New Lower Pricing For Glide Series

Jeffrey Scott Will

Effective immediately, we are lowering the retail prices across the board.

Solowheel Glide 3: $999 (one year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 3: $1199 (two year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 2: $699 (one year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 2: $899 (two year warranty)

Why the drastic change in price? Well, I’m sure most of you have already seen the other thread introducing our new team. We wanted your feedback, and the message from all of you was clear: you like the V/Glide Series, but not at the newer Glide pricing level. While we won’t always be able to meet every desire of the community, this is definitely one that our new team agrees with, and it’s something we can quickly implement.

And to be fair to all of our customers that have already purchased a Glide series Solowheel at the higher pricing level from our website, we will be offering a refund to those customers for the difference.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

And to be fair to all of our customers that have already purchased a Glide series Solowheel at the higher pricing level from our website, we will be offering a refund to those customers for the difference.

Very kind and fair on both fronts Jeffrey!

We wanted your feedback, and the message from all of you was clear: you like the V/Glide Series, but not at the newer Glide pricing level. While we won’t always be able to meet every desire of the community, this is definitely one that our new team agrees with, and it’s something we can quickly implement.

I've just had a surprising amicable call with @Jeffrey Scott Will & @Bobwheel, there is the very real possibility eWheels will be offering the V8/Glide 3 again before the end of the week. More details to follow. 

1 hour ago, Jason McNeil said:

I've just had a surprising amicable call with @Jeffrey Scott Will & @Bobwheel, there is the very real possibility eWheels will be offering the V8/Glide 3 again before the end of the week. More details to follow. 

Perfect! They could not ask for a more trusted, positive customer service oriented representative! Should be a Happy New Year Jason!

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Scott Will said:

Solowheel Glide 3: $999 (one year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 3: $1199 (two year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 2: $699 (one year warranty)

Solowheel Glide 2: $899 (two year warranty)

Why the drastic change in price? Well, I’m sure most of you have already seen the other thread introducing our new team. We wanted your feedback, and the message from all of you was clear: you like the V/Glide Series, but not at the newer Glide pricing level. While we won’t always be able to meet every desire of the community, this is definitely one that our new team agrees with, and it’s something we can quickly implement.

Thats a nice step in the right direction, i have to say...

On the other side i think, why this high 1300/1600dollar prices for the V8  even have been implemented? (For me)  this now seams just as a marketing step to calm down the EUC community. All people here on the forum know that they can order the V8 international version for 850bucks whenever and wherever they want!!! Still much cheaper than than the Glide prices....even when thinking about that we are talking about a over a year old wheel in the fast moving EUC market.

So i have to say...i will wait for new developments or what the future will bring from solowheel...or if this is just another marketing gag and Happy Solowheel Singsong advertisement. Sorry to disturb the party :-)

10 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

or if this is just another marketing gag and Happy Solowheel Singsong advertisement. Sorry to disturb the party :-)

I truly believe that Jeffrey Scott Will & @Bobwheel have been listening to our forum comments and want to satisfy their customers. Also @Jason McNeil will always protect his excellent reputation by protecting his customer base. I think it is a Win Win situation.

Very pleased to see this. Nice work @Jeffrey Scott Will and @Bobwheel. This puts a quality wheel back on the market at a fair price for the spec. Many of us have been very pleased with our Inmotion wheels and appreciated the build quality and emphasis on safety so I was quite aggrieved that others had been denied access to the V8 due to the rebrand and price increase which just made it not worth it. This puts it firmly back where it should be in the current EUC line up.

I'm also really pleased to see eWheels is potentially back in the mix with this. @Jason McNeil was, from what I know, wronged badly in the original rebrand and is so respected here it can only be a good match for you as you build/rebuild your lineup and reputation in the community.

:thumbup:

A big step in the right direction. Keep it up! 

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

I truly believe that Jeffrey Scott Will & @Bobwheel have been listening to our forum comments and want to satisfy their customers. Also @Jason McNeil will always protect his excellent reputation by protecting his customer base. I think it is a Win Win situation.

Just to be clear: Nothing at all against @Jason McNeil excellent reputation! But he (and others) have thrown some other things and questions in to discussion.

And (again: For me) this is not done with a price discount, where the (now quite old) V8 is STILL more expensive than before....

That would be a nice marketing effect...making the wheel 50%more expensive, taking some bashings, then reduce the price to 110%/120% of the old one(depending on the warranty or from which point you see it) and be the hero of the party :-)

Yes, i might see that a little harsh, but dont forget: Other parts of the world buy the V8 for 800-850bucks......so we shouldnt see that price reducement as the holy gral!

I am happy for the US customers, that they now again have the opportunity to buy the V8 again! And to go with @Jason McNeil is the best that can happen to them at all! But this all still leave me sceptic to Solowheel...as long as there isnt something REAL new from them....

@WARPed1701D@Rehab1 @F.J. Abaya Appreciate for your understanding, and it means a lot to us.  Our based on San Diego new team will keep working to show what extra value we can bring to this community compared to competitors, and we believe Solowheel has its own role in this industry, maybe not always with highest specs and cheapest price, but there is definitely something different. 

18 minutes ago, Bobwheel said:

@WARPed1701D@Rehab1 @F.J. Abaya Appreciate for your understanding, and it means a lot to us.  Our based on San Diego new team will keep working to show what extra value we can bring to this community compared to competitors, and we believe Solowheel has its own role in this industry, maybe not always with highest specs and cheapest price, but there is definitely something different. 

There are many here who will pay extra for redundancy and additional safety features. That is an area where there is a big hole in the industry.  I personally have no desire to roll at 50kph or a need for a 100km range, but do desire features that will increase the chance I will stay upright under normal conditions. This aligns well with Inmotion's and Solowheel's original goals so I'd  love to see efforts in this area. I'd like to see an 18" offering too. 

33 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Just to be clear: Nothing at all against @Jason McNeil excellent reputation! But he (and others) have thrown some other things and questions in to discussion.

And (again: For me) this is not done with a price discount, where the (now quite old) V8 is STILL more expensive than before....

That would be a nice marketing effect...making the wheel 50%more expensive, taking some bashings, then reduce the price to 110%/120% of the old one(depending on the warranty or from which point you see it) and be the hero of the party :-)

Yes, i might see that a little harsh, but dont forget: Other parts of the world buy the V8 for 800-850bucks......so we shouldnt see that price reducement as the holy gral!

I am happy for the US customers, that they now again have the opportunity to buy the V8 again! And to go with @Jason McNeil is the best that can happen to them at all! But this all still leave me sceptic to Solowheel...as long as there isnt something REAL new from them....

$999 for the Glide3 is the price it was back in July when it was the V8 from Jason. No price increase now it has dropped from $1299. Where are you seeing it for $800 - $850? It seems reasonably priced for the 16" US market again unless the KS16S were to get a big price cut. I'm not considering Aliexpress in this pricing discussion. Buying from a local dealer is IMO worth the additional cost over Ali. 

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Are you sure you're ok?:efeebb3acc: Funny, this is EXACTLY what I want from a wheel (+ better electronics so it works on mountains).

I appreciate bigger motors for the power reserve and bigger batteries to spread power demands over more parallel packs. Increased speed and range are side effects of these desires. Many, desire the same specs for the opposite reasons.  I'd love a 1680Wh 18S but would never max it out on speed or go for a 5 hour non stop ride. 

12 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

$999 for the Glide3 is the price it was back in July when it was the V8 from Jason. No price increase now it has dropped from $1299. Where are you seeing it for $800 - $850? It seems reasonably priced for the 16" US market again unless the KS16S were to get a big price cut. I'm not considering Aliexpress in this pricing discussion. Buying from a local dealer is IMO worth the additional cost over Ali. 

Ok, it is the same price then it was before then.....999/1199 depending on warranty.

For me thats still no reason to celebrate Solowheel. like i said thats my viewpoint. First bashing up the price to a 150%...then setting it back to the old price?! So what to celebrate? It is the same wheel for the same price. Should be self-evidence or obvious and no reason to praise the company. 

Reminds me of some price changes/tricks in my supermarket...changing the name, pushing up the price, reduce it then and market the "lower/reduced" price point.

"Hey...the Solowheel Glide 3 is now reduced from 1599/1399 to 1199/999! Take your chance! Best price ever for the Glide3 :-)"

Sorry, might be cynical, but thats how i see it.......

3 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

FEIER AliX Shop V8 $858: http://bit.ly/2l7uCkH

Green Fashion AliX Shop V8 $891.66: http://bit.ly/2C14FNU

I don't think it is fair to compare local market dealers to Aliexpress. You get a whole  different level of service locally that is IMO worth the additional cost. Some people here have waited weeks for delivery and then additional months if there is a fault with a wheel from Aliexpress. I'm not saying there aren't reputable sellers on there but I personally wouldn't drop a grand or more buying from Ali. If it isn't available locally then odds are I won't buy it. 

1 minute ago, WARPed1701D said:

I don't think it is fair to compare local market dealers to Aliexpress. You get a whole  different level of service locally that is IMO worth the additional cost. Some people here have waited weeks for delivery and then additional months if there is a fault with a wheel from Aliexpress. I'm not saying there aren't reputable sellers on there but I personally wouldn't drop a grand or more buying from Ali. If it isn't available locally then odds are I won't buy it. 

I'm not advocating buying from these listings.  You simply asked where they were and I obliged.

IMHO competition breeds progress.

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Ok, it is the same price then it was before then.....999/1199 depending on warranty.

For me thats still no reason to celebrate Solowheel. like i said thats my viewpoint. First bashing up the price to a 150%...then setting it back to the old price?! So what to celebrate? It is the same wheel for the same price. Should be self-evidence or obvious and no reason to praise the company. 

Reminds me of some price changes/tricks in my supermarket...changing the name, pushing up the price, reduce it then and market the "lower/reduced" price point.

"Hey...the Solowheel Glide 3 is now reduced from 1599/1399 to 1199/999! Take your chance! Best price ever for the Glide3 :-)"

Sorry, might be cynical, but thats how i see it.......

I get what you are saying and like you generally distrust companies and their marketing machines. I guess the celebration is that historically Solowheel would have given us the middle finger and kept selling at over inflated priced. Sure the price hasn't dropped below the V8 price, but it is in line with the market, opens a good wheel back up to new buyers, and hints that Solowheel could be back in the game going forward. Who wouldn't want another manufacturer pushing up competition. It seemed like without Solowheel Inmotion was leaving the EUC market up to this point. I'm glad they will still be about in one way or another. 

6 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

I'm not advocating buying from these listings.  You simply asked where they were and I obliged.

IMHO competition breeds progress.

Indeed it does.

I did say originally that I was excluding Aliexpress from price comparisons as it wasn't really fair. 

13 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

. Who wouldn't want another manufacturer pushing up competition. It seemed like without Solowheel Inmotion was leaving the EUC market up to this point. I'm glad they will still be about in one way or another. 

Plus one on that!!!

I will then praise them for any progress we will see :-)

18 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I did say originally that I was excluding Aliexpress from price comparisons as it wasn't really fair. 

If the market was based on fair, we would still only have the Solowheel Xtreme with it's old spec and old price, to ride today in 2017/2018.

Serious, meaningful gesture on behalf of Solowheel. Thank you @Bobwheel and @Jeffrey Scott Will. Brings both wheels into competitive price ranges, especially with bonafide warranties. These are two solid wheels, especially the Glide 3. Only the fastest and longest wheelers will ever need more EUC than the G3/V8.

Sure, no vendor, manufacturer or wheel is perfect. Heck, I wish the LEDs on my V8 still worked. But the interaction within the past week or so from the Solowheel guys — and an on-the-spot, permanent 30% price reduction — is more responsive than I have seen any other EUC builder on these forums in a long time. Quality product, responsive team, real warranty, willingness to listen... I for one am eager to hopefully have another serious player (back) at the table with product in the pipeline, plans for growth, and a role for the EUC community within their model.

Archived