My Tesla Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

OK. The pedals are trapezoidal.  8-3/8 x 4-1/4 x 7-3/8 x 4-1/4     Each corner has a ~1/2" radius.  The width of the pedal in the center is 4-5/16

I don't do metric :)

Good info, always wondered if the Gotway pedals were larger than Ninebot.  Very close in size.  8-1/8 x 4-5/8 x 7-3/8 x 4-5/8.  Similar radius in the corners.  The width of the pedal in the center is 4-11/16.

Edited by steve454
Put 4-1/4 instead of 4-5/8 for the second measurement
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Shad0z said:

about the reliability of the tesla is it worse than others gotway models or the same? how big are the chances that it will fail? I know it hasent been out that long

but is there a big chance that it would fail if i bought one?

and should i check the insides after a while if it works?

If it works when you first turn it on I think it'll be just as good as other wheels. I have almost 200-miles on mine with zero problems.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

I know @Shad0z rattles on a lot and asks A LOT of questions.  But some of you may not realize he's only a kid.  15 yrs old I think. So cut him some slack on the pocket money aspect.  I never once thought he was begging for funds, other than from his parents.

Now, as for his tiring lust for the Tesla:  WE KNOW, we get it.  Enough already.  Save up some money and buy something.

And BTW nobody "needs 40kph".

about the questions i just want to make sure i get the right thing and the other comments i just ended up typing something over and over again without realizing when i just needed to type it once. .

and i havent begged anyone not even my parents for money i have been out working my ass off 

i made a very wrong impression in here now you know my age i am going to be generalized a lot :blink1: i just want to forget what happended before it is not how i am as a person...

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

If it works when you first turn it on I think it'll be just as good as other wheels. I have almost 200-miles on mine with zero problems.

ok sounds good that the one question i have been hunting down on this forum

trying to find an answer thanks

Edited by Shad0z

34 minutes ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Marty, the only thing i need the extra range for is to rescue you out of the mountains.. ?

Lol seriously though the only time i need more than 30 mile range is when I’m out riding with you guys. Pretty sure you’d let me use your ACM, if need be,.. for your own safety ?

Then surely you can't get a Tesla because I need my Backup Team :lol:

But in all seriousness, you would love the Tesla. I know how you love to carve, ride backwards, etc. All of this much better on the Tesla :thumbup:

• Like 2

It’s probably both. Tesla’s pedals are higher and angled up slightly which kinda forces you to squeeze the wheel when you stand on it. That’s why it’s so easy to maneuver, but the acm feels more planted and stable(in my opinion) because  the pedals are lower, even though the Tesla has a lower center of gravity. 

I just realized a lot of what I’m saying won’t make sense to most of you guys because I’m comparing the Tesla to a one of a kind modded Acm. But even with all the things that annoy me about the Tesla it’s still an awesome quick wheel. If only i can figure out a way to fit a wider tire on it without having to destroy the shell. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow Marty i can’t believe you’re pulling that off. That’s would ride like a dream! An ACM with Tesla’s power :rolleyes::dribble::w00t2:

also im already starting to like the Tesla more. I put it in soft mode and it feels more like the medium mode I’m used to on the ACM. I will start enjoying it more after the pain is gone, hopefully. 

Thanks for the encouraging words @Meng Yang :thumbup:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm in the process of acquiring the latest model - with the Tesla motor and firmware. ACM forever! :D

Haha, typical Marty. Speedyfeet, or does Jason have them too? Also, I'm guessing a 1600Wh upgrade is "accidentally" going to slip in there?:efee8319ab:

Good luck beta testing GWs latest sketchy contraption... hoping they have thicker cabling this time... looking forward to see your info/videos with a look at the insides!

7 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Wow Marty i can’t believe you’re pulling that off. That’s would ride like a dream! An ACM with Tesla’s power :rolleyes::dribble::w00t2:

Not much to pull off, just pull out the bills from the wallet:efee47c9c8: Looks official, ACM2 = ACM with Tesla motor (and supposedly firmware).

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-acm2-16-inch-electric-unicycle-1600wh

• Like 1

As far as leg pain goes, you could try mounting extra padding, i fount if you mount about 9mm thick padding about an inch below the existing padding it hits the sweet spot where the wheel is a lot more comfy but does not feel at all wider. It's about spreading the pressure out and using the arch of your calf where there is a gap between you and the wheel and fill it with foam. a few of my videos show what i did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Haha, typical Marty. Speedyfeet, or does Jason have them too? Also, I'm guessing a 1600Wh upgrade is "accidentally" going to slip in there?:efee8319ab:

Good luck beta testing GWs latest sketchy contraption... hoping they have thicker cabling this time... looking forward to see your info/videos with a look at the insides!

Not much to pull off, just pull out the bills from the wallet:efee47c9c8: Looks official, ACM2 = ACM with Tesla motor (and supposedly firmware).

https://www.speedyfeet.co.uk/collections/electric-unicycle/products/gotway-acm2-16-inch-electric-unicycle-1600wh

I'm not sure if I can say where I'm getting this just yet. Nobody actually has them yet (including Speedyfeet), but I may be the first to get one in the States.

I think this is just a maturing of the ACM, so I don't think it's sketchy at all. Definitely getting the 1600wh.

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

From what we understand, it’s a solid 35 mile (56 km) wheel, @ 1020wh. Correct?

It's a 35-mile wheel for me. I can baby it and get into the low 40's, but if just want to ride it without considering speeds and such, I'll plan a route that is under 35-miles.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

From what we understand, it’s a solid 35 mile (56 km) wheel, @ 1020wh. Correct?

I'm 57kg, and on my last range/speed test, I estimate cruising mostly at Final Alarm will net me about 50 km in total. On slower social trips, it'll probably net me about 80 km. Not bad, but personally, I can use more time on the wheel.

• Like 3

On 12/17/2017 at 10:38 AM, Marty Backe said:

I'm not sure if I can say where I'm getting this just yet. Nobody actually has them yet (including Speedyfeet), but I may be the first to get one in the States

I seem to remember reading that, moving forward, Gotway would be using the latest Tesla motor and firmware on all newly-manufactured ACMs and MSupers. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, who_the said:

I seem to remember reading that, moving forward, Gotway would be using the latest Tesla motor and firmware on all newly-manufactured ACMs and MSupers. 

Yes, thats correct, thing is that those wheel didnt come to light until now.

Speedy's announcement are the first "real" confirmed ones for the ACM. Lets see how long it will take, until @Marty Backehas one :-) 

If one, then he deserves the first tests :-)

Still waiting for an MSuper V3s+ "V2" announcement.....

• Like 1

Sooo it me a couple of days but im happy to report that im starting to like the tesla more and more. Went on a short ride(8miles) up and down the glendale hills last night and loved how easy it is to push up the hills. Definitely an improvement over the ACM. Not that the ACM is lacking power, but the Tesla is felt easier to push up hills, probably because of the added height so im able to grip more of the wheel with my legs/calves. 

Tesla is looking more and more like the perfect wheel for me, just need to make one tiny improvement, A FATTER TIRE. My comfortable cruising speed with my 2.5"ACM is around 22-23mph and i can easily push it to 26-27mph. With the Tesla however, i dont feel safe riding over 18mph :efeee20b79:. not cool! maaaybe need to put more miles on it to build up my confidence.. but so far so good:thumbup:

• Like 2