We are the Original Inventors of the Solowheel - Ask us your questions!

Inventist

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello.  My "ask your SoloWheel questions" is.  Did Inventist or Shane Chen ever contracted/licensed the use of the original SoloWheel controller for a wheel company with Georgia Institute of Technology (GeorgiaTech) background in China?

Do you plan on bringing out new unicycles with over 400Wh capacity (preferably double that) and well as stronger motors and a better battery status indicator?

The Current Model of the Solowheel has 1500W of power. The next generation Solowheel (the Solowheel Xtreme) will be coming out later this year. It will have 1800W of power, an LED battery indicator as well as a more powerful motor. It will have many improvements overall. 

When is that "donut shaped" Solowheel going to be available to the public?

That would be the Solowheel Orbit. The Orbit will not be out for quite a while. We do have a prototype, but it has a ways to go until it is ready for the public.  Right now we are focusing on the Solowheel Xtreme. 

Hello.  My "ask your SoloWheel questions" is.  Did Inventist or Shane Chen ever contracted/licensed the use of the original SoloWheel controller for a wheel company with Georgia Institute of Technology (GeorgiaTech) background in China?

I don't have a good answer for you about this, However I recommend looking at this web page for some history: http://solowheel.com/solowheel/brand

The Current Model of the Solowheel has 1500W of power. The next generation Solowheel (the Solowheel Xtreme) will be coming out later this year. It will have 1800W of power, an LED battery indicator as well as a more powerful motor. It will have many improvements overall. 

But I am interested in the battery - will that increase considerably in size?

That would be the Solowheel Orbit. The Orbit will not be out for quite a while. We do have a prototype, but it has a ways to go until it is ready for the public.  Right now we are focusing on the Solowheel Xtreme. 

What?
I pre-ordered Orbit. I was told that the Orbit can be on sale soon after the Chinese New Year.
Or do you have reliable information?

What?
I pre-ordered Orbit. I was told that the Orbit can be on sale soon after the Chinese New Year.
Or do you have reliable information?

Chinese new year? That's less than a month away, isn't it? From the way Inventist was speaking it didn't sound like it was going to be out that fast - after all, they're "focusing on the Solowheel Xtreme", and my understanding is that even THAT isn't out yet.

I am really disappointed. Promises no matter what, to give the client. I swallowed salesmen selling the speech as a whole without chewing. Now have to patiently wait ..  :wacko:

To be blunt, not good customer service AT ALL from whatever salesman you dealt with. If Inventist were serious about their customer service they would be contacting you, apologising and offering you the option of a full refund.

So, Inventist ... are you going to do that?

No. I'm not going to cancel. Waiting .. Orbit must obtain. It is so cool. Waiting for a miracle :D

In which case I hope the Orbit turns out to be everything you hope it is - and I will be most interested to hear your views when you get it.

However I STILL feel that the salesman you dealt with was feeding you a delivery date that he KNEW was "pie in the sky" ... so even if you don't accept a refund, Inventist still owes you an apology!

It does all seem a bit dodgy sounding at the moment.  

I would be looking for reassurances periodically so this doesn't drag on too long - it sounds to me that it could be the end of this year at best!

:unsure:

Hi Mr Inventist :)

Have just joined this forum and have been a user of a 1500 Watt Solowheel since June 2014 and am having lots of fun with it.

I have a few questions:

I got a mail from your sales rep. in the Netherlands saying that starting this year, the Solowheel will get a 192Wh battery instead of the Original 132Wh.

- Is this correct?

- Can this battery be retrofitted in existing models? I am getting about 14 km max. out of the battery and more would be better of course).

I also got a message after me asking for the max. speed of the Solowheel. It said that if I (as the customer) would sign a waver form, there could be a Solowheel with can do 20 km/hour). Is this correct?

Also, if this circuitry board for a 20 km/h Solowheel is available, could it be retrofitted into a 2014 model 1500 Watt Solowheel.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Okay. Good to know that I should hold my breath until the Orbit arrives.  :D

vee73, If you ever to know more information on your pre-order, I suggest contacting us by phone or email. You can find the information here at: http://inventist.com/index.php?option=com_aicontactsafe&view=message&layout=message&pf=1&redirect_on_success=&Itemid=143

Hi Mr Inventist :)

Have just joined this forum and have been a user of a 1500 Watt Solowheel since June 2014 and am having lots of fun with it.

I have a few questions:

I got a mail from your sales rep. in the Netherlands saying that starting this year, the Solowheel will get a 192Wh battery instead of the Original 132Wh.

- Is this correct?

- Can this battery be retrofitted in existing models? I am getting about 14 km max. out of the battery and more would be better of course).

I also got a message after me asking for the max. speed of the Solowheel. It said that if I (as the customer) would sign a waver form, there could be a Solowheel with can do 20 km/hour). Is this correct?

Also, if this circuitry board for a 20 km/h Solowheel is available, could it be retrofitted into a 2014 model 1500 Watt Solowheel.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Its great to hear that you are enjoying your Solowheel! I'm not sure as to the specific "Wh", but the new Solowheel Xtreme will have a larger battery. The new battery is a different shape and won't be compatible with previous Models of the Solowheel. 

Archived