The Dangers of a Full-Face Helmet and Low Battery

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just purchased few https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Quality-Hot-Hot-Hole-Good-Tone-Continuous-95DB-Buzzer-Alarm-Piezo-Electronic/323153853864?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2748.l2649

3Me6AeI.jpg

thinking of replacing original and only have 80% warning set, hopefully this is much lowder, anyone knows how many db' is the original?

On 2/15/2018 at 7:12 AM, Marty Backe said:

If I was @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I could make an insensitive, sexist joke right now. But I won't :whistling:

What is this? Do we have some form of Goodwin's Law at play here on the forum? That every thread ever will at some point devolve into a sexual innuendo involving @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love:roflmao:

Insensitive?  :cry2:  I feel quite offended!  Parts of me are very sensitive.  :innocent1:

"Heil Hunka!" does have a nice sound to it.  :whistling:

Regarding beepers, I think the originals likely are closer to 30-35 db.  A 95 db one should be very loud like a truck backing up.  Well unless it's very voltage dependent. Maybe @esaj can comment.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:08 PM, dmethvin said:

the Wilhelm Scream.

That's actually the sound that one 8 or something year old boy made when he saw me slowly riding past him in the opposite direction! After passing hundreds and hundreds of pedestrians, I didn't think I could encounter a totally new reaction. His father's soothing talk gave hint that the boy might tend to scare particularly easy.

Regarding the original topic and the title "Dangers of a Full-Face Helmet..." I must say that don't see the full-face helmet being the reason for the danger. Danger was caused by disabling the tilt-back. There can be many reasons for not hearing the beeps.

My first wheel IPS Lhotz has a top travel speed of 27km/h, but the beeper that can't be disabled starts beeping continuously already at 22km/h. As I got familiar with higher speeds and the tilt-back, I built a switch to bypass the beeper so I could travel at 25-26km/h without beeping. Had I crashed because I couldn't hear a different warning beep, would it be "Dangers of a continuous warning beeper", or "Dangers of disabling the warning beeper" ?

On 2/15/2018 at 1:12 AM,  Marty Backe said: 

If I was @Hunka Hunka Burning Love I could make an insensitive, sexist joke right now. But I won't 

3 hours ago, Scatcat said:

What is this? Do we have some form of Goodwin's Law at play here on the forum? That every thread ever will at some point devolve into a sexual innuendo involving @Rehab1 and @Hunka Hunka Burning Love:roflmao:

@Scatcat...wow it’s been 4 months since @Marty Backe’s post.  I’ve since moved on after catching  @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and Marty up on BBM. :laughbounce2:

On 6/11/2018 at 12:24 AM, steve454 said:

You should google Alice Goodwin.  :lol:

I'm.... dying..... laughing. :roflmao:

The Goodwin Law, is what we should refer to on this forum, it seems...

Archived