My Tesla Triumphs, Tribulations, and Failures

28 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

Another very nice purchase A+  Could you do a comparison between Msuper and Tesla (if im not mistaking I read somewhere that Tesla can go faster :w00t2:).

Main difference is the wheel size and the drive behaviour/mode....Tesla has new firmware with frickin hard pedal settings.

Other than that its hard to compare 16/18...as they just have a different behaviour in general, just because of the wheel size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

Main difference is the wheel size and the drive behaviour/mode....Tesla has new firmware with frickin hard pedal settings.

Other than that its hard to compare 16/18...as they just have a different behaviour in general, just because of the wheel size.

Yes, I wouldn't bother comparing the Tesla against the MSuper. Apples and oranges really. If I was really wanting to go fast I might stick with the MSuper because it's heavier and feels a bit more stable at extreme speeds.

The Tesla is very nimble and has an amazingly smooth ride.

• Upvote 3

Just now, who_the said:

Tesla vs. MSuper speed test? Good time to add in a full-face helmet review alongside.

I think you like speed tests. I'll loan you my Tesla for the test :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Nothing dramatic. I was stopped, looking at my phone, looked up and got distracted and somehow lost my balance enough that the wheel escaped and flew about 3+ meters away from me, doing a few spins in the process. Briefly upset at my stupidity and scratched shell. But now I no longer need to baby it :thumbup:

Puhhh! And I was afraid you had already tried to practice the handle dismount I showed and recommended earlier. ?

But I still believe, we have to practice for utmost skill and safety to not scratch and hurt our e_Horses and ourselves. Am I alone with this ridiculous riding religion I preach ... ? ? 

But looking at the bright side, Marty, there is still the Z10 coming up to practice the no scratch philosophy I am trying to promote here. A second chance for you. ? And now you can also start to practice the handle out dismount with your Tesla without remorse or fear.

Stay save! The Tesla is a nervous beast.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Toshio Uemura said:

But I still believe, we have to practice for utmost skill and safety to not scratch and hurt our e_Horses and ourselves. Am I alone with this ridiculous riding religion I preach ... ? ? 

Impossible unless you completely harness the wheel to yourself and use the Rehab1 Silicone Condom.  :) Even using my custom covers has not prevented scratches on my wheels.  Protect it yes but even the best riders with years of experience end up with scratches. Enjoy! 

• Like 2

^yep^

You can take steps to prevent but you can't eliminate damage to either the wheel or yourself. If your strongly personal risk averse or obsessive about the appearance of yourself or your stuff ... your in for a frustrating time.

Do yourself a favor, grab a knife or fork or file or ... and put a few good scratches on it as soon as you take it out of the box. There is no reason to go through all the worry and sweat between day one and scratch one. Just get it out of the way and accept it.

12 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:blink:  How can you even tell that is five beeps in a row?  I guess you've turned off both first alarms hey?  Sounds like a continuous beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep to me.... :lol:  Do you have tiltback off too?

I've found that lithium ion batteries discharge on their own extremely slowly so I don't know if two weeks of non-usage would be that noticeable unless there is some parasitic draw happening somehow or the batteries are old.  Riding fast will tend to be the primary cause of increased battery drain in addition to dropping temperatures as far as I have seen and read.  

Icic. Well, its kinda cool today. Cloudy without the sun. Guess speed was the main culprit for eating away battery level.

You guessed right. Both alarms turned off. Tiltback also turned off. Even with the non-stop beeping, sometimes its difficult to hear it over the wind in my ears at 30 mph, plus breeze from the sea and the motoring trucks didn't help either. However, I'm glad its actually possible to cruise at Tesla's final alarm speeds for hours. Not bad!

• Like 1

Can understand how it feels to be constantly hit by tiltback coz my other wheel is the V8. While I can ride up to 33 kph on my V8 at extreme tiltback, its no fun and not safe.

For Tesla, I don't need the tiltback coz so far, I can still hear the 5-beeps. I read that the final alarm comes on at 80% power output. Thus, there's still the 20% buffer. What I do is the moment I hear the 5-beeps, I slow marginally, then when the beeping is gone, I up my speed again to reach 5-beeps. Rinse & repeat for the cruise. So, as long as I don't go too far into the 5 beeps, I'm safe. Just have to keep speeding up & down around the 5-beeps. Anyway, I've tested it safe to reach 53 kph. The 5-beeps occurs at 48 kph when fully charged. I know how long or how it feels to get from 48 kph to 53 kph - and it takes some time, like about 5 secs if I'm slowly increasing speed. Thus, as long as I back out from the 5-beeps promptly, I'm safe. Also, Brad Webster and Tishawn Fahie have already shown the actual air-lift speed test to be 66 kph (compared to original 70 kph in specs sheet). Thus, given that the specs sheet also stated the lab-tested, weight-laden (I bet its a 70 kg rider/weight) cutoff speed of the Tesla was 60 kph, I figured the real-life cutoff for me would be anywhere between 55-58 kph (for a 58 kg rider like me). Thus, constant cruising at "DDDDD" has been fine so far.

Edited by Meng Yang
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, stevedig said:

Do yourself a favor, grab a knife or fork or file or ... and put a few good scratches on it as soon as you take it out of the box

That would be hard to watch!  :facepalm: (Please capture on video)  

5 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Actually that's not true, I do have some minor scrapes here and there.  :crying:

OMG! Sorry to hear buddy.  :( Hang in there!

Suggestion: Make sure your ultra soft precious polishing rags don’t contain any remnant toe nail clippings.  Those can be brutal!:laughbounce2:

• Like 3

Filmed at the Santa Fe Dam bike trail. This is part of a 30+ mile continuous bike path from the Long Beach ocean to the San Gabriel mountains. I ride parts of this trail weekly, and there are offshoots which go on for miles and miles. There are hundreds of miles of quality trails like this in Southern California.

You have so many exciting areas to ride! Never gets old! Watch your back though...

24780383998_2d0c428b41_b.jpg

• Like 3

Filmed at the Santa Fe Dam bike trail. This is part of a 30+ mile continuous bike path from the Long Beach ocean to the San Gabriel mountains. I ride parts of this trail weekly, and there are offshoots which go on for miles and miles. There are hundreds of miles of quality trails like this in Southern California.

OMG! That's the perfect piece of music for riding a Messla, eh, I mean Tesla. Are you going to name her "Luck"?  ?Luck be a lady tonight....you have an un lady like way of running out?  Priceless 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

That would be hard to watch!  :facepalm: (Please capture on video)  

Yeah, sarcasm is my life... :) 

I'm just saying; People buy these beautiful euc's, and I have a few nice looking devices myself, but then they they armor plate the thing so instead of riding around a beautiful euc they ride something around that looks like a 5 year old got after it with glue and foam pads (or) a teenager with a pocket full of condoms attacked (or) ...

There isn't a bike on the planet that hasn't been dropped at least once and they have 2 wheels and kick stands. an euc is a single wheel device. it rests on it's side by default. euc vanity seems an exercise in futility to me. yeah, they can be quite expensive and you want to maintain and care for them but... don't you have to accept what they are and how they are used? Some things just are. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2017 at 2:07 AM, Marty Backe said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love, the "safe and careful" rider. So what does he do, he buys a Gotway Tesla :shock2: :blink: :o :confused1:

:cheers:

:lol:  That's probably why it's just sitting around since I bought it!  Gotta keep that gloss glossy and scratch free!  :ph34r:

BTW how do you put that copyrighted music onto your videos?  Doesn't Youtube complain and do like DMCA takedowns of the videos or remove the soundtrack?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 1