The Scorpion EXO Covert Helmet

Marty, the insect man!:efee612b4b: No wonder people are looking at you like :blink: with that helmet and on a EUC! WTF overload. Would love a back-cam video when you pass others.

Where's the Gotway sticker?!

--

I'm too looking for a good (and not too expensive) helmet, but would like one that does not look too scary to people.

The chin guard is just a flexible rubber piece? Well, better than nothing, but for a EUC cut-out, won't do much then, as you need impact protection. But if it's good against wind chill, that's at least something.

Looking forward to hearing more impressions about the thing.

6 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Marty, the insect man!:efee612b4b: No wonder people are looking at you like :blink: with that helmet and on a EUC! WTF overload. Would love a back-cam video when you pass others.

--

I'm too looking for a good (and not too expensive) helmet, but would like one that does not look too scary to people.

The chin guard is just a flexible rubber piece? Well, better than nothing, but for a EUC cut-out, won't do much then, as you need impact protection. But if it's good against wind chill, that's at least something.

I'm still not convinced that the chin guard wouldn't provide decent protection at the speeds that we go.

I love the cocoon feeling that this helmet gives, and the visibility is very good (it might not look like it has good visibility). Great to complete a long ride and not feel like my eyes are done for the day.

The looks that I got from some people were great. And when I passed people that were looking I would turn my head as I went by them, like I was contemplating beaming them up to my ship :shock2:

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

<snip>

<snip>

That's not a sticker. It's painted on my helmet. I'm still undecided whether to paint this helmet.

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

1. I know that's real, but it just looks so Photoshopped...
  2. "Chilly" ??? Have you been out east recently?

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Everything Marty films is by Backe-cam!

Yeah, Scorpion makes some good stuff. After selling my MC I still held onto my Scorpion jacket and helmet. 

I got my last helmet upgrade for the eye shield, and thought I would want it just for reducing the sun light in my face, but in chilly windy weather it really helps shield the face too.

3 minutes ago, Circuitmage said:

Yeah, Scorpion makes some good stuff. After selling my MC I still held onto my Scorpion jacket and helmet. 

I got my last helmet upgrade for the eye shield, and thought I would want it just for reducing the sun light in my face, but in chilly windy weather it really helps shield the face too.

Exactly :thumbup:

Cool helmet Marty! Bit too ominous-looking for me though. I went with a gold full-face after seeing way too many black-clad protesters on TV beating the crap out of each other and the American way in the process. I didn't want to be associated with or mistaken for those idiots in any way, shape or form.

• 1 year later...

Hey Marty, what rear view mirror is that and do you recommend it?  Although the Exo Scorpion Covert has great field of view, I still have to turn my head quite a bit to see behind me. 

Hmm...better than a modular helmet?   The chin piece does look a little flimsy and the removal not super smooth and easy.   

2 hours ago, GQS said:

Hey Marty, what rear view mirror is that and do you recommend it?  Although the Exo Scorpion Covert has great field of view, I still have to turn my head quite a bit to see behind me. 

Check out the Amazon link in one of my latest YouTube videos (in the Description). The one I'm linking to now has a very slight convex curve to it so the visibility is even better than the flat mirror on my earlier helmets.

2 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Hmm...better than a modular helmet?   The chin piece does look a little flimsy and the removal not super smooth and easy.   

This is why I'm now mostly riding with a new Scorpion helmet. But I still wear the Covert periodically because of the cool factor :D   At our speeds I suspect that the chin guard still offers decent protection. But yeah, the modular version is super convenient.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PogArt Artur
On 1/7/2018 at 12:09 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

--

I literally had bought that helmet,to ask the seller last minute to cancel the order  :)

The helmet is very unique, but the soft chin bar had put me off.

I just decided if I spent money for helmet,lets be it full protection helmet...

Very similar to this,is the Roof Boxer V8 for example, but the chin bar again is to keep the flies away...

I've bought modular helmet then.

I can ride it open,full face, just all I'm after,including the chin bar giving full protection. 

3 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

I've bought modular helmet then.

I can ride it open,full face, just all I'm after,including the chin bar giving full protection. 

It took me a while to get there and I have to agree about the modular helmet.  I wouldn’t ride with the face up though. 

Guest PogArt Artur
32 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

It took me a while to get there and I have to agree about the modular helmet.  I wouldn’t ride with the face up though. 

I'm sorry, you might got confused regarding "face up - riding".

I guess you were thinking of riding,while the front is lifted up,and sticking out above the head..?

I would't want to ride like this either.

Thus I bought the modular helmet,where the chin bar part goes all way back the helmet, and stays behind.

At that option, the helmet looks like an open face helmet.

It is also fully certificated to be used that way.

It's Shark Evo-One 2.

1 hour ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm sorry, you might got confused regarding "face up - riding".

I guess you were thinking of riding,while the front is lifted up,and sticking out above the head..?

I would't want to ride like this either.

Thus I bought the modular helmet,where the chin bar part goes all way back the helmet, and stays behind.

At that option, the helmet looks like an open face helmet.

It is also fully certificated to be used that way.

It's Shark Evo-One 2.

Very nice helmet.   I went with the 1/3 cost option, not as functional, but I wear my skate helmet if going "faceless".

Guest PogArt Artur
11 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Very nice helmet.   I went with the 1/3 cost option, not as functional, but I wear my skate helmet if going "faceless".

I have skate helmet as well :)

The idea of modular helmet,was to have all choices at "one place" :)

I may go out for photography, so face up :)

When I'm done, I might want to go for faster riding, or the weather might change (rain) then I can adapt the helmet to the purposes ...

This is only theory, the practical test will come after some time :)

Best regards :)

Archived