is there any way to upgrade battery capacity on the gotway tesla?

the gotway tesla 850wh battery model is barely in my budget and then if i want to buy a 1020wh phew :whistling: not gonna happen i can maybe try to get lucky with my budget but is there any battery mods that i can use? not neccesaryly to replace buying a 1020 over a 850wh but just so i have some options :) im planning to buy a 1020wh since i really REALLY want to be able to put it in charger overnight and use it allday never charge and easily change route and go further without having to worry about battery life

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

the gotway tesla 850wh battery model is barely in my budget and then if i want to buy a 1020wh phew :whistling: not gonna happen i can maybe try to get lucky with my budget but is there any battery mods that i can use? not neccesaryly to replace buying a 1020 over a 850wh but just so i have some options :) im planning to buy a 1020wh since i really REALLY want to be able to put it in charger overnight and use it allday never charge and easily change route and go further without having to worry about battery life

Normally there is no way to upgrade - both version 850 and 1020 Wh have packs with the same amount of cells, just with different capacities (~2900 mAh vs. 3500 mAh).

Looking at the pictures in 

there seems to be no real space for additional cells...

So upgrading would mean to dispose the 850Wh packs and put some 1020Wh packs inside...

Just now, Chriull said:

Normally there is no way to upgrade - both version 850 and 1020 Wh have packs with the same amount of cells, just with different capacities (~2900 mAh vs. 3500 mAh).

Looking at the pictures in 

there seems to be no real space for additional cells...

So upgrading would mean to dispose the 850Wh packs and put some 1020Wh packs inside...

or put some at the outside but that would be bulky  

how much range can i expect from a 850wh vs a 1020wh? i weigh 80kg and i won accelerate too fast i am used to a 18kmh ninebot mini that beeps and tilts me back when i accelarate too fast it has too much safety settings it beeps loudly when turned on when i step on litterly everything 

i see i can get range over 60km per charge for the 1020wh but what about the 850wh and with my weight 80kg? 

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

how much range can i expect from a 850wh vs a 1020wh? i weigh 80kg

Realistically, heavy weight, high speed and cold temperatures (Krasnodar is quite far South so I’m not sure how cold you do get?) can both reduce range quite a bit, so I suspect the Tesla, with its very high potential speed, is harder to be certain of range than most.

As a ball park figure I’m near your weight and my 340Wh KS wheel with a maximum 25km/h speed gets around 16km in summer before it is not nice to ride so the Tesla 850Wh ought to comfortably do around 40km at the same sort of maximum speed and (say) average 15 degrees C temeperatures. 

If the 1020Wh Tesla truly does 60km (?) then the 850 ought to do 60x850/1020 = 50km so i’d say best case 50 worst case 40km.

18 minutes ago, Keith said:

As a ball park figure I’m near your weight and my 340Wh KS wheel with a maximum 25km/h speed gets around 16km in summer before it is not nice to ride so the Tesla 850Wh ought to comfortably do around 40km at the same sort of maximum speed and (say) average 15 degrees C temeperatures. 

Seems to correspond with

If I could only afford an 840 now or a 1000 later and I didn't have another wheel then I'd probably take the 840 now. You can buy a fast charger and stop at coffee shops which you'd have to do anyway to rest and recover. 

Be advised that as you get more experienced the range increases tremendously, especially when you learn to freewheel down hills. 

I strongly recommend that you not treat wheels as gas tanks because of the performance degradation as voltage goes down (not that I know what voltage actually means, except that when it decreases bad things happen). 

15 hours ago, LanghamP said:

If I could only afford an 840 now or a 1000 later and I didn't have another wheel then I'd probably take the 840 now. You can buy a fast charger and stop at coffee shops which you'd have to do anyway to rest and recover. 

Be advised that as you get more experienced the range increases tremendously, especially when you learn to freewheel down hills. 

I strongly recommend that you not treat wheels as gas tanks because of the performance degradation as voltage goes down (not that I know what voltage actually means, except that when it decreases bad things happen). 

when i get my tesla its gonna be my precious so not even a scratch

• 2 years later...
On 11/28/2017 at 9:34 AM, Shad0z said:

1) i weigh 80kg and i won accelerate too fast

2) i am used to a 18kmh ninebot mini

3) i see i can get range over 60km per charge for the 1020wh but what about the 850wh and with my weight 80kg? 

@Shad0z 1) How did that work out for you 😁(kidding, i know)

2) So was I, it was fun back then... now looking at MSS trying to motivate the price for a wheel that might hold up 3 years🙈

3) You can, at the same speed as 2) above...even after 3 years 🤪

@Boogieman, you have resurrected multiple old, some even several year old threads lately. Maybe consider whether you have new content valuable enough to dig them up from the grave, as the original topic may be quite outdated by now.

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@Boogieman, you have resurrected multiple old, some even several year old threads lately. Maybe consider whether you have new content valuable enough to dig them up from the grave, as the original topic may be quite outdated by now.

OffTopic

Sorry @mrelwood but i happen to own a Tesla...that is multiple years old...and i know @Shad0z personally (we borh own(-ed) ninebot and tesla, so no offense I joke around a bit, but i thought that it was allowed to also reply in old threads without getting a pointer.

If not, I propose You lock old threads for new replies if it creates a havoc for other people. I thought the forum was about learning and also having a bit of fun (and no, its not on the behalf of shadoz, he gets it ;) )

Any other suggestion is welcome, but in the mean time, I consider myself to have the right to ALSO read and reply to old threads, since i cant read any forum rules that says its not allowed. Its not like i only reply tonold threads or only joke around is it?

Sure, You are also allowed to have an opinion and disklike that I reply to old threads, but I hope that goes both ways? A.k.a I may reply to threads i like as long as I am not being insulting. 

You can delete this post after You read it since it's OT, as is Your comment IMO.

Cheers

Boogiman

@Boogieman, I didn’t meant to imply that it’s not allowed or against the rules. And there’s nothing wrong with joking.

As you can see, two posts above @alcatraz replied to the age old thread because he thought it was a relevant and current question. Same happened also in some of the other threads you resurrected. And it will keep happening, because people don’t expect someone to resurrect topics unless the original first post is relevant to the new comment.

Just wanted to bring this out to your attention. You do with it what you will.

I will leave our comments here, because it is relevant to people reading the topic they probably think of being a relatively new one.

Edited by mrelwood