how to protect a euc without hiding too much of the design

Shad0z

i have a gotway tesla and i would really like to pad it up so as little as possible happens to it when i fall off

but i still want to have the beutiful carbon sides to be shown and the led ring

im thinking that i just need to pas the conres of impact so that it only hits the corners since they are higher than the rest if i pad them

any ideas?

6 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i have a gotway tesla and i would really like to pad it up so as little as possible happens to it when i fall off

but i still want to have the beutiful carbon sides to be shown and the led ring

im thinking that i just need to pas the conres of impact so that it only hits the corners since they are higher than the rest if i pad them

any ideas?

There was a report sometimes somewhere here of a transparent ?silicon/plastic? covering of the wheels shell

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

There was a report sometimes somewhere here of a transparent ?silicon/plastic? covering of the wheels shell

i heard about one about one i could make myself but someone also mentioned that it is very hard to find and is expensive so i think i will try and see what i can do by 

getting the corners well padded so it hits the corners and they take the punch but they then have thick padding 

57 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Yip... @Rehab1 has made a transparent Silicon Shell Cover for the 16S and another wheel

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Yip... @Rehab1 has made a transparent Silicon Shell Cover for the 16S and another wheel

I  have made a few including the KS 14C, KS 16S and Mten 3

39066778724_d11309272a_b.jpg

37418703760_9f73a6abcf_b.jpg

24907088817_69aa2ee2a8_b.jpg

Roll the wheel gently on its side on a carpet or something soft to see which points hit the surface first. Of course that only covers flat surfaces, a protruding rock or such could still hit an unprotected point "in the wild". I did this with the Firewheel, but didn't bother with the KS16S and just slapped some foam on the corners :D 

Zm1VCfF.jpg

VxBJgTK.jpg

JeOoCMl.jpg

4gt127A.jpg

Compared to the KS16S padding I did... :rolleyes:

qw6EVVt.png

40 minutes ago, esaj said:

I did this with the Firewheel, but didn't bother with the KS16S and just slapped some foam on the corners :D 

I really like the KS16S protection your team applied. :P

38916270205_dd085f9238_b.jpg

Wow... That seems so over the top!

I took the easy way out - I ordered half a dozen of the 2018 Marty Backe action figures, and super-glued them to my Lhotz - as they have full protective gear on, my wheel will be forever protected...

The Wheel

Note: Make sure you get the 2018 model - the earlier ones were much less impact-absorbing, as they didn't have the full face-helmet!

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I took the easy way out - I ordered half a dozen of the 2018 Marty Backe action figures, and super-glued them to my Lhotz - as they have full protective gear on, my wheel will be forever protected...

The Wheel

Note: Make sure you get the 2018 model - the earlier ones were much less impact-absorbing, as they didn't have the full face-helmet!

oh man. Marty backe isn't just another euc rider

he is like some Kind of god :D

i will see if i can upgRade my status more to "useful"

from rookie asking questions :P

but why do you use marty backe models?

they're too good to use for protection

(as you can see I'm really digging this auto correct) 

On 1/21/2018 at 6:48 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The Wheel

OMG, I just saw this. Absolutely hilarious :roflmao:  I'm not sure what to say :D I can't stop laughing ...

On January 19, 2018 at 1:04 AM, Shad0z said:

I use wheel well molding for car fenders. You can get black, chrome, or carbon fiber. Looks like this below. Use it on the corners where impact will be

image.jpg

wheel moldings... I will look into that

as of now. This is what my tesla looks like 

i used some cable foam and just hothlued it on and it sticks well but i can always just peel off the hot glue if i have to 

wp_ss_20180124_0004 (2).png

You'll probably buy a Bluetooth speaker eventually. When you do, place it somewhere above or below the headlight so when you crash your wheel the initial impact is <probably> taken by the speaker instead of the shell. Speaker cost like 20-50 dollars whereas a shell costs hundreds, plus you have to open your wheel up to replace the shell.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The Wheel

But the 2017 model came with white sneakers!

32 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

You'll probably buy a Bluetooth speaker eventually. When you do, place it somewhere above or below the headlight so when you crash your wheel the initial impact is <probably> taken by the speaker instead of the shell. Speaker cost like 20-50 dollars whereas a shell costs hundreds, plus you have to open your wheel up to replace the shell.

then i would rather use some foam and form it like a bluetooth speaker... 3 dollars... if you want to use a 40 dollar speaker as protecting.. ok 

but thats out of my budget

• 2 weeks later...

Archived