My first EUC (KS16s) - My first day.

Don M. Schiewer

Takes time to learn how to turn properly left and right.  You are already ahead of the curve, learning to ride in 30 minute!  That's amazing!  Now spend the next month practicing turns, backwards, turning backwards, transitioning from forward to backward, going over bumps, jumping off curbs, jumping over curbs, etc...  the more time you have on the wheel, the better you will get.  It just take time...  Enjoy!

On 11/28/2017 at 8:04 PM, Smoother said:

Here.  You've obviously had your faith shaken by something, probably a fall or two.  Tell me if you think this guy has lost any trust in the 16s

Did you see him skid going up the ramp?  crazy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Don M. Schiewer said:

Quick update. I was able to ride the wheel to my brother’s house last night in the dark about 2 miles - I’m progressing on my larger gradual turns.

i discovered I must have a NASCAR driver in my ancestry because I seem to be able to make lefthand turns with ease but still struggle with right hand turns.

i had felt like I regressed a little on Tuesday but realized I must’ve put a bit too much air in the tire and when I dropped the psi a bit I was in much better control.

when learning it is much easier to control with under inflated tires.  with stiff tires, you may get the wobbles.  if you haven't gotten the wobbles, you will.  the key when you get the wobbles is to slow down immediately.  sometimes the wobbles are caused by fatigue.  so get off and rest.  I think it has to do with your legs shaking.  some people have been thrown off their wheel by the wobbles.  when i first started, i had the ligament pain just under the knees aside from the side calf muscle soreness.  I suspected the ligament pain was from the squat i was doing for an hour at a time every day.  Body just needs to rest and heal and I wasn't letting it.  You squat when you are going over rough pavement and if you are a beginner. 

have fun!

• Like 2

I notice I tend to stand turning a bit to the left, and my left turns are easier than my right.

I work on that by going to the local school where there is a 10' circle and 5' circle on the playground and I will stop by and do a few laps in both directions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Don M. Schiewer said:

I seem to be able to make lefthand turns with ease but still struggle with right hand turns

Nascar, LOL.  I had the exact problem, only reversed.  To this day, if I have a choice, I prefer to turn right.  Been trying to force myself to turn left to improve my skills

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, Smoother said:

Never heard of Ingress, except as a word describing getting into a place.  I'll just pretend I know what finish hacking a portal means.

It's a game made by Niantic (company owned by Google), augmented reality game, its on iOS and Google Play, very very addicting whether you're 7 years old or 70!

• Like 1

You might want to take a video of yourself to see if you are obviously canted to one side or the other. Personally I was very "crooked".

When you know you are even, no matter how odd that feels (and it will feel odd), then everything works so much better. Imbalances are host to a whole slew of problems.

There's this sole machine at Walgreens that measures foot pressure. Stand on it and see if you can make your weight even. You might be surprised.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

You might want to take a video of yourself to see if you are obviously canted to one side or the other. Personally I was very "crooked".

When you know you are even, no matter how odd that feels (and it will feel odd), then everything works so much better. Imbalances are host to a whole slew of problems.

There's this sole machine at Walgreens that measures foot pressure. Stand on it and see if you can make your weight even. You might be surprised.

Its funny you should mention that.  My left leg IS about 1/2" to3/4" shorter than my right.  When tailoring trousers, I have to be specific, otherwise, they make both legs the same.

on my 14c I always wore the same boots, and there was an orthotic heal lift on the left to compensate.  But I still prefer right turns, (but only when I need a 180 or 360.  Normal turns I have no favorite.  I have no problem going straight, even with my eyes closed, or looking up at the sky both as recommended by @Mono There's probably something in it, though.

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

yes, but I shoot right handed.

Shooting basketballs, shooting pictures, or shooting guns?

From what I've noticed from teaching many people and including myself is that its harder to turn in the direction that is opposite of your dominate side since the opposite side and leg is what controls the turn

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Shooting basketballs, shooting pictures, or shooting guns?

From what I've noticed from teaching many people and including myself is that its harder to turn in the direction that is opposite of your dominate side since the opposite side and leg is what controls the turn

Guns: right

Hoops: Left

Pictures: both

Soccer, cricket, and field hockey: left

Paintball guns: both; depends on which side of the barricade I need to pop out from.

Must be a left brain/right brain thing.

Tell me truthfully doctor, is there any hope for me?

17 hours ago, Smoother said:

Guns: right

Hoops: Left

Pictures: both

Soccer, cricket, and field hockey: left

Paintball guns: both; depends on which side of the barricade I need to pop out from.

Must be a left brain/right brain thing.

Tell me truthfully doctor, is there any hope for me?

These are all secondary... Your real dominant hand is always your "sex hand!" 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Smoother said:

Why don't you go ahead and pad that thing up a bit.

this is necessary, I have not hit myself but the wheel has crashed even on the technical sheet :D, I have many difficulties to turn right, It's costing me a lot of effort, and every time I lose control jump and the wheel goes on a walk alone and collides with the street furniture and the floor

Edited by RoberAce

It is important to say that I have only three days with the wheel (my first wheel, never rode one before), and yet I have already reached the maximum speed with the wheel

Edited by RoberAce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

He wants us to see that bra, man. Bad :D

On second thought, I think he's got those as his signature. 

I think you're right...

@RoberAce - To avoid annoying too many members, might I suggest a smaller signature... Perhaps combine all the images side-by-side, and drop the resolution a little? 

If you don't have the tools for this, PM me and I'll see if I can help you out. 

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I think you're right...

@RoberAce - To avoid annoying too many members, might I suggest a smaller signature... Perhaps combine all the images side-by-side, and drop the resolution a little? 

If you don't have the tools for this, PM me and I'll see if I can help you out. 

fixed!

9 hours ago, Smoother said:

Well, you're doing well for three days.  Is there a reason you have posted the same six pictures three times in the same thread?  Some might think it excessive.

Some mistake inserting signature, I fixed.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 2/7/2018 at 3:31 AM, RoberAce said:

It is important to say that I have only three days with the wheel (my first wheel, never rode one before), and yet I have already reached the maximum speed with the wheel

Ha. Just revisited this post today...I think you’ve figured out the wheel @RoberAce - lol - love your YouTube channel.