Another new Kingsong (16S) Owner

gr8ps

On 1/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, esaj said:

This is somewhat low amount of samples and only accounts for about half of last year (Feb-July 2017), but I think it does give some indication of failure rates:

Here there is a full percentage of marriage for any service call due to electronic or electrical problems (here, mechanical damages and tire punctures are not taken into account)
The percentage of rejects from sold devices during the period February-July 2017 is indicated. In brackets, my comments are highlighted by a frame.

P.S. The recall company for Gotway is not included. Therefore, statistics on the Got are slightly larger in reality.

Inmotin:
V8 - 4.8% (excellent quality: wow :, there were a lot of sales)
V5, +, F - 5.88%
V3c, pro, s - 7.8%

KingSong
KS14B - 3.33%
KS14C - 15% (due to low sales, as the model changed to 14d)
KS14D - was not in the service (selling was enough)
KS16 - 7.33%
KS16S - 1.12%
KS18 - 17,24% (transition to sports)
KS18S - was not in the service (sales were moderate)

GotWay
MCM4 - 18.57%
ACM 680,820 - 36,6%
ACM 1300 - 35% (a small number of sales, according to my personal feelings this is the best of the gothweb)
Msuper 680,820 - 11,11% (the average number of sales, here statistics is more visible)
Msuper 1600 - 36.98% (every 3 users of a pregnant soup met in the service, the statistics could be a little lower, because in my memory there were repeated calls for the same problem)
Monster - 23.4% (a small number of sales)

And here now I will show the statistics of the marriage in percent only on the controllers and sensors of the hall.

Inmotin:
V8 - 1,97% (the standard, as I already said)
V5, +, F - 2.71%
V3c, pro, s - 2,12%

KingSong
KS14B - 2% (reference wheel standard)
KS14C - 10%
KS14D - was not in the service (selling was enough)
KS16 - 3,33% (the percentage of the marriage is halved due to the fuse on the board)
KS16S - 1.12% (reference)
KS18 - 6.89% (the percentage of rejects decreased threefold, 18 of the usual words had problems with the charging connectors and balancing the battery)
KS18S - was not in the service (sales were moderate)

GotWay
MCM4 - 14.28%
ACM 680,820 - 26,6%
ACM 1300 - 14.28% (all problems are of the same type - controllers or hall sensors)
Msuper 680,820 - 9,25%
Msuper 1600 - 34,24% (every 3 users of a pregnant soup met in the service, the statistics could be a little lower, since in my memory there were repeated calls for the same problem)
Monster - 23.4% (a small number of sales)

Final output:
Let's break our conclusion by brands.
- Inmotion is very good with the quality of monocols and this statistics confirms this. Sales were many and the statistics complete. Inmotion keep it up, there is much to grow. But in general. Well done.
- KingSong - the average percentage of rejects for old models (14c, 16 and 18). And the phenominal results for the new sports versions. I also want to note separately 14B - the best wheel for entering the monocoque tusovka in relation to quality. You pay a little, you drive sadly, but not in service: laugh:: laugh:: laugh:
- Gotway - it's bad ... We need to work on quality. No model can compete in quality with either kingsong or inmoshenom. There are weak attempts at Msuper680, 820, but not enough. Msuper1600 - generally horror. 84B and the controller from gothve is a nuclear device. As I have already written many times - buying goths makes sense only when you understand what you are taking. Exceptionally speed. If you are not about the actress, unfortunately, goths should not be considered. I very much hope that the gothwa will draw its quality to the level of the standard set by Inmotion and KingSong.

P.S. If you have something else to count or see - ask questions in the topic - I will try to find answers to them.
Since October 2017, we will have a new program for recording faults and everything will be much better and clearer in it.

Just saw this thread---

These failure rates are horrible and indicative of design issues.  Maybe their  assumptions about  application conditions are too optimistic, or maybe they just don't have the design experience on their staffs.

Failure rates for such a low complexity pcb as our EUC control boards, should be measured in the few parts per million over tens of thousands of hours.  Electronic components (excluding mechanical and electromechanical parts like connectors, relays, etc) really just don't fail over the short life time of EUC, when kept within their specifications.

Those FETS must be seeing either voltage or temperature stress (or both) well beyond their specifications.  Or, perhaps they could be counterfeit or seconds (parts that have been rejected as not meeting the published data sheet).  Or, maybe gate voltage transients exist that stress the device but the pcbs have never been carefully instrumented to observe the power device waveforms across temperature and voltage corners.

The only way failure rates will be driven to something comparable to high volume consumer electronics will be if failures are analyzed to root cause and corrective actions are taken.  Not just replacing the defects and moving on.

But, the profit motive to do that isn't strong when volumes are low.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived