Tesla vs. my other unicycles

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, @Toshio Uemura, has Japan embraced the whole electric personal vehicle craze?   Are there lots of e-bikers, electric skateboarders, etc around?  Or has  the illegal aspect put a damper on things in general?  Also, as a tech giant, why hasn't there been a Japanese version of the EUC been produced besides some concept Honda Uni-cub and self-balancing motorcycles?

I'm fairly certain that control boards could be miniaturized even further while focusing on incorporating more durable MOSFET alternatives.  Why isn't there a Sony, Kawasaki, or Yamaha EUC?  Maybe the ROI is too small?

44 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Just curious, @Toshio Uemura, has Japan embraced the whole electric personal vehicle craze?   Are there lots of e-bikers, electric skateboarders, etc around?  Or has  the illegal aspect put a damper on things in general?  Also, as a tech giant, why hasn't there been a Japanese version of the EUC been produced besides some concept Honda Uni-cub and self-balancing motorcycles?

I'm fairly certain that control boards could be miniaturized even further while focusing on incorporating more durable MOSFET alternatives.  Why isn't there a Sony, Kawasaki, or Yamaha EUC?  Maybe the ROI is too small?

I am completely on your page! I am wondering myself.

It's probably because the start of Segways in Japan was slow and many businesses flopped. Segways would be wonderful for security guards and warehouse personnel. But I guess the safety regulations in companies and public transportation are just too strict and restrictive here. Recently it picked up a bit in momentum and I am sure once one of our idol stars is seen on an EUC and televised nationwide, EUCs will appear in the streets out of the ground like mushrooms in the forest.

but ... but .... but... this still may take some time. But when that magic line will be crossed some day, and the market is there, things will go fast and you can be sure that Honda and others will contribute and accomplish quantum leaps in EUC technology. The technology is there, so I guess, it's just a matter of time, as with everything here in Japan. We are a very homogeneous people. Once things happen they happen fast and everywhere.

For now, we probabely have less than 100 e_horse riders nationwide (my guess!)

11 hours ago, Toshio Uemura said:

and you can be sure that Honda and others will contribute and accomplish quantum leaps in EUC technology

I can't see a large corporation making EUCs. Large corporations have deep pockets and litigation lawyers ALWAYS go for the deepest pockets when a suit is to be filed. No one in the west is going to sue HotWay or KrackSong for 4 reasons;

1: no one in the west knows who they are and how deep their pockets are. 

2. Trying to sue from the west in China would be a legal, technical, logistical, and cultural nightmare.

3. China has a completely different view on consumer rights.

4. These Chinese cottage industries have no official representation in the west( like Honda of North America), so those entities don't exist to be sued  

no lawyer would touch it. And if they did, AND were getting somewhere, the accused company would simply disappear in the mist, like it was never there. One month later a NEW company would start making wheels in the same workshop (tongue in cheek when I say NEW)

having said that, just trying to get a simple cracked axle replaced in Europe, Under the 2year European university warranty laws is proving to be impossible, so imagine how difficult it would be to get any satisfaction out of China.  

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I can't see a large corporation making EUCs. Large corporations have deep pockets and litigation lawyers ALWAYS go for the deepest pockets when a suit is to be filed. No one in the west is going to sue HotWay or KrackSong for 4 reasons;

1: no one in the west knows who they are and how deep their pockets are. 

2. Trying to sue from the west in China would be a legal, technical, logistical, and cultural nightmare.

3. China has a completely different view on consumer rights.

4. These Chinese cottage industries have no official representation in the west( like Honda of North America), so those entities don't exist to be sued  

no lawyer would touch it. And if they did, AND were getting somewhere, the accused company would simply disappear in the mist, like it was never there. One month later a NEW company would start making wheels in the same workshop (tongue in cheek when I say NEW)

having said that, just trying to get a simple cracked axle replaced in Europe, Under the 2year European university warranty laws is proving to be impossible, so imagine how difficult it would be to get any satisfaction out of China.  

In fact, large Corporations like Honda are already producing EUCs, even though I would not buy any of those yet; but as I said: in time and with the demand rising over the 25% one day they might produce something I would buy!

Mind blowing, is it nod! Imagine the Z10 being able to travel sideways. That would be it!

16 minutes ago, EU GUY said:

Did you connect the charger to the outlet first before the tesla?

I have an outlet with a switch. So at first I connected everything first and than switch the switch of the outlet on. This didn't work, so I switched on the EUC first, then the outlet switch, and it worked. Now I am connecting and switching on the charger first, then I connect the EUC without switching it on. That works perfect. So may be the problem was, that I did not switch the outlet on first. 

Thanks for clarifying. Does that actually make a difference? I gues it does, but I don't know why. ?

Archived