Segway Ninebot Product Brochure (CES 2018) - includes the One Z

houseofjob

For anyone interested in the product line brochure Segway Ninebot had available at CES 2018.....

Some interesting tidbits:

• by the language, seems Segway is marketing the Z as an "enthusiast" model, ie. not the bread-and-butter money-maker many on the forums seem to want this model to be.
  • the Ninebot One 16" series is notably absent from the product line, so I'm guessing that has been officially end-of-life'd.
  • not surprisingly, as evidenced by the ordering of their product line, Segway is focusing more on their new cheapo e-kickboard scooters and 2-wheeled Mini series

Segway Ninebot CES 2018 Product Brochure (PDF)

ee8sePC.jpg

5 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

For anyone interested in the product line brochure Segway Ninebot had available at CES 2018.....

• by the language, seems Segway is marketing the Z as an "enthusiast" model, ie. not the bread-and-butter money-maker many on the forums seem to want this model to be.
  • the Ninebot One 16" series is notably absent from the product line, so I'm guessing that has been officially end-of-life'd.
  • not surprisingly, as evidenced by the ordering of their product line, Segway is focusing more on their new cheapo e-kickboard scooters and 2-wheeled Mini series

ee8sePC.jpg

This thing looks like they just made a one wheel version of their existing Segway 2 wheel. Makes sense to use the existing tire lines for the full sized Segways adapt to a one wheel version. It was the two wheeled Segway that gave me the confidence and technique to ride an EUC. The EUC becomes a logical extension of their model line for those who want more speed and off road capabilities than their current lineup can provide. 

The Ninebot one models were really only more skillful space saving versions of their two wheeled lineup. I am surprised this wider tire design didnt appear earlier do to the similarity of gyroscopic balance and drive in the two vehicles in that company. I mean Segway has got to have a municipality sized warehouse for all the unopened spare Segway tires throughout the decades. :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, houseofjob said:

ee8sePC.jpg

This the first time reading about custom sound effects.  Wonder what they sound like?

1 hour ago, Bambino said:

No trolley???

According to the Segway reps, still in play. Maybe they’re just refining it(?)

25 minutes ago, Kael said:

Is a pneumatic tyre a tubeless tyre?

Pneumatic literally means “filled with air”, but in actual use with tire terminology seems to loosely indicate non-tubeless tires (tubed or solid) AFAICS

the trolley is a WAYY more important part of these wheels than ninebot and a few other company's thinks it is, especially not a cheap add on that bolts to the rear with a ton of wobble and no way to lean it against anything... i simply will never buy a wheel that doesn't have a good trolley again. imo 

30 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I imagine the trolley handle is built in.  Press a button and the handle lifts up.  

I wish. We've already seen the trolley handle, it bolts onto the back. I like the custom look, it also lets you lean the wheel back to stand it up. But I'd prefer an internal handle.

full_ninebot_one_z6_black_5.jpg

On 1/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, houseofjob said:

Hmmmm.... may I ask where you heard this from? Thx

My dream is that you push a button, the handle pops up.  It's kind of scary what Ninebot can do. Artificial Intelligence and what not.  High quality product, maybe?

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

My dream is that you push a button, the handle pops up.  It's kind of scary what Ninebot can do. Artificial Intelligence and what not. 

Hmmm, maybe a Loomo version where you say: "hey Loomo, walk with me"... then your wheel rides up beside you and cute little arms pop-up to hold your hand.  :efee8319ab:

Handle looks cool, but chances that it will survive first wheel fall / tumble are rather low.  handle struts must be more "hidden" into the body of the wheel. Any part of the wheel which protrude will have tendency to hit the tarmac much stronger than those streamlined parts, so get bent / broken easily.  However this CAN be designed...   It all takes awfully long....   

• 5 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:02 PM, RayRay said:

Hmmm, maybe a Loomo version where you say: "hey Loomo, walk with me"... then your wheel rides up beside you and cute little arms pop-up to hold your hand.  :efee8319ab:

This one may be even cuter... ?

canguro-robot-designboom-003.jpg

Another robot ride-able... CanguRo is impractical (too slow), but reminds me more of a dog than a kangaroo. ?

Archived