Msuper V3S full case needed... after my fall.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

Ah, you bought a medium?  I assumed you would need a large.  Large, in that color, are $230.  I hope a medium works for you.  Every helmet I look up the reviews say the sizing is wrong, order bigger than you think. Maybe I'm just linking to the wrong one (dark blue)  The teal IS $114 in large.  I'll assume you bought that one.  Yes, that and a can of paint would be a good price.  I'll see if Amazon UK carries them locally.

EDIT minimum price in UK is $218 US.  ANOTHER reason I loved living in the USA, reasonable fricking prices.

my head is 58mm, I tried Gyro L' and it was way too big, 59-63mm, M was 56-59 and it felt snug..... I assume bell is very similar to Gyro if not I can always return....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

my head is 58mm, I tried Gyro L' and it was way too big, 59-63mm, M was 56-59 and it felt snug..... I assume bell is very similar to Gyro if not I can always return....

I had both and found the Bell to be slightly looser (could fit the Bell over my head with the bar on, not so with the Giro). If the Giro was snug then you should be OK. The Bell had less internal padding too so that should offer a little more space.

Investigate spray painting before you do it. Chemical reactions can melt the EPS foam ruining the helmet. You might need special paint.

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very good. I am sooo close to buying a full face helmet. Too many choices :cry2:

Not if you filter to only show those with towel-holder attachment points!  :D

4 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Not if you filter to only show those with towel-holder attachment points!  :D

Yeah, I hear Amazon is having a sale on their "Lawrence of Arabia" line.  You should check it out. Maybe check out the "Lewis and Clark" range too :rolleyes:

when i ordered my ACM in april this year there where story's of cut off with some ACM's.

Just for my own safety i bought the bell full face helmet, after investigate what will be a safe helmet .

It is quit a price for a bike helmet, but safety got it's price i thought.

When my ACM arrive's, i want to be sure that my head is protected when i cut's of because of some wrong production.

So i paid the money for the Bell which is a nice helemet, and you can pull it tight/loos around the head with a wheel within the helmet.

After a couple of 100 km i start to trust the wheel, and now that the ACM is safe and hve no failures ( 3840 km ).

https://www.futurumshop.nl/bell-super-2r-mips-downhill-fietshelm-mat-zwart-wit.phtml

That is where i bought the helmet, but it is in europe, so not for all practical:o

IMG_4376.jpg

38 minutes ago, gotmotion2016 said:

when i ordered my ACM in april this year there where story's of cut off with some ACM's.

Just for my own safety i bought the bell full face helmet, after investigate what will be a safe helmet .

It is quit a price for a bike helmet, but safety got it's price i thought.

When my ACM arrive's, i want to be sure that my head is protected when i cut's of because of some wrong production.

So i paid the money for the Bell which is a nice helemet, and you can pull it tight/loos around the head with a wheel within the helmet.

After a couple of 100 km i start to trust the wheel, and now that the ACM is safe and hve no failures ( 3840 km ).

https://www.futurumshop.nl/bell-super-2r-mips-downhill-fietshelm-mat-zwart-wit.phtml

That is where i bought the helmet, but it is in europe, so not for all practical:o

IMG_4376.jpg

Although you've determined that the ACM is safe :thumbup:, you still wear the helmet?

Are you happy with the helmet? It's comfortable and not too heavy?

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Although you've determined that the ACM is safe :thumbup:, you still wear the helmet?

the chin guard is for face plants, the rest of it is for when some dopy idiot in a car punts you into the air and you land on your head. no?

16 hours ago, Smoother said:

the chin guard is for face plants, the rest of it is for when some dopy idiot in a car punts you into the air and you land on your head. no?

That's an excellent summary of what helmets are good for in EUC riding! Faceplant or idiot in car.

I've resolved to eventually get a full face helmet after resisting it for some time.  I was looking at a POC ski helmet that has a minimalist chin guard and think that might be a happy medium of providing some additional protection without having to go full motorcycle-style helmet.  I'll probably cave on a Bell or Gyro, though. 

45 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

I was looking at a POC ski helmet that has a minimalist chin guard and think that might be a happy medium of providing some additional protection without having to go full motorcycle-style helmet.  I'll probably cave on a Bell or Gyro, though. 

Do you mean a helmet with the breakaway guard like the Artic SL Spin? If so I've got to be honest and say just go for a downhill helmet like the Giro /MET or a full on motorcycle helmet. That little bar seems a bit useless and is likely designed for snow based impacts which probably have very different forces to road based impacts. The downhill helmets look huge and clunky but once on your head they really aren't a big deal. Plus the inside of the bar is lined with foam and rubber so in a severe impact that could push the bar into your mouth you have a final extra layer of protection. Can't see that on that POC system. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived