Did you have your wheel stolen?

outcast00096

Hey guys,

I'm super concerned. I'm always checking ebay for unicycles. I noticed this one. A few red flags went up for me.

1. This is referred to as a "KongSong". Anyone who has bought a unicycle probably knows who manufactured it.

2. There is no charger. A dead giveaway someone stole this thing. A person leaves it at home or has it on their person because they know they are going somewhere.

I'd love to bid on this thing but I know it's probably stolen. Is it yours?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KingSong-Electric-14-Unicycle/152795702370?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D21d741bf05454506b1d12d1a0a6abbb0%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D152795702370&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

It could be a pawn shop selling the wheel, and that could be a typo.  I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly.  It certainly could be hot.  Too bad there isn't like a global serial number registry so we can keep track of these things for people wanting to register their wheels.  I haven't heard of any stolen wheels for quite some time on the forums. 

You would think the first thing someone would do is to post a thread up here if they get a wheel stolen so we all can keep an eye out for it.  Serial number is right  there smack dab on the pedal in the one photo.  Besides @Pingouin's attack, this is the last one I've heard about.  There was also one golden one stolen  IIRC way way back.  Thefts probably occur more often than are reported though.

44 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Hey guys,

I'm super concerned. I'm always checking ebay for unicycles. I noticed this one. A few red flags went up for me.

1. This is referred to as a "KongSong". Anyone who has bought a unicycle probably knows who manufactured it.

2. There is no charger. A dead giveaway someone stole this thing. A person leaves it at home or has it on their person because they know they are going somewhere.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KingSong-Electric-14-Unicycle/152795702370?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41375%26meid%3D21d741bf05454506b1d12d1a0a6abbb0%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D152795702370&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Potentially a great deal. Given that it's used, missing a charger, and has an unknown provenance, I wouldn't bid more than ~$600.

Concerning whether it's stolen, post a question to the seller. I wouldn't straight out ask if it's stolen, but ask where it came from "because you're concerned about how it was used and why it was sold".

Also, I would ask for the mileage. And perhaps ask how exactly it was tested (beyond hitting the power button).

30 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Hey guys,

BTW, I noticed from the motor code, and then another picture, that this is actually a KS16S. I wouldn't tell the seller that.

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe @Jason McNeil has a serial number table and can look up if it's in there, and contact the original buyer to ask if it's been stolen?

Yeah, when all the mistakes in the listing are added up, it doesn't inspire much confidence that the person selling the Wheel actually used it—wrong Wheel size, 'kingsong' all one word, no charger, paucity of any detail info... I checked our serial number database, it's not in there. We really only started importing the 16S after May 2017, this serial is from an earlier February batch

I've had my ninebot e+ stolen last week by garage break in. I posted info about it on local riders Facebook group. 

It would be nice if EUC would be equipped with GPS tracking and remote kill. I believe this problem will only get worse unless manufacturers implement some counter theft measures.

13 minutes ago, outcast00096 said:

Update - Hi sorry not sure of how many miles , no I have not connected to the app , when turned on the unicycle does talk and not sure how it was used befor. Thank you Steve l

Well that says it all. They know nothing about it or where it came from. Still doesn't mean that it was stolen  - Pawn Shop, as was mentioned before.

I would say it's hot too.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, etc.  Ebay, Craigs list Gumtree (UK) Sphock,  all well know fences for stolen stuff.  STILL. A stonking good buy (its not making its way back to its owner any time soon I reckon), especially for someone who already has a charger.  What about you @steve454 is it time for an upgrade?

Its in Orange county.  Why don't one of you LA types go have a gander at it?

There are also people who pass away and the family members sell off the estate on consignment.  I've bought several computer items without power adapters.  Sometimes offices are cleared out, and they don't bother to keep the adapters together with the item (eg. routers, scanners, etc).

11 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

There are also people who pass away and the family members sell off the estate on consignment.  I've bought several computer items without power adapters.  Sometimes offices are cleared out, and they don't bother to keep the adapters together with the item (eg. routers, scanners, etc).

I've got a draw full of stuff with missing chargers. :angry:  Blown up at least one device "trying" a different charger.

"Passed away"!  Hey, do you think this might be the first euc death?:(

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love mine wasn't stolen, but broken instead :/

In France in Paris, a rider who met a potential buyer for his ACMs+ 1300Wh got robbed, because the guy tried his ACM, he flew off with it, impossible to catch up on foot with a +40kph capable EUC...So for those of you who want to sell an EUC without any worries, maybe just try to put a tilt back at 20kph, because you'll be capable of catching the thief.

Most of the time I think that EUC are difficule to steal because we take them with us all the time. For the ebay EUC, I can't say if it's stolen or not, maybe ask why he doesn't have the charger...

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I would say it's hot too.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, etc.  Ebay, Craigs list Gumtree (UK) Sphock,  all well know fences for stolen stuff.  STILL. A stonking good buy (its not making its way back to its owner any time soon I reckon), especially for someone who already has a charger.  What about you @steve454 is it time for an upgrade?

Its in Orange county.  Why don't one of you LA types go have a gander at it?

Actually thought about this KS16B.

31 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Actually thought about this KS16B.

I know nothing about the B, but many here, seem to think the S is far better.  Go for it.  It takes a 3 pin, 67.2V, 2A charger.  Not sure of the pin out, but that can be checked/changed if your current charger has the right plug at least.

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I've got a draw full of stuff with missing chargers. :angry:  Blown up at least one device "trying" a different charger.

"Passed away"!  Hey, do you think this might be the first euc death?:(

So many possibilities it's difficult to say.  Maybe it was in a repo lot where the owner had money owing to the bank, and someone is helping recover the loss by selling off some items.  Maybe it was confiscated at an airport (looking at you @KingSong69).  It could have been with some tools left in an abandoned storage shed, or maybe UPS couldn't complete the delivery as the buyer didn't want to pay import fees so it was abandoned.  Don't you guys watch "Storage Wars / Baggage Battles?"  :w00t2:  Maybe I'm watching waaay too much TV.  :huh:

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

In France in Paris, a rider who met a potential buyer for his ACMs+ 1300Wh got robbed, because the guy tried his ACM, he flew off with it, impossible to catch up on foot with a +40kph capable EUC

Sorry, but that's a little funny:efee612b4b: Like this:

But shouldn't the thief be relatively easy to find here, with the previous correspondence (emails or so)?

On 11/22/2017 at 2:22 PM, Pingouin said:

put a tilt back at 20kph, because you'll be capable of catching the thief.

Better make that 15kph... (and hope the thief doesn't put up a fight, 'cuz I'll be outta breath.) :efee96588e:

35 minutes ago, RayRay said:

Better make that 15kph... (and hope the thief doesn't put up a fight, 'cuz I'll be outta breath.) :efee96588e:

If its a ks14c leave the tilt at max and watch the thief catapult into the air when violent tilt back FINALLY pays off.

On 11/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

It could be a pawn shop selling the wheel, and that could be a typo.  I wouldn't jump to conclusions too quickly.  It certainly could be hot.  Too bad there isn't like a global serial number registry so we can keep track of these things for people wanting to register their wheels.  I haven't heard of any stolen wheels for quite some time on the forums. 

You would think the first thing someone would do is to post a thread up here if they get a wheel stolen so we all can keep an eye out for it.  Serial number is right  there smack dab on the pedal in the one photo.  Besides @Pingouin's attack, this is the last one I've heard about.  There was also one golden one stolen  IIRC way way back.  Thefts probably occur more often than are reported though.

Where would I report my wheel stolen? Which forum?  My InMotion V8 was stolen 2 nights ago. I locked it up and went in a store for 20 minutes, came back and it was gone.  I was at a loss for what to do so filed a police report.  Suggestions would be great.

Tim

3 minutes ago, Tim Koffler said:

Where would I report my wheel stolen? Which forum?  My InMotion V8 was stolen 2 nights ago. I locked it up and went in a store for 20 minutes, came back and it was gone.  I was at a loss for what to do so filed a police report.  Suggestions would be great.

Tim

Make a brand new thread in the General Forums for everyone to see... with details of location, time, etc.  If you have photos of the wheel with description, serial number, any distinctive markings... Maybe screen-capture of your kilometres ridden, stuff like that.

BTW, sorry to hear about the theft.  That really sucks.  I hope someone is able to help you find it.  Maybe check the store or surrounding buildings to see if they have security camera footage?

Archived