Can a MiniPro be shared by people of different weights?

Hello! I just ordered two MiniPros (320) for my two kids. They are for my kids, but my wife and I would like to use them occasionally. My kids weigh 90-100 lbs. My wife and I weigh 120-180 lbs. I read somewhere in this forum that the MiniPod calibrates itself to the rider's weight, and it needs to be factory-reset anytime a heavier/lighter person gets on. Is this true? How bad is it if you don't reset it? Is it just a minor tweak or does it completely change the nature of the vehicle?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, ephemere said:

Hello! I just ordered two MiniPros (320) for my two kids. They are for my kids, but my wife and I would like to use them occasionally. My kids weigh 90-100 lbs. My wife and I weigh 120-180 lbs. I read somewhere in this forum that the MiniPod calibrates itself to the rider's weight, and it needs to be factory-reset anytime a heavier/lighter person gets on. Is this true? How bad is it if you don't reset it? Is it just a minor tweak or does it completely change the nature of the vehicle?

Thanks!

No tweaks needed.

Just glide and ride.

16 hours ago, ephemere said:

Awesome, thanks. So you're saying my daughter (90 lbs) can get off the MiniPro and I (180 lbs) can get on and start riding with no adjustments?

My kids are going to go nuts when they see these.

Yes, I have found that kids are really eager to ride the MiniPro.  

Adults are hesitant and think that it’s a long learning curve.

The Segway MiniPro and MiniPlus applies to a wide range of ages.

Surprisingly.

On ‎13‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 1:42 AM, ephemere said:

Thanks!

Just step on them minipro's and enjoy them! I am sure that both your kids and your wife will enjoy Ninebot rides.

I've got "too many" minipro's so I can take my friends with me for a ride and 100% of all people who have tried them relly liked them too. My wife is one happy minipro rider (no so for EUC though)

And, yeah, there are no manual tweaks involved to adapt to riders weight. Ninebots are smart enought to adapt automatically to both weight and riding style.

In order for the Ninebot to balance safely, the internal (PID) controler must be adjusted to the rider's weight.

Therefore, a weight sensor was integrated in addition.
Here you can see him inside the case:

5a33e608d7f9d_GewichtsSensor.jpg.1bc34cca16b43f89982b654b56b85ce7.jpg

When ascending, the parameters for the P + I + D ratio are recalculated according to rider weight.

Greetings Donald

The weight measurement will be updated for every ride!

The driver with his body weight is part of the PID regulation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
If the weight is not set to the correct PID parameters, there will be a rule outage.
These then make themselves felt in an extremely sluggish or overdriving driving behavior.

Greetings Donald

On 12/15/2017 at 4:11 PM, donaldduck8 said:

In order for the Ninebot to balance safely, the internal (PID) controler must be adjusted to the rider's weight.

Therefore, a weight sensor was integrated in addition

Somewhat surprising that EUCs can do without a weight sensor, whereas apparently two-wheeled self-balancer need one.

Archived