Electric Unicycle Invention Challenge

GQuirky

Hi! I work at the invention platform Quirky! We've been inspired by the latest King Song's and Ninebots and so we launched an open invention challenge to find the next best idea for a rideable! There are some incredible ideas on this platform for features and functions for the future of the electric unicycle, and so I'd love to see you submit these to Quirky for a chance to see your idea become a real product and earn royalties FOREVER! All you need to do is submit your idea, and Quirky does the rest, manufacturing and distributing your product to major retailers like Best Buy. Quirky never charges, we are all about supporting inventors! Check out the competition, we'd LOVE to hear your best ideas for the next great electric unicycle!! Enter here: https://development.quirky.com/

Does this maybe belong in the General forums, @Keith @esaj @John Eucist ?  It might get more views and ideas there?

I wouldn't mind seeing a rear swiveling kickstand that can be bolted onto the shell of these EUCs so you move it down and rest the wheel on it.  Maybe have a double U or H shaped metal frame with rubber feet on the one end.  It could have a spring ball bearing locking retaining system to keep it in either position.  It would also be nice to have it moulded so when up it just looks like a metal rear fender which blends closely with the shape of the shell.

Existng Ninebot One stands are kind of ugly and stick out like a sore thumb.

17 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Does this maybe belong in the General forums, @Keith @esaj @John Eucist ?  It might get more views and ideas there?

No, I don’t think so. The inventor, as I understand it pays $100 to register his/her idea with Quirky - that makes it commercial in my book.

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I think after their bankruptcy, they may have changed things up a bit?

https://quirky.com/faq/#toggle-id-19

Yes, I’ve just realised the posts I quoted were 8 years old and the original owner went bankrupt More recently so I might be being unfair adit has new owners. However, I still think it is a commercial enterprise so belongs here?

At Quirky, we are trying to invent something smart about Skate boards and bicycles. 
If you have an idea, please submit it in order to help us make the world a better place,
 become an inventor with a patent and make money on royalties in the process
development.quirky.com

Archived