EUC is officially legal in Denmark from Jan 1st 2018

cloudust

On 12/12/2017 at 5:53 PM, Marty Backe said:

This is why I hate regulations. They are created by a team of bureaucrats backed by lawyers so you end up with something like this. Thank God that the car was invented before the modern day mentality of government or we would have cars that could only go 55km/h.

I continue to pray that regulators in the United States never turn their eye towards the EUC.

I think what they had in mind with the ban was children with hover boards. I live in Copenhagen. It's an extremely busy city with complex traffic. New York is similar I guess. It's a very densely planned city, built in a time when the main mode of transportation was walking (and the only cutlery anybody had heard of was a big stabby knife). Most streets are very narrow, and most hours, packed with people. Danes love bikes, so they're everywhere. In the centre of Copenhagen you can out-walk cars. It's also a harbor city where you're at most times next to a watery ledge without a railing. People milling about... dogs, cats, beggars and stoned hippies. And in summer, loads of stupid tourists, who don't know how to behave safely. Traffic safety is difficult to plan for here. I believe that is why they were originally banned.

I still want EUC. The city is perfectly flat so it's still a good city for it. But going fast with one of these here is out of the question. I suspect that's what they were worrying about. 

9 hours ago, DrZoidberg said:

I still want EUC. The city is perfectly flat so it's still a good city for it.

Hills are not really an argument against EUCs. In particular when comparing to cycling, steep hills are an argument rather for than against EUCing.

On 30/12/2017 at 7:08 AM, Luiz said:

Meanwhile in UK we had the second case of euc rider persecution for driving a motorized veicle without insurance with penalty of six points on driving license. :( .

Hi, do you have a link so I can read about this case? I am in Leeds UK and have been riding a 1.5 miles stretch through the city on the cycle 'superhighway' since last Autumn and have not been bothered by any Police, although I am sure none have seen me.

Was this rider on the road, or doing something irresponsible?

L

2 hours ago, UKJarvis said:

Hi, do you have a link so I can read about this case? 

It was apparently read about in the Daily Mail but I have so far been unable to find an article about it. Here is a link to the only instance I know of for the UK. There was speculation on here that a vehicle was damaged and the guy probably refused to pay for it resulting in an argument, involvement of the law, and then the courts.  

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-ended-up-six-points-12031624

While the law is a grey area for these devices we need to be accommodating in such situations. 

There was not much detail of the incident and no mention about veycle damage or argument on the articles that i found  , this is the first time i have heard about this rumor.

On a side note . I have just heard from a electric skater that he was stoped by a policeman while riding on the road in London . The enforcer took his details and  said he would research about the road legality of the e-skate and return to him accordingly.

Hope these are just isolated incidents . 

• 4 weeks later...

Moin Moin , ich muss sagen ,ich wäre froh wenn Sie es in Deutschland überhaupt erstmal schaffen würden E Wheels zu legalisieren! Momentan sind Sie ja nicht Mal in der Lage eine Beschluss fähige Regierung zu bilden !!!! Ich finde es super was DK jetzt mit der Legalisierung von E Wheels geschaffen hat (auch wenn nur 20 km/h),zu Mal ich da jedes Jahr mein Urlaub da verbringe .??

PS. Finde es nur traurig dass Deutschland überall mit reden will aber gegen über neuen immer die Augen zu macht bzw. alles immer zu Tode prüft und nichts erstmal aus probiert!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Silvio V8 said:

Moin Moin , ich muss sagen ,ich wäre froh wenn Sie es in Deutschland überhaupt erstmal schaffen würden E Wheels zu legalisieren! Momentan sind Sie ja nicht Mal in der Lage eine Beschluss fähige Regierung zu bilden !!!! Ich finde es super was DK jetzt mit der Legalisierung von E Wheels geschaffen hat (auch wenn nur 20 km/h),zu Mal ich da jedes Jahr mein Urlaub da verbringe .??

PS. Finde es nur traurig dass Deutschland überall mit reden will aber gegen über neuen immer die Augen zu macht bzw. alles immer zu Tode prüft und nichts erstmal aus probiert!!!!!!!

Google translate:

Moin Moin, I have to say, I would be glad if you could manage to legalize E Wheels! Currently you are not even able to form a decision
capable government !!!! I think it's great what DK has now created with the legalization of E Wheels (even if only 20 km / h),
when I spend my holidays there every year. "

PS. Find it just sad that Germany wants to talk everywhere but against new always 
makes the eyes or everything always checks to death and nothing tried first !!!!

FTFY.

• 1 month later...

Moin Moin , ich bin auch jedes Jahr in Dänemark ( auf Bornholm) im Urlaub zum Fischen! Jetzt kann ich dann mit dem Wheel zum Fischen fahren ?. Wäre super wenn die deutsche Bürokratie Mal bisschen aus dem Puschen kommen würde,unser Geld kassieren sie ja auch Rück zuck ein ??

Archived