A Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays, to all our readers.

Keith

E82EFD2B-C9B1-4CA0-A252-6117C24CD512.thumb.jpeg.f5555663d38ad3f6d1c7969ca1c4fd21.jpegTo all, thank you all for your entertaining, thought provoking and challenging posts throughout the year. I hope you have a good rest and Santa brings you nice new self balancing toys to play with in the new year ?

I’m still having lots of fun with my scroll saw I got last year so, this year, I made my own Christmas decorations (above) ?.

You too. Merry Christmas. I won't be resting though - I'm taking a 40-mile ride Christmas day - should be nice and quiet :)

Nice scroll work. I think I know some of the woods, but tell me, which woods did you use for each of the reindeer?

29 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Nice scroll work. I think I know some of the woods, but tell me, which woods did you use for each of the reindeer?

Thank you Marty ?.

From left to right the woods are Hickory (with Padauk for the nose - the reddest wood I’ve got ), Chamfuta (AKA Pod Mahogany),  Panga Panga, Hickory again (sapwood which is why it is so light), Purpleheart and, finally Oak. The sleigh is Walnut.

How many did you guess?

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Thank you Marty ?.

From left to right the woods are Hickory (with Padauk for the nose - the reddest wood I’ve got ), Chamfuta (AKA Pod Mahogany),  Panga Panga, Hickory again (sapwood which is why it is so light), Purpleheart and, finally Oak. The sleigh is Walnut.

How many did you guess?

Purpleheart, Oak, and Walnut. Never heard of Panga Panga, but it looks nice. Just looked it up and I see that it's very rare. Is there an interesting story on how you aquired it or did you just happen upon a chunk of it in a local hardwood dealer.

Merry Christmas to all and a huge special thanks to @John Eucist and all the moderators here for hosting and running such a great forum to bring this community together. Finding this place, the people in it, and just EUCs in general is my highlight of 2017. I look forward to a great 2018 in all of your company and wish everyone a well balanced and vertical new year. Keep on rollin'. 

Oh and that decoration is awesome @Keith. Nice work and merry Christmas to you too. 

33 minutes ago, William Lee said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Make every moment of the Holidays a wonderful time by spending it with your loved ones. :D

No choice. They won't f.ing leave. :efee565ab0:

ps I gave you your first "up" as a Christmas present, and because that "0" looked  so sad. You'll have to earn the next one  :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, Smoother said:

No choice. They won't f.ing leave. :efee565ab0:

Ah, Christmas! 

This is why my Christmas was spent no further than 30m from a wheel - so there was always an escape plan... 

Archived