What is the best helmet mounted rear view mirror?

I have purchased a rear view mirror for my helmet and had trouble making it useful.  It was hard to adjust properly, hard to see in and fell off and disappeared the first time I fell while wearing it.

I notice that Marty has one a lot different than mine and it seems to work well for him.  Some others seem to have similar ones.

Which one is the best you have found?  I'm just turning to look right now, but riding in a bike lane with traffic, that gets dangerous real fast even at moderate speeds.  Since cars are obviously intent on running over everything that isn't another car, I thought I would ask.  :)

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Catlord17 said:

I have purchased a rear view mirror for my helmet and had trouble making it useful.  It was hard to adjust properly, hard to see in and fell off and disappeared the first time I fell while wearing it.

I notice that Marty has one a lot different than mine and it seems to work well for him.  Some others seem to have similar ones.

Which one is the best you have found?  I'm just turning to look right now, but riding in a bike lane with traffic, that gets dangerous real fast even at moderate speeds.  Since cars are obviously intent on running over everything that isn't another car, I thought I would ask.  :)

Thanks in advance!

You've probably already seen this, but for others who may visit this page I'll post it here. I still love this mirror and it works great after 1+ years of heavy use. All the joints are still perfect. As mentioned in the video, the Velcro attachment isn't that great. Mine is epoxied to the helmet. When I get my full-face helmet I'll be buying another one of these.

I grabbed that mirror several months ago as well based on your review. I agree it's a good mirror but crummy adhesive on the velcro. I pulled it off and put on some real 3M velcro which has worked pretty well. Lately though I just haven't used it. I also have this eyeglasses mirror that I like better because it doesn't stick out as much, but it doesn't work on the thick frames I currently have.

44 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

I grabbed that mirror several months ago as well based on your review. I agree it's a good mirror but crummy adhesive on the velcro. I pulled it off and put on some real 3M velcro which has worked pretty well. Lately though I just haven't used it. I also have this eyeglasses mirror that I like better because it doesn't stick out as much, but it doesn't work on the thick frames I currently have.

I still have one of those eyeglasses mirrors, but it fell out of favor. And of course it doesn't work when you aren't wearing glasses.

If you're looking to upgrade your helmet (and are going full motorcycle), then have a look at wwv.reevu.com

It's been mentioned here on the forum before, but I have since found a really good YouTube review showing how it works... 

I'd be keen to hear if anyone has tried one with an EUC?

My favorite is this $10 mirror from Amazon:

http://amzn.to/2BoeLHL

Fully adjustable with screw-tightenable joints and an adjustable-length metal rod. Good quality clear reflective surface. Don't be fooled by cheaper look-alikes, I've seen some with uneven plastic reflective surfaces, essentially worthless.

I had to attach velcro to the opposite side of the plastic attachment area to affix it to our Hawk modular full face helmets; the mirror comes with velcro on the outside surface. I use heavy duty high-density 3M velcro (400/170) to attach all manner of lights and other objects to my helmet and wheels.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 2.43.15 AM.jpg

Archived