MIA Forum Members Where Are They Now?

Okay what's the scoop on these members who have gone missing?  Have they wisely given up riding these one wheeled death and injury traps, or have they just moved on to greener pastures and other less hazardous activities?  Can we now talk freely about them behind their backs and air out their dirty laundry?  Feel free to add names to the list of the lost but not forgotten... :efee8c29ce:.  Lest we forget our fellow EUC brethren and sisthren.

If you do not show up and reply to this post, I will have to officially close my detailed files on you, and the smack talk shall begin.  :whistling:

@The Fat Unicyclist - long time rider, addictive Pineapple Lumps candy pusher, New Zealand's best known Xima Lhotz rider.  He's back! :w00t2:

@Cloud - moderator extraordinaire, KingSong maniac, bursitis sufferer, where ya be man?  My psychic summoning powers have been defeated.

@Carlos E Rodriguez - rubber of people the wrong way master, face planter perfectionist, here everyday then suddenly gone forever...

@HEC - most annoying avatar member, smart as heck, thought you were a dude all this time until I visited your info page, gone way too soon, we miss you.

@Greg Spalding - pediatrian with the most unusual fashion sense, jumping on the EUC bandwagon like an unstoppable madman, was looking forward to the ride learning progress notes, never to be seen again.

@thefork - Swedish V5 rider master, relative of "thespoon," uncanny twin look-alike to the host dude of The Amazing Race Canada. Still alive and kicking!

@nomad - spectacular Msuper crash survivor.  Thought you were in it for the long haul, where did you go?

@freetheoranges - dead ringer for "Sylar" from "Heroes," strange frequenter of the Discord chat and only the Discord chat, never quite understood your username meaning. Back after a faceplant!

@Bryan Wells - Ninebot addict and former KS18 rider, provider of large footed pedal adapters for those in need, grew a handlebar mustache and vanished into thin air... I'm thinking UFO abduction!

@Merrittous MonoWheel - Monster Merritt Mountain riding enthusiast, dared to ride in Vancouver, never to be seen again...

@John Eucist - I swore I thought Eucist was your real last name until it dawned on me, felt stupid about that for a while, but then I came to my senses.  Are the collections of various EUCs now collecting dust?  What happened to the one wheeled passion, man? Ever present in the background doing stuff!

Who am I missing?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love, they are not all missing, @John Eucist is a very active, indeed the key, moderator behind the scenes and was here only 7 hours ago. @The Fat Unicyclist Also logs in regularly (I've been spying on him ?) indeed only 3 minutes ago - but seems to have been silenced I am not at all sure why?

I vaguely remember @Cloud saying some sort of goodbye, very much missed but I think his bursitis got the better of him?

I wonder if @Rehab1 might know what happened to @Greg Spalding?

@HEC is also much missed, hasn’t been here since March but stopped almost in mid sentence so a puzzling disappearance that one? Most of the others very suddenly stopped too? 

Pehaps the oil companies, or a certain very protective EUC manufacturer, are slowly bumping off any threats they see to their fading dominance ? there is obviously a conspiracy to be investigated here quick call The National Enquirer! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXKH0jtoAccdCqpWLKNhC

Let's start by crossing this Fat Unicyclist off that list, because I'm back! 

Following my most awesome trip, unicycling in California, Western Australia and Singapore, I returned home to a backlog of chaos, and an election to run - well not quite run it, but I was involved enough to be frantically busy for the duration. 

I kept up with things enough to hear about the official announcement of the KS18L, and to be disappointed that the battery isn't larger... but then again, maybe if I wait...

So thanks for thinking of me everyone, missing me @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and even spying on me @Keith!

Now I'm going to get noisy again, and hopefully finally decide on the new wheel(s) I'm going to buy. 

4 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay what's the scoop on these members who have gone missing?  Have they wisely given up riding these one wheeled death and injury traps, or have they just moved on to greener pastures and other less hazardous activities?  Can we now talk freely about them behind their backs and air out their dirty laundry?  Feel free to add names to the list of the lost but not forgotten... :efee8c29ce:.  Lest we forget our fellow EUC brethren and sisthren.

If you do not show up and reply to this post, I will have to officially close my detailed files on you, and the smack talk shall begin.  :whistling:

@The Fat Unicyclist - long time rider, addictive Pineapple Lumps candy pusher, New Zealand's best known Xima Lhotz rider

@Cloud - moderator extraordinaire, KingSong maniac, bursitis sufferer, where ya be man?  My psychic summoning powers have been defeated.

@Carlos E Rodriguez - rubber of people the wrong way master, face planter perfectionist, here everyday then suddenly gone forever...

@HEC - most annoying avatar member, smart as heck, thought you were a dude all this time until I visited your info page, gone way too soon, we miss you.

@Greg Spalding - pediatrian with the most unusual fashion sense, jumping on the EUC bandwagon like an unstoppable madman, was looking forward to the ride learning progress notes, never to be seen again.

@thefork - Swedish V5 rider master, relative of "thespoon," uncanny twin look-alike to the host dude of The Amazing Race Canada.

@nomad - spectacular Msuper crash survivor.  Thought you were in it for the long haul, where did you go?

@freetheoranges - dead ringer for "Sylar" from "Heroes," strange frequenter of the Discord chat and only the Discord chat, never quite understood your username meaning.

@John Eucist - I swore I thought Eucist was your real last name until it dawned on me, felt stupid about that for a while, but then I came to my senses.  Are the collections of various EUCs now collecting dust?  What happened to the one wheeled passion man?

Who am I missing?

@Carlos E Rodriguez was an EE I think. Perhaps a bit opinionated, but not everyone is saintly.

You failed to mention @SuperSport who, though making a cameo appearance from time to time, seems to have outgrown us and left the nest.

33 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXKH0jtoAccdCqpWLKNhC

Let's start by crossing this Fat Unicyclist off that list, because I'm back! 

Following my most awesome trip, unicycling in California, Western Australia and Singapore, I returned home to a backlog of chaos, and an election to run - well not quite run it, but I was involved enough to be frantically busy for the duration. 

I kept up with things enough to hear about the official announcement of the KS18L, and to be disappointed that the battery isn't larger... but then again, maybe if I wait...

So thanks for thinking of me everyone, missing me @Hunka Hunka Burning Love and even spying on me @Keith!

Now I'm going to get noisy again, and hopefully finally decide on the new wheel(s) I'm going to buy. 

Glad you're back! So, did you support the winning team back home?

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Okay what's the scoop on these members who have gone missing?

Dead from EUC crash?:efeebb3acc:

9 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

There's @Dingfelder who Bought an MSuper then had all sorts of EUCs and physical problems, then dropped off.

Yea, a few times I considered PMing (because that sends a mail). So happy and excited about the wheel (and he needed that from the other stuff he told!) and then, gone. Hm.

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

@John Eucist - I swore I thought Eucist was your real last name until it dawned on me, felt stupid about that for a while, but then I came to my senses.

You just made at least one other person feel really stupid. Wonder who that could be? But at least certain people have the "English is not my native language" excuse.:efeec46606:

Or, shocking plot twist, this really is his last name!

1 hour ago, litewave said:

You failed to mention @SuperSport who, though making a cameo appearance from time to time, seems to have outgrown us and left the nest.

He recently put some nice Halloween ride videos on Youtube, if I'm not mistaken. So he just doesn't post here much. More of a Facebook guy, I believe. But looks active.

There's inevitable "churn" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churn_rate ) to these sorts of things, while many of them probably still ride their wheels, they might have grown tired of talking about them all the time... and let's face it, a lot of the forum threads are repeats of old threads with new people going over the same things and same questions that have been discussed a lot of times before  :P  Also, as meepmeepmayer reminded above, many people might prefer Facebook over separate forums.

44 minutes ago, esaj said:

There's inevitable "churn" ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churn_rate ) to these sorts of things, while many of them probably still ride their wheels, they might have grown tired of talking about them all the time... and let's face it, a lot of the forum threads are repeats of old threads with new people going over the same things and same questions that have been discussed a lot of times before  :P  Also, as meepmeepmayer reminded above, many people might prefer Facebook over separate forums.

Although I'm on Facebook, it seems the quality of discourse there is very much sub-par to the Forum. Long live the Forum :clap3:

My only concern is the single-point failure, that being our benefactor @John Eucist (to make you feel better @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, it was a long time before it clicked that, "Hey, that's really not his last name" :facepalm:). If he gets run over by a Onewheel, what happens to all of us (the virtual us) :confused1:

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Although I'm on Facebook, it seems the quality of discourse there is very much sub-par to the Forum. Long live the Forum :clap3:

My only concern is the single-point failure, that being our benefactor @John Eucist (to make you feel better @Hunka Hunka Burning Love, it was a long time before it clicked that, "Hey, that's really not his last name" :facepalm:). If he gets run over by a Onewheel, what happens to all of us (the virtual us) :confused1:

Don't worry, when @John Eucist becomes a Bitcoin-millionaire (if it hasn't already happened), he can pay for the forums for years in advance  ;)   Or maybe he's left a will that names who will get the admin-account? :P But yeah, since John foots the bills for the forums, it makes sense he's the administrator, of course should something happen then I guess the forums will run until IPS (not the wheel company but Invision Power Services) figures out no ones paying the bills anymore and shuts us down... Don't know if they have any policy where someone else could step in to take the reins, or if it's forum down the toilet by default.

The French forums (espritroue) kind of parallel this one, so that can be our backup in the worst case:efee47c9c8: They'll surely give us an English language section should the unthinkable happen.

And there's this very inactive subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ElectricUnicycle/ . Looking at it, I guess we should spam some links to this forum there - they're recommending Ninebots and Solowheels there:shock2:

That would be a dark day for the EUC world if this forum disappears as it is a wealth of information. :blink:  Not to mention a fun place to chitty chat about one wheeled vehicles!

8 hours ago, Keith said:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love, they are not all missing, @John Eucist is a very active, indeed the key, moderator behind the scenes and was here only 7 hours ago.

Sometimes I know things, but I kid.  I kid.  :ph34r:  I also sometimes speak in the virtual sense that a certain someone doesn't seem to ride EUCs much any more nor talk about them, but said person seems to run one of the most popular EUC sites on the interwebs.  ^_^  Sometimes I feel that he is punishing the unwashed behind the scenes by tweaking their forum settings.  :laughbounce2:

7 hours ago, Bambino said:

@Bambino rides like crazy in the KS18S!!! Go to work in the EUC with the music loud... Does not uses helmet, because he thinks that will hurt the asphalt if he fall down :D:D:D

Dooon't make me start a "Soon to be MIA" thread!  Protect that noggin'!  ;)

7 hours ago, litewave said:

Supersport is busy goldenizing EUCs, but he is still here in spirit.  :innocent1:

:cry2:  I think my repping ability has been tampered with.  :crying:

In any case, I hope SS doesn't mind me posting his video here.

Props go to @who_the :w00t2:.  Probably not the way I would have demonstrated how to ride an EUC, but hey go for it man!  :lol:  Get right down in that business!

24 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

My theory is that posters recognize how addictive EUCs are to purchase and don't post in order to avoid falling into that temptation. 

Also, some recognize their addiction to the forums and wean themselves out more or less forcefully... like @hobby16  ;)

I still love coming around here and annoying people with low-quality posts, but I've been busy moving the past couple of months. So now I have an old house with stuff that needs to be fixed before we can sell, plus a new house with about a million chores to do like set up my work bench and office, fix all the stuff that's broken in the house, put in new shelving, install home automation system, etc.

On the upside I met someone just down the street who wanted to learn the EUC so I loaned him my old generic 14 inch wheel. so now I only have two wheels, guess it's time to buy another one but I'll wait until spring when the weather is better and my wife isn't watching.

27 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

like set up my work bench and office,  put in new shelving

That reminds me, guess who's supposed to (by Christmas "preferably") fit all this:

4Eco9DJ.png

(Well, "just" the 3d-printer, and the four table tops + cabinets) 

into this:

jTKjnDu.png

Guess I'll have to throw away most of the old tables... :P 

19 hours ago, litewave said:

Glad you're back! So, did you support the winning team back home?

Hi @litewave, I hope you have been well 

This was actually a fascinating election... and in the end the party that had the largest portion of the vote has become the opposition (with a three way coalition taking control). 

Fortunately the difference between our left and right wing parties is about 2.5 degrees. So life carries on pretty much the same. 

11 hours ago, esaj said:

Guess I'll have to throw away most of the old tables... :P 

Time to knock down that exterior wall and make an addition to the house!

@The Fat Unicyclist We are still waiting for the Western Oz and Singapore trip report! Did you lounge in the Sky pool at the Marina Bay Sands?  How was the Wheelies group ride??  :w00t2:  Spill the beans man!

On 11/10/2017 at 10:25 AM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Props go to @who_the :w00t2:.  Probably not the way I would have demonstrated how to ride an EUC, but hey go for it man!  :lol:  Get right down in that business!

I adjusted my teaching technique for obvious reasons. Gotta take one for the team sometimes.

Archived