have someone take the tire off as I am in China at the moment.

Price wise is the same give or take.

I'm still uncomfortable having you take a tire of a new unit, but, just so I know what we're talking about, how much (ball park) would it cost me to get a 16x2.5 here in less than three weeks? AND, if you decide to ship me one from China, How much extra to pack with it a 14x2.5, either a Chaoyang H-5192 or H-5118?

PS there are a lot of KS16s in the European area.  I'm sure I'm not the first or only owner thinking about the 2.5" upgrade, maybe you should add a few of these tires to your next order.  

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Is it advisable with the Chaoyang H-5192 14" and H-5118 16"? It seems that it need a particular wide motor though I am not familiar with such upgrades so maybe I am wrong.

H-5192 is round surface and H5118 is a 3" right?

1 hour ago, IPS Malta said:

H-5192 is round surface and H5118 is a 3" right?

From what I can gather off Chinese sites, these numbers refer to tread patterns, and are available in various sizes.  The H-5192 is quite smooth, like a sports motorbike tire, and the H-5118 is more like the typical EUC tire from the factory.

TB2j2FlrVXXXXagXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!825592832.jpg

Above is the H-5192 I believe

TB2WHqysXXXXXbhXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!825592832.jpg

These are both H-5118. 2.5" on left and 3" on right.

Yes. Unfortunately, shipping companies (Such as DHL, FedEx, TNT and UPS) work with volumetric weight that skyrockets big items with little weight. Definitely could have been cheaper with China Post. I tried to get the best rate that meets the target deadline for finishing your project in a timely manner ;) Thinking about those tires that should be better performing might give you some extra distance too in the end so hope such project pays out well ;)

My tires arrived from China yesterday, thanks to @IPS Malta.  Interestingly they are tubeless tires, so they are quite stiff.  Two tubeless valve stems were also provided.  Sometime soon I'll have to start the 16, 2.5" conversion.  I won't attempt the 14c conversion until I know I have a viable axle solution.  A preliminary look reveals that in addition to some shell trimming around the lower leading/trailing extremeties, the shell will have to be moved up to make some space towards the top.  Unfortunately, the 14c only has 2 rows of attachment scews (unlike the 16s which has 3 rows) so I will have to relocate the holes approximately 1/2 the distance between them, up. I have a tap and die set, so it should work out ok.

12 hours ago, Smoother said:

My tires arrived from China yesterday, thanks to @IPS Malta.  Interestingly they are tubeless tires, so they are quite stiff.  Two tubeless valve stems were also provided.  Sometime soon I'll have to start the 16, 2.5" conversion.  I won't attempt the 14c conversion until I know I have a viable axle solution.  A preliminary look reveals that in addition to some shell trimming around the lower leading/trailing extremeties, the shell will have to be moved up to make some space towards the top.  Unfortunately, the 14c only has 2 rows of attachment scews (unlike the 16s which has 6) so I will have to relocate the holes approximately 1/2 the distance between them, up. I have a tap and die set, so it should work out ok.

Remember... Photos and/or videos!

Here ya go, courtesy of, well, you actually, since you showed me how to link a thread. :cheers:.  I've done quite a  bit of riding on this new tire.  My findings make compelling reading, honest. (I haven't written anything yet as I only got home from the weekend a few hours ago) But I will, soon.

Archived