V8 charger doesn't work

Herbas

Seems like the stock charger doesn't work anymore. The red light doesn't turn on and the wheel doesn' show any indication of being charged. Is that it with the charger? Or is it possible to get it working?

I used it for something like 40-50 times, so it shouldn't be dead just from age/overuse.

EDIT: found a spare cord for the part between wall and charger block. Replaced it and the charger LED is lighting up! Fingers crossed that it will charge my EUC left at work tomorrow. Charged successfully!

Just to let you know, I've had two Gotway chargers not turn on at all, I'm on my third and last one.

Interestingly, I think the Gotway seller knew about this as he sent me a spare telling me I might need it.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, the issue with the charger returned. Changing the cord didn't help either. 

What I don't understand in this situation is that in both cases I was able to charge V8 before and there were no indications of something wrong (the light was lit) when I disconnected the charger. But the next day when I tried to charge again it didn't work.  

I'm not even sure if the charger is dead as sometimes when I connect the charger I can see a brief flash of the green light.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that in both cases I did a deep charge (2-3 additional charging hours after the light becomes green). I wonder if it's just a coincidence of having trouble with the charger afterwards. 

If I was to buy a new charger, would any gx16-3 84v 1.5a charger work?

3 hours ago, Herbas said:

Damn, the issue with the charger returned. Changing the cord didn't help either. 

What I don't understand in this situation is that in both cases I was able to charge V8 before and there were no indications of something wrong (the light was lit) when I disconnected the charger. But the next day when I tried to charge again it didn't work.  

I'm not even sure if the charger is dead as sometimes when I connect the charger I can see a brief flash of the green light.

I'm not 100% certain, but I think that in both cases I did a deep charge (2-3 additional charging hours after the light becomes green). I wonder if it's just a coincidence of having trouble with the charger afterwards.

It is probably a coincidence. Did you try any order of connecting the charger to the wheel? I have an InMotion charger which shuts off when connected in parallel to another charger and seems not to work until fully disconnected (maybe I even have to wait for some time, I can't remember out of my head).

3 hours ago, Herbas said:

If I was to buy a new charger, would any gx16-3 84v 1.5a charger work?

You need most likely GX12-3, see http://hobby16.neowp.fr/fr/2016/11/20/changer-connecteur-chargeur/

5 hours ago, Herbas said:

With the charger unplugged from EUC and plugged into the wall, is the LED green?  If not, then I think the charger is dead.  If green, then the charger is most likely fine.

16 hours ago, Mono said:

Yes, thanks, I mixed up with my KingSong connector.

14 hours ago, duaner said:

With the charger unplugged from EUC and plugged into the wall, is the LED green?  If not, then I think the charger is dead.  If green, then the charger is most likely fine.

The light sometimes turns up for a split second, but I guess it's just near-death agony :(

Archived